PDA

View Full Version : A new guy says hello

Jerran
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Greetings to all of you. Didnt take too long for me to come across a heralding of the Duchy on the darkfall forum and it took even less time for me to then realize this could be a Clan that could make the difference for me in staying with an MMO.

I truly hope that becomes the case and that is my intention. Will strive to learn all I can about the Duchy and hope this game comes to us in the near future.

I am leaning towards being a ranger and striving for a position of Sheriff someday should I be found worthy. There are other positions that intrigue me as well but I am sure I am not the only person here who finds this entire society structure compelling and could find multiple positions that they could enjoy.

A little bit about me though, I am thirty years old now. Perhaps that makes me an old guy here, perhaps I fit in just right. I hope it is the latter but it wouldn't bother me if its the former either.

Will continue to look over the vastness of information here to further orient myself with your set up but any hints and points in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Jerran

Chrono Veincrusher
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Greetings Jerran! We have people from most of the age segments here at Wessex so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Where do you see yourself in Darkfall?

Robert Namo
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Welcome. Why is Chrono getting all them looking for clan people... I'm trying tooo.

Jerran
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Greetings Jerran! We have people from most of the age segments here at Wessex so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Where do you see yourself in Darkfall?

I see myself far too involved in it for my own good.

To seriously answer the question though. I want to earn a name for myself within a Clan that is not just known for its battlefield prowess but also for its Society.

As far as what I can envision for myself with what limited knowledge we have thus far about the game, I see myself stalking through the surrounding forest in search for bandits who have been harrying our burgesses and freemen. I would really like to see myself at some point plotting and planning future movements and diplomacies but as the new guy I really hope that doesnt come across as threatening to anyone.

So right now I am a bit torn on whether to try and pursue a career as ranger and sheriff or to try and become a yeoman or knight through the garrison.

Man..you guys almost offer too many compelling choices. I am not used to such detailed storyline and RP in an MMO. Its like neverwinter nights rp server on a much much grander scale.

Chrono Veincrusher
11-03-2008, 05:32 PM
It's possible to take the Yeoman exam (for social jobs) whenever one feels like it. Although the path of Sheriff usually requires that the person knows a bit about our culture and such.

And becoming a Knight or Ranger is possible for one who works their way up the ladder within the garrison.

Jerran
11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
It's possible to take the Yeoman exam (for social jobs) whenever one feels like it. Although the path of Sheriff usually requires that the person knows a bit about our culture and such.

And becoming a Knight or Ranger is possible for one who works their way up the ladder within the garrison.

Of course, anything of true value must be earned. If those goals of mine could be easily attained then they wouldn't mean as much when attained.

While being an advisor and earning a position through the yeoman exam would definately have its high points, right now I am still leaning towards the other side.

So, how does one earn a spot in the garrison?

Markus Tyrell
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
First you would have to gain full member status then all you gotta do is enlist in the military.
A good way of proving yourself during trial membership is playing with us in Age of Chivalry (btw one of my damn friends stole my account so im inactive right now!) and attending the weekly drills, also simply hanging out on the forums or in our IRC/Vent.
You look like a promising individual so I wish you good luck and welcome you to the grand Duchy, I have a feeling ill be calling you sir in a couple of months :p

Aery Thiralis
11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome, gramps :D

Juuuust kidding. The older the wiser they say ;)

Nummer
11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay at the lovely Duchy of Wessex.

Alandarus Barbatus
11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the duchy of Wessex, it sounds like you will fit in just fine. I myself am 29 going on 30 this year so your not alone.

Proximo Coriolanus
11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex, our Military is a formidable one and it grows stronger with each batch of new members. We have many skilled fighters and a nice number of good leaders but having another addition to the brains of the operations is always welcome.

Of course if you choose a military carrier you will begin at the bottom of the food chain and you will show your quality by how straight your arrow flys.

Jerran
11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I suppose I shall have to go find your Irc info.

Edit: Pardons, but did not find such with a search. By any chance could someone share that info?

Okimo Fortis
11-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Hello and Welcome to Hell, i mean the Duchy of Wessex

Dreign Swift
11-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I am leaning towards being a ranger and striving for a position of Sheriff someday should I be found worthy. There are other positions that intrigue me as well but I am sure I am not the only person here who finds this entire society structure compelling and could find multiple positions that they could enjoy.

Aspirations to Ranger, Sheriff, Knight/Baronet and a desire to be one of the ones behind strategic Wessex moves? You sound a lot like me ;).

Well, welcome to the forums, and good luck with your application (I assume you already filled one out?)

Troas Archetto
11-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Well welcome Jerran, I see you like our community alot already, your long post has concluded that.

Just keep active, play our games and you'll probally be accepted within the first month! Good luck.

Gustaph Calgacus
11-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Welcome to Wessex mate. :)

Markus Tyrell
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
irc.stratics.com = server
#wsx = channel

Jerran
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Thank you Marcus, thats what I was waiting on.

Komako the Hawk
11-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Hell, I gotta give a shout out to this guy. When him and I were both Tribal Wars community staff, we rocked things up. He's a fine guy and will be a fine member.

Funny we should meet again... Wessex attracts the similar minded and what-not :p

Jerran
11-07-2008, 05:08 AM
Flattered that you remembered me so quickly. It is a pleasure to once again be affiliated with you. I look forward to seeing the Master Mapmaker at work again.