PDA

View Full Version : Hail, people of Wessex :D

Daracus Bregon
10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a brief description of myself, so here goes :)
I'm an 18 yr old male living in Iceland, a very beautiful country :P
I am currently on the third year of "framhaldsskóli", kinda like high school in other countries, just maybe a slight age difference, not so familiar with other school systems. Any way, I work alongside school as a professional footballer, that is soccer for you americans :p, and get decently paid for that :). I have been playing MMO's for about 5 years now, starting at small games, which my friend introduced me to. I got on and off many games, until I discovered WoW (damn, not one more:(), and there my real experience lies, as i played that game some time. Then I ended in AoC, and am playing that right now, but getting bored playing, so I'm anxiously (spelling?) waiting for Darkfall :).

So thats me, wish all of you best of luck, and I'm looking forward to spend time with you in this magnificent guild playing DF:)

Tewdric Veincrusher
10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Welcome To Wessex.

So where do you see yourself within wessex, soldier, archer, crafter, yeoman. And race? Will you be a noble human, a fair and trustworthy mirdain, or just a drunk dwarf?

Markus Tyrell
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow youre actually from Iceland!

Daracus Bregon
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks, have been looking at those matters for a while, and I think I will either become a mighty soldier, or, as I love stealth and all things associated with that, an archer and try to become an assassin. All human also :)

@Markus: Yeah, I am really from Iceland :p

Vasidius Kalgar
10-13-2008, 02:25 AM
How professional of a footballer are you, Iceland's national league level?

Welcome

Alandarus Barbatus
10-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Welcome to Wessex.

Tilia Virga
10-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Hi! Welcome to Wessex! So what's the language people use in Iceland?

Proximo Coriolanus
10-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex

Baned
10-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Do you listen to Bjork?

Dreign Swift
10-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Greetings, Daracus, and welcome to the forums. I've always heard very nice things about Iceland, and it's one of the places still on my list. Glad to hear you hope to bolster the forces of the Ducal Garrison. We could use some more eager young recruits.

Rivers Kelak
10-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Hail, Iceland lad! You guys are the creators of EVE Online, so you're alright by my book!

Manus Dei
10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Hail, Iceland lad! You guys are the creators of EVE Online, so you're alright by my book!

And Lazytown, so you're alright in mine!

Robert Namo
10-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Welcome.

Geoffrey Numbers
10-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Howdy friend, welcome to the Duchy.

Aery Thiralis
10-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome welcome !

Dreign you just wanna go there because there's twice as many women as there are men in Iceland hehe :D

Good reasons though ^^

Daracus Bregon
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
hehe, thank you all, yes we Icelanders are as loud as we are few. To answer you Vasidus, I was one of the 64 people trying to get into the national team, but didnt do well at practise because of a sprained ankle, but i hope to make it next year

PS. Dont know where you got the "twice as many women" fact, but thats not quite true, although that they're like 10 times more beautiful for example than british women :p

Gondo Mercas
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I've always wanted to go and see Iceland too. It sounds interesting. Pity about my country freezing all your countries assets here, still, this current depression was America's fault just like the last one.

Chrono Veincrusher
10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Greetings Daracus! You're most welcome in Wessex!

Gustaph Calgacus
10-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to Wessex Daracus. :)

Vesuvius Moltenforge
10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
While the history buff in me wants to give a full explantation about the Great Depression and Germany's severe inflation after the first World War spearheading it, I instead will focus on the more important subject at hand which is Iceland's abundance of beautiful women.

I had a brief and very rewarding relationship with a woman hailing from your fine country so you'll have to forgive me if I picture you as a blonde girl with a rather enticing accent since your Icelandic. Either that or I'll forever wish vengeance on you for having a much more gorgeous female population than my country. No matter how I handle this, welcome to Wessex you lucky bastard.