PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Greatheart

Laska Kashae
10-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi there,
I'm 20 years old and I live in the United Kingdom, Birmingham. I've just finished my 2 year University course studying ICT. (Little bit of everything, Programming, server maintenance, web hosting etc). I finished with a Merit overall for my Higher National Diploma. My graduation ceremony is in just over a week so I have to wear the robes and throw the hat up etc, should be a giggle.

I've been playing online games for as long as I can remember, MMORPG's are more of a recent thing for me but I've enjoyed them immensly. The range of games I play has varied alot so I'll list the main ones I've played over the years:

World of Warcraft (I'm know, I'm one of... THEM!)
Eve Online
CoH/CoV
Runescape (Old classic)
GuildWarsI only found out about Darkfall today and I have been immediatly captivated by its gameplay and its uniqueness compared to other games. I haven't played Beta and I don't understand the full nature of naming a character so I won't list one yet. (I hope its like GuildWars with several words for a single name).

Personally I see myself being a Jack-of-all trades kind of player, I'm never bothered about switching jobs or trying something new so I'll try as an Elf Archer at first and if DoW needs me to do something else I'm fine to change. To describe the kind of player I am, in the sense of my activities I would list myself in the rare category... Hardcore casual player. Sorry but to put this in context I must relate to World of Warcraft. In my experience of playing WoW I have had many roles and been in many different kinds of guilds. I've done the whole "Play 14 hours a day and become the uber-loot-whores we need to be" and I've done the "Lets go fishing and relax for a while" kind of play. So whether DoW is the "Need to be the best" or the "Lets have fun and quest together" type of clan, I'm happy to play and to help out.

The thing that has drawn me to DoW the most is the huge sense of community that I felt while reading the Clan information on the Darkfall forum. I've never encountered a guild, clan or alliance that has ever worked as such a tight group before. I am looking forward to working with you all in the near future and to see DoW become the respected clan it should be in game. (When it comes out)

Peace.

Aery Thiralis
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
What can I say, Greatheart ?

Amazing introduction post, I enjoyed reading it. Feel at ease here and get to know everybody from time to time.

Welcome welcome, a most promising recruit to the Duchy !

Manus Dei
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, you're in for a surprise with us then! Welcome to the both of you. I hope you enjoy pursuing all the possibilities we've tried to create for you.

Razli Lithewulf
10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
UK represent.

Just to say, no one ahs played BETA yet, well atleast not that I think so (Unless some Duchy members are hiding shit from me). So your not the only one. Nice to see your interest.

Robert Namo
10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome.

Gondo Mercas
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Hello. I'm new myself so I'm in no real position to welcome you but I'm sure it'll be a pleasure serving in the forces of Wessex along side you.

Theodoric Brionne
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Welcome to Wessex.

Proximo Coriolanus
10-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex

Baron Mordegan
10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah Welcome :) new here myself but I think we are all trying to find that ideal game that challenges us in every manner. The thing I like most about this game is the inter-dependency that is used to force you to work together to survive and prosper. I always hated the fact I could be self-sufficient in many MMO's and not really rely on anyone to progress in the game. Every death I suffer will be a learning experience and every success will taste that much sweeter...*sniffs* *memories of old UO*

Gustaph Calgacus
10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome to Wessex. :)

Alandarus Barbatus
10-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Nice to have you, Welcome.

Borandor Mercas
10-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Welcome, fellow trial member.