PDA

View Full Version : Good Day to you.

Gondo Mercas
10-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Greetings Lords, Ladies and Serfs of Wessex.

I am Gondo and I am looking to join this fine community!

I am a fithteen year old from South Wales and have been MMO gaming on and off for a few years now. I played two games by the now out of business "Persistant Worlds" game developer. One was Carpe Diem and the other was 9Dragons. I then discovered Mount&Blade and that put a damper on my MMO gaming for maybe half a year. After a while I decided to try LotRO and played that for maybe 2 months. I then met a person known there and here as Borandor. He introduced me to role playing and since I have been doing so avidly.

I am looking to make a human who is inclined to stealth and archery but also a skilled light cavalryman when needed.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and fighting by your side, come-what-may.

Alandarus Barbatus
10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
It's good to have you, Welcome.

Chrono Veincrusher
10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Greetins Gondo. I'm glad to see that you made your way here.

Robert Namo
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome.

Gondo Mercas
10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Well thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sure I shall be fine here.

Cynric Oakheart
10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Hail and well met.

Tewdric Veincrusher
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Wessex, i hope you find a home here!

Gustaph Calgacus
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forums Gondo.

Dreign Swift
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forums, Gondo. Glad to have your interest.

Borandor Mercas
10-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Hello Gondo! Good to see you've registered too.

Aery Thiralis
10-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Looks solid Gondo, welcome !

Geoffrey Numbers
10-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Howdy Gondo, good to meet you.

Gondo Mercas
10-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Damn my indecisiveness... I can't decide if I should go for Human or Mirdain... Perhaps I'll wait and see what racial bonuses there are for both. I'm also beginning to reconsider my style of combat. I'm now thinking of a medium armoured mounted longbowman (About half way down the page...) (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/weapon-files-the-longbow.htm) style soldier. Maybe keep a buckler shield and short lance for mounted engagements and a short falcion style sword for melee combat on foot.

Any idea if there'll be horse archery? It'd be a great addition to have Mount&Blade style horse archery. It'd be very hard to master but when you got there in the end it would be lethal.

Hmm... Just had another thought. If the weight of the armour effects the mount's speed then maybe I should use padded cloth armour.

Aery Thiralis
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Damn my indecisiveness... I can't decide if I should go for Human or Mirdain... Perhaps I'll wait and see what racial bonuses there are for both. I'm also beginning to reconsider my style of combat. I'm now thinking of a medium armoured mounted longbowman (About half way down the page...) (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/weapon-files-the-longbow.htm) style soldier. Maybe keep a buckler shield and short lance for mounted engagements and a short falcion style sword for melee combat on foot.

Any idea if there'll be horse archery? It'd be a great addition to have Mount&Blade style horse archery. It'd be very hard to master but when you got there in the end it would be lethal.

Hmm... Just had another thought. If the weight of the armour effects the mount's speed then maybe I should use padded cloth armour.

You cannot fire any ranged weapon from horseback in DF. Sorry :P

Gondo Mercas
10-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Ah, well. Any idea if horses will wander off when you dismount and leave them? I'd hate to dismount to fire and then find my horse had wandered off.

Aery Thiralis
10-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Ah, well. Any idea if horses will wander off when you dismount and leave them? I'd hate to dismount to fire and then find my horse had wandered off.
Nah, very unlikely.

Otherwise I'll be there to hold your mount still while you fire off those newbs :P

We should take turns then, cause I wanna fire off some nubs as well occasionally ^^

Gondo Mercas
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a deal!

I wonder if they do wander off whether peasants can become horse holders then. Complete with 'orse 'older banter! (A reference to a book there. Any one know the book? I'll make some item or another for the person who gets it when Darkfall is released.)