PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Hello All! I have been following Darkfall for a long time and have been looking for a Guild for a while from afar. Today I posted on the Clan recruitment forums and have gotten a lot of PM's. Yet, it remains that none of them are as organize and probably to have an impact on the world of Darkfall as the Duchy of Wessex, and for that reason I have submitted my application to join and one day be the Archmage of Wessex ;)

Hope to game with you all very soon and getting to know you all well :)

Emrys
-Hedgewizard, Archmage in Training

Alexio Corbeille
09-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Are you french?

Lhang Swordsinger
09-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Welcome to the guild Emrys!

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Are you french?
how odd of a question...no...I am Cuban-American....are we partial to the french? or just the opposite and intolerant of them?

Trucido Ieyasu
09-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Hello!

ZtyX Roman
09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex Emrys.
You have made a good choice. There are few clans in the world like Duchy of Wessex. :)
It is definitely going to be a Darkfall clan you can count on.

Razli Lithewulf
09-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex Emrys.
You have made a good choice. There are few clans in the world like Duchy of Wessex. :)
It is definitely going to be a Darkfall clan you can count on.

Too True.

Howdy.

Barden Jusik
09-27-2008, 02:31 PM
hey there, welcome to Wessex!

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you, although I do have a concern about my role as a magic user and more importantly the lack of Mages in your structure...I did read his Grace speak of later adding that once the power of magic in the game became clearer. Archmage of WEssex anyone? ;)

Manus Dei
09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh, we have mages worked out already militarily, and how they occupy the position "thaumaturgist" on the battlefield. What is not done yet is the special secret society for them to join and commingle with each other.

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Your Grace! That is excellent news! I did not see them in the structure. So I would not have to go through Yeomen and could as a magic user just join the military tree? Would they become knights? or Warmages? Is there a position in the Ducal Court for Magic users such as Archmages? I guess that all goes into the special secret society in which heralds turn around and turn emissaries into frogs...;)

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh, we have mages worked out already militarily, and how they occupy the position "thaumaturgist" on the battlefield. What is not done yet is the special secret society for them to join and commingle with each other.
By the way a practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge according to the infallible tome of knowledge known as Wikipedia :)

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Well I just got my message from Dafur saying I have been granted Trial Membership and so to ask in this thread for my access! I am very excited and hope to help the cause!

Morse Sans Membres
09-27-2008, 08:48 PM
By the way a practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge according to the infallible tome of knowledge known as Wikipedia :)

The most gracious one has been pwnt.

Alandarus Barbatus
09-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the Clan Emrys.

Dreign Swift
09-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Well I just got my message from Dafur saying I have been granted Trial Membership and so to ask in this thread for my access! I am very excited and hope to help the cause!

I'm excited for you! Welcome to the forums :)

The most gracious one has been pwnt.

You forget yourself..

Your Grace! That is excellent news! I did not see them in the structure. So I would not have to go through Yeomen and could as a magic user just join the military tree? Would they become knights? or Warmages? Is there a position in the Ducal Court for Magic users such as Archmages? I guess that all goes into the special secret society in which heralds turn around and turn emissaries into frogs...;)

Yes, they will be part of the military tree, just kinda off to the side a bit. Advancement into Gentry ranks for the Thaumaturgists (for those lucky enough) will be under the title "Baronet," which is similar in rank to Knighthood, just without the things associated with chivalry and (I believe?) land ownership.

There would be not necessarily be much use in the Ducal Court for magic users, but with that I should add that the members of the "Ordo" will be members from all walks of life, whether commoner, burgess, Herald or even Cabinet member. Also, I'm fairly confident we'll see a cabinet position open up whereby the head of the Ordo will be able to discuss and head up matters pertaining to his members and their role in overall Wessex strategy.

Miklo Faulke
09-28-2008, 08:03 AM
how odd of a question...no...I am Cuban-American....are we partial to the french? or just the opposite and intolerant of them? I like you!.. Welcome to Wessex, Mate (:

Vasidius Kalgar
09-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey man, Welcome to Wessex.

Gustaph Calgacus
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Welcome to Wessex. :)

Myrddin Ambrosius
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Dreign yes his Grace and I have spoken of this and he has kindly guided me to the fireside chats...I hope to work closely with you all and get to know you better :)