PDA

View Full Version : Greetings,

Boriken Staghaus
09-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I have just been accepted as a trial member, Looking forward to fighting along side of you all to help the Duchy succeed.

I am not sure what role i will play (no offence to elves and dwarfs but i am human:), however I can tell you i am a quick study and good at adapting to whatever role we are lacking. For the most part in the past i have played supporting roles weather it be gathering, healing, scouting or archery.
games iv played,, UO, DaoC, Shadowbane, WoW, several free to play, and have liked DF since 2001 or 2002 cant remember (didnt think it would ever happen) lost track of DF for a few years and Just came accross it several months back and quite supprised/pleased how close they are

Must say the most fun i had was in UO fighting in undies and a big axe during tournaments. boy those lumberjacks hit hard :)

I am from St Louis, hard to offend, love to help, willing to give my opinion on Almost anything (if you wish for it that is)

Tarcil
09-26-2008, 03:32 AM
Good intro. I'm glad to meet you! Hope to see you on IRC or Vent sometime.

Chrono Veincrusher
09-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome to Wessex, Boriken!

Dreign Swift
09-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Welcome to the forums, Boriken, it's a pleasure to have you.

Tell us more stories about the tournaments. :cool:

Alandarus Barbatus
09-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Welcome to Wessex Boriken

Miklo Faulke
09-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Welcome Boriken, pleased to meet you.

Gustaph Calgacus
09-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Welcome mate. :)

Boriken Staghaus
09-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Tell us more stories about the tournaments.

most of the tournaments set in a colosseum where npc's were in fighting gear walking around during fights.

Was kinda funny how everyone would leave me alone until the end thinking i would be easy to kill without armor, the fights were melee only. Yea i would die in a few hits but so would they :) with axe wielding and lumberjacking both gm also a ton of strength i would hit like a truck.

i remember my last fight; I thought i won then all of a sudden was hit from behind by one of the npc's. I quickly gave us some space to assess the situation and realized he was in the tournament also lol (he was walking around aimlessly until there was one of us left, Looking identical to a npc). Quickly running buy him taking a swipe into his light armor making this match even with both one hit till we get the victory or death. Both charging in seeing the reward in our hands, a swing from my monstrous axe was not quick enough to land befor i caught the sharp end of his spear.

Was a blast even though i never won. That last fight several people complained about me using a magic axe, however after letting them check my bags, I showed them otherwise by demonstrating the power of gm weaponry with one swipe and half their life.

Beric Veincrusher
09-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I to answer to the alure of fighting naked as well! With possible bonuses of unhindered speed and agility in Darkfall it may even be a good, but short lived strategy! (/Imagines spawning at the clan stone, grabbing a sword and running back into combat)

Do you still play UO?

Geoffrey Numbers
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Welcome! And yes, there is nothing quite like dex-monkeying your enemy to death!

Boriken Staghaus
10-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I to answer to the alure of fighting naked as well! With possible bonuses of unhindered speed and agility in Darkfall it may even be a good, but short lived strategy! (/Imagines spawning at the clan stone, grabbing a sword and running back into combat)

Do you still play UO?

Na i haven't played that game since 98 i think, cant realy remember :confused:

and I also like the idea of just picking up a weapon and heading right back into the fray. I always loved when people kill me and all i have is junk items hehe. I also liked to keep a ton of empty bags on me so it takes them forever to get to anything good if i had anything that is. looks like bags will be very similar to UO :)

Decimus Kalgar
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Welcome to Wessex mate!

Lhang Swordsinger
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome! Hope you have a great time in Wessex!

Aulus
10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Welcome. I also like having as much inventory space as possible.