PDA

View Full Version : Yep another greetings

Timberwolf
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Ahoy all, good to be here, thanks for inviting me.

Some of you might already know a good deal about me from DarkFall's forums and my "post heard round the world". If you haven't, I suggest checking out the voiced version, it's hilarious.

Anyway, like most other new guys here, I'm pretty pumped about getting into beta. I'm not sure what this group needs but I've had a good deal of experience in leadership positions of varying authority including guild leader for a few years and I plan on making a brutal character. Swordsman/bowmen/light weaponsmith.

I like ships so if you guys plan on having a navy/amphibious infantry, I'll be all over it.

Anyway cheers and thanks for the invite, see you guys in the field.

Anhur Sethorus
09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm proud to be the first to welcome you here. And yes, we will have an extensive Navy. I'm still debating about going into the Navy myself so maybe I'll see u on deck ;)

Timberwolf
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
absolutely, that will be a great experience and thank you for the welcome.

Don't suppose you guys would mind granting a poor guy forum access would you?

Barden Jusik
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey there, welcome to wessex!

Chrono Veincrusher
09-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Don't suppose you guys would mind granting a poor guy forum access would you?
Did you fill out an application? (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/content/exams/joincontact.php)

Timberwolf
09-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Ah, thank you, I didn't see that. I saw people asking and thought it had to be granted on an individual basis.

Baned
09-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh good lord its Timberwolf.

HAI TIMBERWOLF

Welcome

Semper Fi

Einar Tyrssen
09-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Are you registering specifically for Wessex or taking up my invite to be in Sleggjaholl? Anyhow, welcome. :)

Slaker
09-24-2008, 01:18 AM
:gds:T I M B E R W O L F!:gds:

Timberwolf
09-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Are you registering specifically for Wessex or taking up my invite to be in Sleggjaholl? Anyhow, welcome. :)

hahaha, thanks for the welcome guys. And yes Einar I'm working that out right now, I was told to come here as part of my recruitment request. Dafur and I are discussing where I fit best. 8)

Komako the Hawk
09-24-2008, 05:22 AM
We humiliated you in front of the entire community. Are you glutton for punishment?

Baned
09-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Its only punishment if we make it so.

So far its only you thats started it.

He provided enough lulz once for any person.

Dreign Swift
09-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Ok, I was there when you asked to join Sleggjaholl, and when Einar said that he was going to accept you, but it seemed like more of a joke than anything. Yet here we are.

I really...don't know what to say. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to take you seriously after that completely insane web of lies you spun around yourself while seriously acting as though you were someone other than a scrawny teenager. I want to say "lol" at the end there, but in reality it's not funny at all.

You paraded yourself around as a retired 38 year-old military veteran who had seen wartime action and now works as a "Military Advisor." Not only that, but you actually went on a tirade about how you were going to do everything in your power to disrupt our "alliance."

In direct reference to us, you say:

“I'm so sick of this big alliance bullshit.”

“I promise I'll fight it in more ways than one.”

“Let's see half of you fight a real war or be forced to kill another human being with your combat knife because he got too close to use your rifle.”

“Well I'll be more than happy to find your address and hurt a few of you before you get the chance to find me.”

“So my challenge to you boys and girls is: find all my little pockets of resistance in the game, and let's see if you can hack me and find where I live.”

“As long as I live, you will have NOTHING, I will give you NOTHING save death if you want to come and claim it. You won't ruin another of my games. I have a right to run a guild and play a game just like you.”

Ok, so the ones toward the end become just completely ridiculous and are worth a hearty ROTFL in hindsight, but the fact of the matter is, you actually said all of it (and much more...) and you weren't joking. This causes me to seriously question your state of sanity.

Why are you here? Where's the clan you lead?

What really surprises me is that you not only expect to be welcomed here, but you were talking with Dafur about joining into a position of leadership in Wessex?

Knowing His Grace, I'd imagine he just might allow you in for the purpose of furthering some mysterious machination of his (and in that case I'll feel foolish for thrashing you), but I hope you didn't seriously come here expecting to not be questioned.

Dafur Gewissae
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Wasn't aware of such blasphemous statements; while worse things have been said, I'd suggest that you try and attempt to justify these statements somehow.

What were your intentions in joining Wessex? I'd assume that since you used your original forum name, you weren't trying to hide your identity, and thus had no harmful intentions. However, I do believe you should be held accountable.

Timberwolf
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, I guess I could continue flaming you guys. I was more interested in accepting the invitation and just playing the game when I got in with some people and having fun.

Plus, the fact that you had to look up all this information on me was pretty pathetic. Who would waste their time looking up someone on the internet? If you chose to make assumptions based on the things you find on some web pages, well that just says a lot about you doesn't it?

Yeah you're right, some of those things were a little crazy, I have no problem admitting that. I spent 3 years in a game that drove a lot of people crazy, who knows maybe some of that shit rubbed off on me.

I was worried I was coming back into another one of those situations, seems I slipped into my old ways for a bit. Though I came back after 2 months and found you had decided to look up a bunch of things about me and such.

Funny, you need to pick on someone when they're not even there for 2 months? it was 2 months guys, grow up.

So if you want to be dicks about it, that's fine, you're just like the alliance of 1600 players I had to deal with before. They even had moderators backing them.

But why am I here? Because I was invited and in the spirit of good gaming I decided to let the past go as most mature people would at least attempt to do. I'd just like to play the game to be honest, there will be plenty of chances for PvP so I don 't think we need to sit here and flame each other.

But if that's what you want, flame on, I won't bother sitting here reading it, so have fun flaming someone who's not reading the post! hahaha.

Anyway, as an enemy or a friend, it's up to you.

Nightslayer
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome dude

Gustaph Calgacus
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Was going to welcome you, but I think I will hold off until there is further clarification..........

Aery Thiralis
09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
You're sure you won't lose control after we tease you a bit on vent and you'll come kick our butt with your awesome martial arts and military experience ?

Seriously though, WHAT THE FUCK was up with all that bullshitting on the internetz ?

Baned
09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
You're sure you won't lose control after we tease you a bit on vent and you'll come kick our butt with your awesome martial arts and military experience ?

Seriously though, WHAT THE FUCK was up with all that bullshitting on the internetz ?

No but I will.

Morse Sans Membres
09-24-2008, 08:43 PM
*Creeps away while new trial member replaces him as the villain of the forums*

That probably would've worked better if I had not posted...

Anyway, the way I see the situation is, he's defending himself, and that's just bullshit.

Einar Tyrssen
09-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I am taking him in simply for the sake of a chance of redemption and out of the kindness of my otherwise blackened heart.

I don't think this is any of your concern, Wessexians.

Komako the Hawk
09-25-2008, 01:32 AM
...[Thanes] have the power to sponsor or induct foreigners into the duchy as villeins sworn in fealty...

Sir Einar has the power to induct his own coloni, and as such, we must respect his decisions. That being said, should Timberwolf become a Thrall, he is subject to the Common Law of the realm, and any violations of the Common Law will be tried appropriately.

Please send me a private message if you wish to induct Timberwolf as your villein, Sir Einar.