PDA

View Full Version : Hail and well met!

Malconia
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I was accepted as a trial member and plan on pursuing higher rank as soon as possible :D What brought me here is the fact that you guys seem VERY organized and SERIOUS! Watched the video of you guys doing drills and... That was enough for me!

My goal in-game is to become a legendary crafter, exporting my wares throughout the empire and/or world. As for the combat side, I'm not quite sure.. That remains to be seen once I can see the combat/spell system for myself. Hopefully I can craft a hybrid melee/magic user or perhaps a bowman char..who knows :)

Once I attain the rank of Vellein I plan on enlisting in the Duchy's Navy as a Seaman. Of course I will be saving up money to buy my own ship so I can transport goods, people..etc.

Lionel Vane
09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the Wessex DarkRevenger, I am Sir Lionel, Thane of Ipswich, leader of Distortion. I can tell you that yes these guys are serious and I love it. If you need anything I'll help as good as I can :)

Welcome.
-Sir Lionel

Nightslayer
09-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey man. Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex.:cool:

Chrono Veincrusher
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Greetings! Seems like you have done some thinking about what to do in Darkfall, but what race will you play as?

Another thing, Darkfall characters will have a first name and surname. Are you going to be using Dark Revenger in Darkfall or do you have another name planned? (Our policy is to use the same name on the forums as the one in the game to avoid confusion)

Malconia
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
I've put some more thought into it and yes, Mirdain is the way to go for me. Although, being a Dwarf may be the way to go crafting wise...? One of the things that pushes me away from creating a Dwarf would be they're usually not the most adept at magic.. But who knows what this game will bring...

Malconia
09-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh yes, past MMO experience.

I first started out playing UO in 2001, right after they took decay off the housing (remember those prices?! :eek:) I played for about 3 1/2 years on and off during that time. In which I participated in guild hunts, PvP..etc.

DAOC was another fave, played that for a few years as Mid-Merlin (During which time a lot of people we're banned from the game. You guys probably remember what I'm talking about.) and Alb on some other server.. Participated in Guild hunts, RvR, PvP.

When Shadowbane came out I played that to the death and it was quite a fun experience! Participated in siege warfare, guild hunts..etc.

Once SWG had a pre-order I reserved a Special Edition and regular copy of the game... Couldn't play at launch due to a "mess" up in shipping and it was received nearly a week later! Oh well, the servers we're so bogged down that day they crashed and we're revamped. For this game I participated in Faction warfare, Guild Raids..etc.

Played Neocron for awhile... Now it's almost dead and I wonder how they're making any money on it, if they are..:eek:

Dabbled in planetside for a little while...bleh.

Tried a failed attempt at WoW. Enough said.

Tried AoC and was dissapointed :(

And uh, I know there's more but I just installed Vanguard and must try it out!

So...... If anyone is playing Vanguard atm send me a message on Xfire.

Aery Thiralis
09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Malconia !

About Vanguard... Sorry dude but all I heard is that it's epic fail :<

Robert Namo
09-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome.

Morse Sans Membres
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanguard:_Saga_of_Heroes#Criticism

Malconia
09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome Malconia !

About Vanguard... Sorry dude but all I heard is that it's epic fail :<

Yeah.. I logged in for the first time yesterday and the beginning crafting was buggy :( Had to re-roll a toon and it worked. Still giving it a shot though. At least until DF :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanguar...roes#Criticism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanguard:_Saga_of_Heroes#Criticism)

eek!

Barden Jusik
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the duchy mate!

Malconia
09-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks! :D