PDA

View Full Version : Saluting to His Grace and the fellows.

Elek
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Yo guys, just hopping in to say hi now that I'm accepted as a trial member and to request forum access;)

"My lords...my ladies...and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion...today you find yourselves equals...for you are equally blessed. For I have the pride...the privelege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you a knight sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back...beyond Charlemagne. I first met him...atop of mountain near Jerusalem...praying to God...asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazes me still further in Italy...when he saved a fatherless beauty...from the would-be ravishings of her dreadful uncle. In Greece...he spent a year in silence...just to better understand the silence...of a whisper. So without further gilding the lily and with no more ado...I give to you the Seeker of Serenity...the Protector of Italian Virginity...the Enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only...Sir Eeeeeeelek von Licthenstein!"

Let's see if you dudes there are into medieval movies:D

Slash Redhand
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Wooohoooo.

Welcome to Wessex bro.

Greece ftw.;)

Kalandros
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice introduction. I'm rather new here as well, but if my brief experience has taught me anything, the next questions are going to be: Where are you from? What MMO experience do you have? What role do you see yourself playing within the Duchy?

Have a nice day!

Elek
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Um yeah, I suppose only few members get to see the applications so here's some info about me;):

I'm from Greece, currently in 1st year of college and my past experience with MMOs is Everquest II, DAoC and WoW mainly. The last 2 games I have been playing were with the same guild and since most of them will be moving on WAR and I decided to try my luck in Darkfall we will get seperated. As I also stated in my app I'm mostly heading into combat and strategy.

That's pretty much about me, looking forward to see you in game:D

Kipren Valreth
09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Fun feel good movie, but I must say I enjoyed Robin Hood better with Costner, yeah I know there are some Costner-Haters out there but come on he was good in that film... Right!?

Kalandros
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Fun feel good movie, but I must say I enjoyed Robin Hood better with Costner, yeah I know there are some Costner-Haters out there but come on he was good in that film... Right!?

I thought 'Prince of Thieves' was an excellent movie. As was it's parody 'Men in Tights'.

Gustaph Calgacus
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Welcome. :)

I would have to agree that Prince of Thieves was an excellent film. Men in Tights however.........

Kalandros
09-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Men in Tights however.........

A sense of humor is a prerequisite for that one.

Dreign Swift
09-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the forums, Elek. Just so you know, I believe it take a lot more to place yourself as part of the Gentry of Wessex. Since we're talking about a computer game set in a fantasy world, we can't exactly recognize the blue-blooded status of a newly arrived stranger :p

I would have to agree that Prince of Thieves was an excellent film. Men in Tights however.........

A sense of humor is a prerequisite for that one.

Yes, most certainly...

If "excellent film" is the scale being used, the genius of Men In Tights is lost in translation!

Robert Namo
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
welcome.

Cypriss
09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Hello Elek

I enjoyed A Knight's Tale. A well thought out movie, good message, subtle humor. Two thumbs up. Welcome.

Elek
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Hello Elek

I enjoyed A Knight's Tale. A well thought out movie, good message, subtle humor. Two thumbs up. Welcome.
We got a winner:)