PDA

View Full Version : Good day v2.0

Geoffrey Numbers
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
And pleased to make you acquaintance, I'm sure.

I am Geoffrey Numbers, you may know me by my official board handle, DR.NUMBERS.

I present myself a hopeful subject to His Grace.

Komako the Hawk
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
If your in-game name will be Geoffrey Numbers, then that's the name you need to use on this forum.

Also, welcome.

Beric Veincrusher
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
What kind of doctor do you consider youself?

Tarcil
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Good to meet you, and good luck with everything.

Geoffrey Numbers
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM

I have been called a doctor of love and have even been referred to as "doctor evil" but I am in fact a pediatrician. Yes, I like children.

Morse Sans Membres
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
'Like' how much? Like, 4chan like children, or regular like children?

Geoffrey Numbers
09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
'Like' how much? Like, 4chan like children, or regular like children?

I couldn't very well say, I was banned from 4chan after my first post.

Dreign Swift
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Strange, your application gave a very different impression than this thread thus far has.

Trucido Ieyasu
09-15-2008, 11:49 PM
This is Sparta? Welcome, you can call me Mr.Not Funny.

Morse Sans Membres
09-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Please explain this attempt at humour.

Geoffrey Numbers
09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
If your in-game name will be Geoffrey Numbers, then that's the name you need to use on this forum.

Also, welcome.

Thanks, I thought I read a post somewhere saying if your forum name was different than your character name, to just let someone know. I thought when I filled in the application form and entered my forum id and character name that it would be clear.

Lol, I'm not actually a pediatrician and I don't like children in any manner other than the conventional, socially accepted norms. Also, I've never visited 4chan.

My years in the Boy Scouts have, however, left me with the knowledge of CPR.

Good to meet you, and good luck with everything.

Thank you.

Strange, your application gave a very different impression than this thread thus far has.

How so?

I haven't really confirmed or denied any information given in my application and, for that matter, that information hasn't even arisen here.

As far as I can signify this thread has yielded one introductory post from myself and a playful attempt at comedy/banter but no information on interests, inspirations or aspirations.

?

Troas Archetto
09-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Um he's saying he doesn't think it's funny that he is acting like a pedofile. It's creepy honestly. Please tell me you're not like that.

Geoffrey Numbers
09-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Um he's saying he doesn't think it's funny that he is acting like a pedofile. It's creepy honestly. Please tell me you're not like that.

See above.

I'm guessing you don't spend much time in DF:OT (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)...
Also, suggestions of anything of a sexual nature are an extrapolation on the part of the reader.

I (falsely and jokingly) answered that I was a pediatrician and that I liked children. I also stated I had been banned from 4chan. How this was interpreted further was out of my control.

Perhaps you could clarify what "actions" of mine signify some kind of perversion.

Surly knows my orientation better than myself so it seems:

You can't even figuratively say that an action has a physical attachment like wheels. It doesn't make sense. If you're talking metaphors, you'd have to say something like... "It's a hardon inducing <noun> on wheels" like... I don't know... It's a hardon inducing sheep on wheels. At least then you'd appeal to New Zealanders.

I know what you wrote, though. You wrote that you're turned on by hard cocks, with wheels.

I submit sir, you have me figured.

Yesssssssss! I fucking knew it all along.

Grim Dvalin
09-16-2008, 01:36 AM
You act like Thirlan...with the quoting and the responses. Plus Thirlan likes numbers...

Geoffrey Numbers
09-16-2008, 01:42 AM
You act like Thirlan...with the quoting and the responses. Plus Thirlan likes numbers...

Who or what is Thirlan? Is this good, bad or indifferent?

Also, good to make your acquaintance.

Kalandros
09-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Who or what is Thirlan? Is this good, bad or indifferent?

Also, good to make your acquaintance.

I'd say it's good. I don't know Thirlan personally, but he appears to be a very respected member of the community.

Dreign Swift
09-16-2008, 04:07 AM

Well that's going a bit far, but I would say he's got a unique way about him.

DR., I guess the only thing I can say to explain myself is that (based off your application) I must've imagined I'd like you more immediately upon meeting you. *shrug* Assumption is the key to all failure.

Welcome to the forums, sorry you had to make a second thread ;)

Geoffrey Numbers
09-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Well that's going a bit far, but I would say he's got a unique way about him.

DR., I guess the only thing I can say to explain myself is that (based off your application) I must've imagined I'd like you more immediately upon meeting you. *shrug* Assumption is the key to all failure.

Welcome to the forums, sorry you had to make a second thread ;)

Haha, sorry to disappoint. Hopefully I'll grow on you though.

I can be a bit forward sometimes and my humor isn't always in the best taste but I mean it in a friendly way. I think I often assume too much familiarity with people.

Please don't take offense.

Dreign Swift
09-16-2008, 04:42 AM
I think I often assume too much familiarity with people.

Please don't take offense.

Pfft, please. None taken!

Yeah, maybe it's that assertiveness causes me to feel like someone's trying to go from "Esteemed Guest" to "Esteemed Member" too soon?

Regardless, you're already starting to grow on me :). We love our Forumfall folks plenty, just try avoid some of those old "Off-Topic" temptations, eh? :D

Surly von Fishbarrel
09-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I think he's Thirlan too.

Dreign Swift
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I think he's Thirlan too.

I wouldn't take Thirlan for being one to maintain high activity levels in forumfall, especially considering that he only has about 2-3 hours of free time a day. >_<

As for you...I simply don't know how you do what you do, Surly, it's...super-human.

Nightslayer
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
welcome to wessex

Geoffrey Numbers
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Pfft, please. None taken!

Yeah, maybe it's that assertiveness causes me to feel like someone's trying to go from "Esteemed Guest" to "Esteemed Member" too soon?

Regardless, you're already starting to grow on me :). We love our Forumfall folks plenty, just try avoid some of those old "Off-Topic" temptations, eh? :D

Esteemed member? Sheesh, such little vision, what makes you think my aspirations are so humble. Once I knock off the Duke I'm heading straight for the thrown...

Is it treason for a man to be ambitious :)

Rhygar apGwynn
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Esteemed member? Sheesh, such little vision, what makes you think my aspirations are so humble. Once I knock off the Duke I'm heading straight for the thrown...

Is it treason for a man to be ambitious :)

Only if you get caught. ;)

Nenweyen
09-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh my god, It's another fishbarrel incident. Numbers is really Thirlain! and he is going to plot out some massive scheme and reveal himself in the years to come. I knew it!

Anyways....Welcome Numbers.

Sir Thirlain was a knight bachelor of Wessex, now he is Chancellor of the Exchequer in Hyperion.

Komako the Hawk
09-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Alright, I'll change your name to Geoffrey Numbers. Just remember it'll change your login info.

Grim Dvalin
09-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Indeed. I cannot trust anyone who has correct grammar...its all too fishy around here. (Get it Fishbarrel == Surly, fishy?) I'm too fucking clever.

Morse Sans Membres
09-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Indeed. I cannot trust anyone who has correct grammar...its all too fishy around here. (Get it Fishbarrel == Surly, fishy?) I'm too fucking clever.

Ohohoho, I see what you did there.

See, it's funny because fish refers to both fishy, in the metaphorical sense, and Fishbarrel, that guy standing over there in the corner! Ah-ah-ah-ah!

Also, there is meta-humor in the reference to multiple I'll shut up now.