PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy!

Jabroni Blazsaer
06-04-2006, 07:13 AM
I am excited to say I have most graciously been appointed to the esteemed rank of "Trial Member!" And as such, I would just like to say hey to everyone.

So my name is Zintex, or at least, that has been my online handle for the past six years or so, ever since I was but a lowly Gnome Wizard in the very dark and disturbing world of Everquest. And the name has kinda stuck with me for every game. My real name is Brian. I am an experienced gamer, and have played all manner of MMOs, in particular. Went from EQ to Shadowbane, to Anarchy Online, back to EQ again, to Planetside, to City of Heroes, to EQ again, to Horizons, to World of Warcraft.. And have been playing CS for over four years as well. Still playing it now... Kind of sad, really. I am actually currently half-assedly working on a level 11 Wizard on the Shadowbane Test Server since I just learned last week that it is now free, haha.

I have been following Darkfall for quite some time now. Actually, originally Vanguard, then I kind of abandoned that and decided Darkfall looked way better. I feel this is the game I have been waiting to play for years. Like this will be the light. I see so much potential and so much room for creativity. Creativity, however, means nothing if you are surrounded by individuals who have no idea what they're doing. I read the post about the Duchy of Wessex's on the DFO forums and it seemed as though these are people I could enjoy being with, and they seem a little bit above your average MMO crowd. That became even more evident as I read up further about you guys on this website.

Anyway, I posted under the Looking For Guild thread and was fortunate enough to get an invitation to apply, and here I am. I look forward to getting to know all you guys more, and lookforward to a potential long-term future of supreme dominance in the coming world of Darkfall!

EDIT: Ah, it seems I neglected to request access to a certain area as a trial member? Well, I'm not exactly sure what that is about... But please update my access, if that is what must be done, haha. Thank you.

Surly von Fishbarrel
06-04-2006, 07:16 AM
You got an invitation to apply? Well hell, you're probably a pretty good egg then. Hopefully we'll live up to your expectations. Hope you're ready to do a lot of waiting, though!

Jabroni Blazsaer
06-04-2006, 07:35 AM
You got an invitation to apply? Well hell, you're probably a pretty good egg then.

Umm... I think I did... Well, if you put it that way, now maybe I'm not so sure... Doesn't everyone get to apply? Hmm... Perhaps I misread something?

Manus Dei
06-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Ah, glad you made it, Zintex. We're on the same page with you about Darkfall. It seems to be the game that will get a lot of things right, and of course we've built the Duchy accordingly to make the experience all that it could be.

I'm glad that we've gained a member like you who seems to understand exactly what we are going for. I know the forums were giving you trouble when you were registering, but what kind of role do you see yourself aiming for in Wessex?

Surly von Fishbarrel
06-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Umm... I think I did... Well, if you put it that way, now maybe I'm not so sure... Doesn't everyone get to apply? Hmm... Perhaps I misread something?Sure, everyone can apply. Not everyone who applies is invited to do so though. Not many of them are, I don't believe. So it's just a good sign, that's all!

Fenris
06-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey! Nice to meet you, just as wordy an introduction post as your app, a good sign. ;)

Aiden Morild
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
hello there

Jabroni Blazsaer
06-06-2006, 12:31 AM
what kind of role do you see yourself aiming for in Wessex?

On the battlefield, or within the guild ranks themselves? On the battlefield, I think I'd gear towards a type of Battlemage character. As for the guild, I suppose my ultimate goal would be to become a knight.

Falt
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Welcome to the guild, Zintex. Good luck on becoming a full-fledged member. :D