PDA

View Full Version : RETIRED - Oath of Office - Fenris Sigismund, Sheriff

Nira Nathair
03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
I shall truly, to the best of my ability, maintain and sustain the duke's peace within this duchy. And I shall make rightful arrests of trespassers, evil-doers, troublemakers, disturbers and upsetters of the duke's peace, and bring them before an assize or before the Duke or the Chancellor or the Constable.

I shall be ready at the defense of any subject of the duke who finds himself assailed by any troublemaker, miscreant, evil-doer or invader, ready to fight and protect in the name of the duke's peace, so help me Morgaine.

And when I call an assize, I shall hear impartially and without prejudice the witnesses to the deeds and events as they are retold, and I shall come to my decision about the matter without regard to personal acquaintance or favor for those who may be involved, but that I shall do so impartially and with the concepts of justice and fairness ever in my mind, so help me Morgaine.

And should there be a disturbance of the duke's peace between those of station above my own, I will conduct them with integrity to the Duke or the Chancellor so that their complaints may be heard fairly and their dispute resolved as befitting of gentle men.

I shall undertake the watches in the time to which my watch is assigned and direct them as their turn comes, according to the dictates of the Constable. And once a week I shall present or deliver up to Duke and Exchequer the names of any who are rebellious or default concerning fines or assessments. And I shall perform all duties associated with the office of sheriff within the duchy of Wessex, so help me Morgaine.

F. Sigismund

http://66.90.102.20/%7Ewsx/sigs/fenris.gif