PDA

View Full Version : RETIRED - Oath of Service of Vasidius Kalgar, Esq to Lord Aeneas.

Vasidius Kalgar
06-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Vasidius stands behind the altar of the Cathedral with Lord Aeneas and His Grace in toe behind him. He then takes in a lung full of air and begins to read his oath off the pre-prepared parchment which lay in his hands to the audience within the Cathedral.

As i stand before the people within these cathedral walls let them bear witness that, I, Vasidius Kalgar, pledge my strength, pledge my mind and pledge my body to representing and upholding the Duchy values as a Knight under Lord Aeneas.

Be it in a time of renaissance and peace or a time when our lands and virtues be under threat, under Lord Aeneas's mentorship i will hold true to our code of chilvary and feudal charters with devout loyalty and total adherence. I vow to act as a testament to all that bear the Duchy's crest and draw a sword in the name of His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex. My actions by either word or deed as a Knight will forever be beneficial and a showing of character and my homage for the Duchy.

I give my self to you and your teachings Lord Aeneas, i have strong faith that you will use my knowledge and ability to the best of my and the Duchy's advantage. I shall place great emphasis on learning from you and allow you to pave my future here in Wessex, I will hold true to the well-being of the Duchy and never once stop coming to its defense, until my death or until my services are no longer required.

Vasidius Kalgar