PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Hasdagan
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone

I recently heard about Darkfall and it sounds like an awsome game.

As the forum is a bit harsh and uninformative I thought I might as well look for a clan-site to find more information and spend some time and I saw yours advertising-thread.

But first things first: Awsome signatures :D

I was really inspired by the way you wanted to build your clan around a historical medieval society. Awsome idea and it seems like it works. Especially this thread (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2108&highlight=adventure) and the fireside chats is really interesting reading and it looks like you have enerything under control.

I do not yet know if Darkfall will be game I'm going to play. I'm especially worried about the open-world PvP but will probably give it a try when I buy a new computer (hopefully the beta won't be untill fall so I can join it) and it seems like your playstyle is really worth trying. I haven't roleplayed in a game before, so it'll probably be interesting :).

As I'm not sure if I will be playing Darkfall I won't apply for membership of the Duchy of Wessex just yet, but I hope you don't mind me staying around untill then.

~ Hasdagan

Einar Tyrssen
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Welcome. I assure you, we're waiting for nothing but the most epic game. Wessex also does play other games, so if you want, you could play those until you've made up your mind about Darkfall.

Slash Redhand
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey there m8, you 're welcome here even as a guest.
But I'll give you a friendly advise, if you don't play Darkfall you'll miss the revolutionary MMORPG, so I can't see the reason that you're hesitating,
Make you decission, play Darkfall!;)

As for the open PvP thing, you won't have many ganking problems in a guild such as this.

Tewdric Veincrusher
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey There and Welcome to Wessex

indeed the sigs are awesome (Three cheers to Chrono and Koma!)

Dont worry about the open pvp, we will go around in large enough groups so that if someone does try to attack us only a organised zerg (oxymoron) would be able to defeat us!

Ok Shutting up now

WELCOME!

Spaw Kindred
05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey everyone

The main attraction to Wessex obviously.

Chrono Veincrusher
05-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Greetings Hasdagan!
You're more then welcome to hang around in these parts.

ZhenYu Omega
05-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Welcome!
Hope you decide to play darkfall and join Wessex but if you don't I'm sure every one will make you a welcome guest. Heck I am still a trial member almost 3 mos now, I left and come back (real life issues) and still feel just as welcome as I did 3 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdagan http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/images/wessex/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?p=44411#post44411)
Hey everyone

The main attraction to Wessex obviously.

The sigs are great and all, but thank god it's not Wessex's only attraction cuz their all SO MANLY!!! LOL you would never be ever to appeal to chick gamers like me if this was your only attraction hehe.

Jade

Dragontear
05-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Hey everyone

I recently heard about Darkfall and it sounds like an awsome game.

As the forum is a bit harsh and uninformative I thought I might as well look for a clan-site to find more information and spend some time and I saw yours advertising-thread.

I was really inspired by the way you wanted to build your clan around a historical medieval society. Awsome idea and it seems like it works. Especially this thread (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2108&highlight=adventure) and the fireside chats is really interesting reading and it looks like you have enerything under control.

I do not yet know if Darkfall will be game I'm going to play. I'm especially worried about the open-world PvP but will probably give it a try when I buy a new computer (hopefully the beta won't be untill fall so I can join it) and it seems like your playstyle is really worth trying. I haven't roleplayed in a game before, so it'll probably be interesting :).

As I'm not sure if I will be playing Darkfall I won't apply for membership of the Duchy of Wessex just yet, but I hope you don't mind me staying around untill then.

~ Hasdagan

Well, If your not really in-tune with the stuff that revolves around MMO's maybe you should dare I say it lol play world of warcraft :p Just to get a feel for it, but when this game comes out its going to be unlike any other MMO. With playing WoW you can see how to play these games, but if your going to start playing role-playing games this is the game to do it in. Stick around and read some forums. :)

[Dragontear]

Baned
05-29-2008, 06:39 AM
The sigs are great and all, but thank god it's not Wessex's only attraction cuz their all SO MANLY!!! LOL you would never be ever to appeal to chick gamers like me if this was your only attraction hehe.

Jade

Females do not like our pimping signatures?

I am ashamed in you Koma, your meant to make them attract the ladies.

Hasdagan
05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome, you seem like a friendly bunch of guys.

Hey There and Welcome to Wessex
Dont worry about the open pvp, we will go around in large enough groups so that if someone does try to attack us only a organised zerg (oxymoron) would be able to defeat us!

Assuring to hear. I've never been much into PvP, but this might be my opportunity.

I have tried a WoW trial, but I liked Guild Wars better. It was more my style and I have played it the last one and a half year. I also saw you were playing Shadowbane. I have the game downloaded and an account, so I might give it a try, untill Darkfall comes out. If so, on which server are you playing?

Slash Redhand
05-29-2008, 09:09 AM

Assuring to hear. I've never been much into PvP, but this might be my opportunity.

I have tried a WoW trial, but I liked Guild Wars better. It was more my style and I have played it the last one and a half year. I also saw you were playing Shadowbane. I have the game downloaded and an account, so I might give it a try, untill Darkfall comes out. If so, on which server are you playing?

Saedron my friend. That's the server.

Komako the Hawk
05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I can't help it if my masculinity reflects in my signatures.

Slash Redhand
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Ye, you're right, you can't.

Thusard von Hellman
05-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Greetings Hasdagan and Welcome to Wessex , there is plenty u can do in Wessex other at pvp , hope u enjoy your stay.

Tewdric Veincrusher
05-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Thats ironic as i think the signiture you have now is quite feminine

Hasdagan
05-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Jade

By the way. The signatures was not the only nor the main attraction, but the first. :)

Robert Namo
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM

Welcome, I am probably the most active player in Shadowbane as of now, so when time comes, I will get you in the guild.
Whats your characters name?

Slash Redhand
05-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome, I am probably the most active player in Shadowbane as of now

O rly?

Robert Namo
05-29-2008, 08:40 PM
slash not a good place to show off how good you are at getting +1 post counts.

Slash Redhand
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM

Ok Ok sry I couldn't resist the temptation.:(

Miles Dei
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM

+1

Tewdric Veincrusher
05-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Yeah thats what this thread was made for.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2713

Slash Redhand
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah thats what this thread was made for.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2713

Ye you're right I forgot about it.

Hasdagan
05-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Welcome, I am probably the most active player in Shadowbane as of now, so when time comes, I will get you in the guild.
Whats your characters name?

It's Hastarl Ras'diath but I don't think I'll be playing much the next month with exams coming up :(.