PDA

View Full Version : Assize!

Erwin Carius
04-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Accused in this trial stands Darithos the Seaman, for the crimes of theft, harassment of a fellow guild member, and for conduct unbecoming of a Wessex member.

The following have been selected to attend as jury: Chrono, herald to the Duke of Wessex, Tewdric Mawrson, Footman of the Ducal Garrison, Synge, bowman of the Ducal Garrison, Tagrun, clerk of the Ducal Court, Cynric Oakheart, clerk of the Ducal Court, Elix Eviear, villein of Wessex.

The defendant has four days to either respond, or select a representative to respond in his place. If four days pass without reply, the defendant shall be banished from Wessex and marked as an outlaw.

Chrono Veincrusher
04-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm available for jury duty.

Tewdric Veincrusher
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
After reading the poster on the public noticeboards at the Town Gates, Tewdric Mawrson announces "I will be available for Jury Duty".

Einar Tyrssen
04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Should anyone fail to appear for jury duty and should the court deem it fit, I am willing to volunteer for jury duty.

Elix Eviear
04-22-2008, 12:24 AM
I, too, am available for jury duty.

Dreign Swift
04-22-2008, 02:04 AM
I would also make myself available, should someone not show.

Cynric Oakheart
04-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Im present now (was getting weird database errors yesterday when replying)

Darithos
04-23-2008, 03:32 AM
I will answer and defend myself.

Orishas Morgan
04-23-2008, 04:09 AM
The thief at this point has allowed me access to the beta site - andfI've changed the info back.

The main funcom site has the changed email still.

I'm not sure why there is 2 different places to login, but this basically means I once again have access- so this should be considered if someone is found guilty.

Tagrun Urit
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Reporting

*Sorry guys have been out for testing in the schools.

Erwin Carius
04-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Today we have gathered to pass judgement on the accused guild member, Darithos.

But let me first remind the jury that this is a court of blind justice, and as such you are all expected to judge only facts, disregarding any previous friendships or hostilities that may in any way sway your objectivity.

I will begin by presenting the evidence that has been shown to me:

The way the events have been presented -- one of our members, Orishas Morgan the reeve, decided to share his account for a certain game to all of the members of Wessex.

A noble act which, as it appears, was taken advantaged of by the defendant, whom as it's told stole the account for himself, changing the password and the email to that of his own.

Evidence
The e-mail used, as it turns out, can easily be linked to both the name, age, and state of the defendant, making it clear that, given the circumstances, we are talking about the same person here -- Darithos.

Timeline
This is a rough timeline of events, given to my by the victim.

Timeline:

A) I gave the info to Darithos 2 days ago. He was unable to login meaning he probably got the wrong password.

B) Yesterday I gave him the correct info. He messaged me and my RL friend who also used the account (and has been for several weeks) constantly (at a couple points only 20 minutes apart) asking if we would get off.

C) At 1am my time (earlier for him since he lives in Hawaii) I logged off and let him know he could use the account.

D) At 2:13 am I recieved an email saying my account info has been changed to a new email address: ........... I did not see this email until 11am but at that point when I tried to log in the password did not work. (I can forward this to you)

E) I googled ........ - found a few hits - profiles of this person had said they were 27 years old, and made posts on the warhammer gaming forum (Darithos just happens to be 27 according to his profile and is in warhammer beta)
Now that the evidence has been presented, I give the word over to the defence to give their rebuttal.

Erwin Carius
04-30-2008, 07:36 PM
The defendant is given two more days to respond, after which I will give judgement based on the currently available evidence.

Erwin Carius
05-03-2008, 11:17 AM
The defendant is hereby sentenced to outlawry and banishment from all cities of Wessex. Should he ever show himself on ducal territory, our laws will not protect him.

Cynric Oakheart
05-04-2008, 02:06 AM
*nods*

Einar Tyrssen
05-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I should hope that this is a lesson to all of you on passwords and security. Trust no-one.

Chrono Veincrusher
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I should hope that this is a lesson to all of you on passwords and security. Trust no-one.
You should by all means be able to thrust another Wessex member. Don't let one rotten egg destroy that.

Rhygar apGwynn
05-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I agree with that. I don't want to live in constant suspicion of others. Giving trust to someone and having it honored is a great feeling.

However, you can be aware of the fact that someone can abuse that trust.

Better that the environment exists where you can trust and WHEN (you'll notice I do not use the word IF :)) the bad apple violates it they are punished accordingly.

Elix Eviear
05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
You should by all means be able to thrust another Wessex member. Don't let one rotten egg destroy that.

While I do agree with this statement, I believe we should be a little more aware of who we are lending game accounts or whatever. Trial members still have yet to prove themselves, and even new members are still a little iffy. A lot of the newer members are getting accepted and then going inactive.

Tewdric Veincrusher
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe we should introduce a post-trail stage. Well after the person has been made a villien he goes into this post-trail stage. He will not know this, he will still be called a villien or a footman or whatever but after another month, if he hasnt been active he should get dropped to trail again. Well something like this.

edit: i said alot of "he" then but this still aplies for women. No sexism here!

Glacier Harmon
05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Maybe we should introduce a post-trail stage. Well after the person has been made a villien he goes into this post-trail stage. He will not know this, he will still be called a villien or a footman or whatever but after another month, if he hasnt been active he should get dropped to trail again. Well something like this.

edit: i said alot of "he" then but this still aplies for women. No sexism here!

What about for the people that read more than post? I'll probably be in that category... I usually post if it's funny or important. Other than that, I usually just read others posts.

Tewdric Veincrusher
05-04-2008, 09:56 PM
What about for the people that read more than post? I'll probably be in that category... I usually post if it's funny or important. Other than that, I usually just read others posts.

Go to their profile, see when they last logged in, if its more than a month ago..........well

Orishas Morgan
05-05-2008, 05:06 AM
For those shunning me for sharing a beta account.... pffft.

I got to keep the account due to their being 2 sites to log in at, and he went to the wrong one (the normal site and not the beta site). I changed it in time, so no loss.

If I *didn't* get to keep the account, I'd gladly trade a beta (temporary) account to expose a clan members poor character, anyway.

Aethelric Brandt
05-05-2008, 06:47 AM
No post-trial status or anything of the sort. It's unfair to expect most people to be all that active (much less consistently so) to the point that their full Duchy membership is in jeopardy of being reverted to the state of a complete newb.

Rhygar apGwynn
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Doesn't a yeoman and/or footman/archer lose their status if they are inactive for a long time and revert back to villein?

Leathlord
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Doesn't a yeoman and/or footman/archer lose their status if they are inactive for a long time and revert back to villein?

No I don't think so there was a rule for mandatory 2 drills for military but that sort of disappeared when Shadowbane was free and an official game.

Thradok Odai
05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I wish there was some way to track when people are on. It is possible to see when they were last on, but what if they haven't been on for two months prior, and got lucky no one checked? I read the forums plenty, but I haven't posted much. Is this considered inactive? Also, I got the membership email the same day that trial members were promoted to villein, which didn't give me enough time to be active and get accepted. :rolleyes: Thats just bad timing on my part though :p

Chrono Veincrusher
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
As long as you login to read some threads, post now and then it's all good. Another thing to remain active would be to join us on Ventrilo/IRC and perhaps play a game with us. It's all to build a strong community and teamwork for once we hit Darkfall.

But there ain't exactly a punishment for those who's inactive atm.

Orishas Morgan
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
From einar's posts it seems he *really* doesnt want us to trust him ;-).

Einar Tyrssen
05-06-2008, 03:38 AM

I don't trust anyone here except you and a few others. Nobody here has given me reason to trust them so I simply am not willing to extend that part of my diminished, blackened soul.
For those shunning me for sharing a beta account.... pffft.

If I had anything to do with that, I'm sorry. I don't think you should be shunned for a mistake like that, your trust was taken advantage of. I suppose it would be like shunning a rape victim, but not everyone is as rational (insane) as I am so they don't draw that comparison.
From einar's posts it seems he *really* doesnt want us to trust him ;-).

I'm trustworthy up until you ruin that. Then I'm down-right cruel.

Robert Namo
05-06-2008, 05:11 AM
I can tell everyone right now that I am very trustworthy, I never think of doing something bad to other people and I try to do my best to be good. But I sometimes also have hard times trusting people and its hard because you want to know you can trust them but you think you can't.

Rhygar apGwynn
05-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Trust can only be built up over time. This is especially true for this sort of internet association.

I just joined the Duchy and therefore I can not expect that anyone just suddenly "trusts" me. It will take a long period of involvement for people to have even the slightest idea of the type of person you are.

It helps of course if there is some sort of conflict situation (or situation in which you help someone) whereby people can judge you on your actions.

Orishas Morgan
05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Such as a prime oppurtunity to steal a beta account :)

I think the account served its purpose.