PDA

View Full Version : Out of the frozen north

Eirik Harkonen
04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
[This is an application to join the the Kingdom of Sleggjaholl.]

Hail to thee, Einar Tyrssen, famed ruler of Sleggjaholl:

I, Eir?k H?rk?nen, am a humble karl seeking a valiant chieftain to whom I may pledge my blade.

I have crossed frozen rivers, ice-blue glaciers and snow-laden meadows in my harrowing trek from Niflheim to the Agon mainland. As I drew nigh unto this land, all tongues proclaimed the glory of the kingdom of Sleggjaholl, illustrious ally of Wessex. I was told it was a realm in which an honorable and ardent warrior might seek his fortune; hence, I journeyed hither to proffer my allegiance.

Permit me to give homage to you and to march under your banner among the ranks of your northern warriors. If my allegiance is accepted, I will swear by my sword-hilt that I shall serve you faithfully and, as needed, shed my blood in your defense.

OOC:

Hello,

My name is Eric and I am a 26 year old male from the western United States of America. I have been interested in Darkfall for some time and have been searching for a clan/guild to join.

The reason I wish to join the Kingdom of Sleggjaholl is its Norsemen theme. As a teen I read The Orkneyinga Saga and, since that time, I have always wished to role-play as a Viking. Fortuitously, Darkfall seems to be one of the few MMOs in which a player may board a ship, sail along the coast, and attack a region. As such, joining a Viking-esque clan for this game seems quite fitting.

In terms of my gaming experience, I have played Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, World War II Online, Shadowbane (briefly), EverQuest 2 and Dark Age of Camelot. I would describe myself as a casual role-player who greatly prefers PvP to PvE; hence, my interest in Darkfall.

Regarding my gaming schedule, I am a university student and, in between classes, have a great deal of spare time on my hands. I plan to devote 4-5 hours a night to playing Darkfall.

On a side note, I have several friends who might also be interested in joining the Kingdom of Sleggjaholl, albeit at a later date.

Eir?k H?rk?nen

Chrono Veincrusher
04-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Greetings Eir?k!
Glad to see another Viking showing up!
Where do you see yourself in Darkfall, class/race wise?

Eirik Harkonen
04-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Greetings Eir?k! Glad to see another Viking showing up!
Thanks. :)

Where do you see yourself in Darkfall, class/race wise?
Hmm. In terms of race, I will definitely pick Human for my character, and role-play him as a Niflheimer.

In most MMOs, I tend to prefer melee over magic; hence, I will likely be "a swordsman," per se, and practice/use/increase my melee skills as much as possible. If I do choose a Prestige Class, it will likely be Gladiator. Again, melee oriented. At a later point in the game, I believe I may choose Smithing and/or Weapon Crafting for my trade skills.

In terms of my personal aspirations, I seek only to be a nominal guild member.

Salamo Creighton
04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome to Duchy. :)

Finnigan
04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Welcome viking friend. I look forward to seeing you among our taverns!

Vec Peregrinus
04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello Thar and welcome to Wessex Niflheimer! You have traveled far from the north and must be tired. Come, sit and have a pint of ale!

Einar Tyrssen
04-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Heil, Nor?mann!

I accept your pledge, and honor your journey with drink and food. Though you shall be but a thrall to begin with, it is well known that I treat my thralls well should they serve me the same. Should you prove worthy, expect to rise among us, and shine like a star to the north, shining bright in the trail of the valkyries as they ride across the night sky.

I believe I speak for all of us when I say, welcome, brother, and well-met. :)

OOC-wise;

That's awesome that you have some friends willing to join. Uh, I don't want to take up any time than you're willing to give, so I'm sure once we get settled in Darkfall I'll find some spots open that work well with your schedule. Basically, we have pockets of IRL friends, this guild was started that way. Oddvar, Henning and Bergir all know eachother in real life, and Hyu might be bringing a few. Thanks for joining, though, nice to see our efforts paid off. :P

Eirik Harkonen
04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Hello Thar and welcome to Wessex Niflheimer! You have traveled far from the north and must be tired. Come, sit and have a pint of ale!
I thank ye, good sir, although my northern palate prefers mead to ale! ;)

Basically, we have pockets of IRL friends, this guild was started that way. Oddvar, Henning and Bergir all know eachother in real life, and Hyu might be bringing a few. Thanks for joining, though, nice to see our efforts paid off. :P
Thank you, Einar. :)

I am glad to learn that Sleggjaholl has a group of friends at its core. This seems to greatly stabilize most clans/guilds and increase their longevity. I hope my addition to your clan will be beneficial to the collective.

Einar Tyrssen
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I thank ye, good sir, although my northern palate prefers mead to ale! ;)

I hear that. :D

Thank you, Einar. :)

I am glad to learn that Sleggjaholl has a group of friends at its core. This seems to greatly stabilize most clans/guilds and increase their longevity. I hope my addition to your clan will be beneficial to the collective.

Welcome. Yeah, we operate pretty well, the original core gained some additions when I started talking to old highschool friends who played UO.

Salamo Creighton
04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Im a normann in real life.

Einar Tyrssen
04-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Why, yes you are. I am too if you just isolate parts of my heritage. In fact, I'm mostly Swedish.

Eirik Harkonen
04-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Genetically, I'm a mutt. ;)

Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, etc.