PDA

View Full Version : The Cloaked Figure

Laztor of the Whitewoods
04-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Footsteps. There was no patrol scheduled to relieve the guard at this time. His eyes scanned the walls of Wessex for movement. Yes, better to light the signal fire. He began lowering the torch, his sword arm poised protectively--

"I wouldn't do that..." the voice said, seemingly from nowhere at all. Then, the guard felt a slight prick on the back of his neck. "You only heard me because I wanted your attention."

"Why not come forthright?" asked the guard.

"How many arrows do you think it takes to kill a man?"

"Fair point," the guard said, taking a deep breath, beads of sweat dripping from the hand holding the torch. "So, something of an impasse, eh?"

"Indeed, go straight to your Duke and alert him of my presence."

"Who are you? What is your intent?" the guard asked out of duty to protect his duke.

"I am Laztor of the Whitewoods. I have walked the worlds of Aerynth, Dalgoth, Voringa and many others. Forever I am shrouded in shadow doing the deeds that must be done with steel, magic, and stealth. Many have died by my hand, and the world will see a great many more dead if peace and order is to be restored."

"And your intent? I must tell my liege something."

"Tell him two words."

"Yes?"

"For Elba!"

-----------------------
I have come to join your forces in Shadowbane, for how long I am uncertain. I would be pleased with a trial membership.

-Laztor

Manus Dei
04-08-2008, 04:40 AM
For Elba.

Here's a fortuitous outcome of a chance encounter, because we could use the help from an experienced SB vet like yourself.

What race and class combo have you got? Send anyone a tell in game and we'll invite you to bind at Wincaster.

If you're with NAU, there's no need for a trial membership of Wessex- we'll all be together in Shadowbane anyway. But I will give you all the forums access anyway.

Laztor of the Whitewoods
04-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I have an aelfborn thief, level 60ish, name is Laztir Whitewood. I'll contact someone in game tonight.