PDA

View Full Version : Cheer's all from New Recruit

Seraphim Saladri
04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Greetings and salutations, friends, countrymen. Lend me your ears. I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for accepting me into the ranks of his esteemed lord. I look forward to many sevenday with you all exploring the new undiscovered world of Agon.

OOC: Soooo, hey all. Was just kidding about the countryman part. I am actually Australian, which is just a stones throw over a very very very large pond when u think about it though, well ok maybe a bit further. Any others out there from the wonderful land of OZ?

In All seriousness, i am 20, a student of the historical and dramatical arts. (history/drama major, lol). I have been gaming since, well, i don't remember it was that long ago, somewhere in the vicinity of age six or seven (MUD's ftw). I'm not going to bother going into detail of all my gaming history cos I'm sure once i buy a new headset and start chatting with you all then u'l find out soon enough (Dam dog ate my other one). Anyway, i am looking forward to geting to know the other members of the esteemed Duchy of Wessex.

Catcha's soon.

Tewdric Veincrusher
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Welcome Seraphim,

Hope you enjoy being part of the wonderous clan that is the Duchy of Wessex.

Just a quick question. What race and class do you want to be. Do you wanna craft aswell.

Tewdric

Seraphim Saladri
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
At the present i am intending on being a human. I will probably end up going through the soldier tree however, the challenge of becoming a knight, crusading valiantly under the name of his honorable and majestic lord sounds like something i believe i can take on and acomplish. I plan on posting a full character profile soon.

Chrono Veincrusher
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Wessex, Seraphim!
Nice to see another one from Australia showing up, we have a couple of players from there i think.

Where do you see yourself in Darkfall?

Seraphim Saladri
04-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Good to see I'm not the only Aussie here, hehe.

Hmm, thats a really good question Chrono, well, what can i say. Where do i see myself in Darkfall. Well i have always liked to think myself somewhat of a strategist. As a History major i have often made military strategy the focus of my studies. I like to think that i use this knowledge to my advantage in-game. While many of the games i have played have lacked the combat depth that Darkfall contains I have been charged in many of my gaming ventures with the position i suppose you could call "Raid leader". I would like to see myself eventually advancing through the ranks to become a knight, or perhaps even further (this is obviously rather ambitious but i take my gaming seriously). I would eventually like to have a position that involves me in the planing and execution of siege's, defense strategies and open pitch battle's. Some of the most simple tactics can be the most effective. The Pike Square for example, invented by the swiss was perhaps one of the most formidable opponents to cavalry and infantry advances. This is jsut a rather simple example and i can go into further detail for anyone who wants to know how it works. Essentially it was a rolling Porcupine defended on all sides with a contingent of archers and eventialy Arquebusiers in the middle. I have countless other strategies that were used successfully in warfare throughout history and would be rather happy to discuss them with anyone who wants to know something about the noble art of warfare. I have also created many of my own strategies using simulation's and strategy games based on traditional principles. One of the most successful tactics in history was that adopted by the great general, Hanibal Barker. His strategies allowed him to decimate much of the roman empire with a insignificant number of troops, its all about using terain to yor advantage and through the implementation of a "funnel" design that was so simple yet so effective. Essentially it gave the opposition the idea that your forces were retreating and as your front line withdrew, pulling the enemy with it your forces would wrap around the side and in doing so box the enemy in on three sides. Then a unit of cavalry would rear them. Completely boxing in the army and compacting them into such a small area it becomes almost impossible for them to fight, then it was only a matter of time.

Thats enough rambling for the moment i think though, hopefully i have answered your question and then some. Anyone who wants further details please pm me.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Slash Redhand
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey there and welcome to Wessex:gds::gds:

Robert Namo
04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Welcome to Wessex. my name says 1234ninja but it will soon be changed to Robert Namo

Chrono Veincrusher
04-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard both of you.
Nice name, Robert.

Seraphim Saladri
04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Thank you again for the most joyous welcome. I look forward to joining you in game as soon as possible.

Ehaile Ancalimae
04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Greetings Seraphim, and welcome to the Duchy! Always good to have another shield to the family =)