PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newcomer!

Tristran Swiftwind
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone!

Just posted my application today and thought id come and introduce myself on the forums!

First abit about me, my names kyle and im from england - still in education and juggling a job while studying and playing MMO's
My first MMO was UO, introduced to me by my dad, i then went onto play runescape for abit, but quickly changed to SWG once id played on it abit! Started my own city and was a very well known sith lord on the server with my dad, however the CU came and we left. Went onto EQII and Vanguard for abit but with both games just "lacking" what we were looking for we tried the much hyped up WoW, still playing wow currently but with the RP lacking we are playing on and off Lotro.

Heard about darkfall awhile back and being a ex-SWG player i cant wait for it to come out! So decided to try and get into a very good/active/structured guild and thats when i found your post on the forums! Hopefully when i join will be playing a human, however im always keen to abit of dwarf RP!
Class wise iv yet to decide but im looking forward to trying the ranger and some melee classes!

Anyway that about me summed up in a nutshell, if you want to contact me add tkc_fluffy@hotmail.com to msn and we can have a chat etc.
However iv got one question - on your drills video is that a real game or did someone from this guild program it? If so thats a very very nice little drill game you got!

Thanks
/tristran

Slash Redhand
03-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey there, Welcome to the Duchy!
Hope you get your membership granted:)

Dreign Swift
03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Greetings, Tristran, welcome to the forums. So glad you found us, you sound like you'll be a great asset to us, and we look forward to getting to know you.

As far as your question, no, we didn't develop that game, we just use it for our drills because it fits the mold :p. The game is called Rune: Halls Of Valhalla. I'd post a link to an info thread about it, but you wouldn't be able to see it yet anyway.

Nice to meet you :)

Tewdric Veincrusher
03-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Welcome. Another English man. HOORAH!

I would choose human if i was you. We dont wanna see to many dwarfies running around do we?

What type of person you planning to be? Soldier/Ranger/Crafter

Tristran Swiftwind
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
No idea what im thinking about, either soldier or ranger me thinks! ABout the dwarves... still toying with the idea, however could not be a crafter... thats my dads side of MMO's

/tristran

Dreign Swift
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
No idea what im thinking about, either soldier or ranger me thinks! ABout the dwarves... still toying with the idea, however could not be a crafter... thats my dads side of MMO's

/tristran

Oh yes, I had meant to ask you, will your dad be joining us as well? You guys sound like you make a great team, and it's always good to gain folks who work together well already.

Tristran Swiftwind
03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Yip he sure will, his main aim is to craft the coolest looking and most 1-shotting sword you have set eyes upon!

Apart from that he will settle for a armor smith, he will likely do very little combat he says he dosnt like it, however id say its his reactions getting slower :P
But you can bet he will do crafting! Its all he does! In swg i believe its all he was.. Master Architect (which for you swg players know was hard to get) + many others.
And yes i believe he will write his app tonight, after we have had some pie!

Dreign Swift
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Yip he sure will, his main aim is to craft the coolest looking and most 1-shotting sword you have set eyes upon!

Apart from that he will settle for a armor smith, he will likely do very little combat he says he dosnt like it, however id say its his reactions getting slower :P
But you can bet he will do crafting! Its all he does! In swg i believe its all he was.. Master Architect (which for you swg players know was hard to get) + many others.
And yes i believe he will write his app tonight, after we have had some pie!

Haha, sounds awesome. If he is indeed slowing in the reflexes department, DF should prove to be even more of a challenge.. :p. Yes, I am aware of how hard Master Architect was to attain. Glad to have someone of his accomplishment interested in the clan.

Tristran Swiftwind
03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
You played SWG?! Hooray! Another ex-SWG player!

Barden Jusik
03-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Welcome! I an an ex-SWG member as well. I stayed through the CU but the NGE was just too much for me to handle. I hate it when devs ruin a good thing like that.

Orishas Morgan
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
A big welcome to you and your Dad then.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Welcome aboard!