Thorn Ravelyr
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Well-wishes and greetings to all,
My name is Thorn Ravelyr, recently traveled to this fair Duchy and it’s community of upstanding and good-natured people. I am pleased to meet all of your acquaintances *bows*
((Pretty much OOC from here on.))
G’day, I’m Matt from Melbourne, Australia. 19years of age and in my second-year of a university degree, juggling the studies with work and of course the MMORPG gameplay.
Previous gaming experience includes avid late-night sessions of Nox from Westwood many a year ago, roleplaying and persistent world action from Neverwinter Nights, playerkilling and skilling from Runescape as a combat 123 (before they aided the noobs with PestControl and other pathetic leveling tools), some random GuildWars ownage for 3months, and of course the World of Warcraft level 70 duelist/gladiator Warrior.
I’ve an insatiable lust for playing medieval warfare games, and the most recent highpoint of this has been the purchase of a game named “Mount&Blade”. I read somewhere from a developers notes of DF that the combat mechanics of that particular game would be somewhat similar to that of Darkfall, so I ventured into it and have loved every bit of the game. Feel free to download the trial and also be encaptured with it’s awesome bliss.
The wait for Darkfall beta and release to come upon us all is taking it’s toll upon me, and I’ve found myself making preparation and organization as to how I’ll be playing the game!
This led to my discovery of the Duchy of Wessex, and my reading and studying of your community. What I found interests me greatly, and I now find myself writing this here introduction to better meet all of the members of your society.
Looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing many a tale!
Thorn Ravelyr
(PS. Just a question. I received an email from Aethelric confirming that my application was on the go-ahead and named me a 'Villein' of the Duchy. Do I immediately receive this title, or do I still remain a trial member for the next week or so until I prove myself worthy of such a placing? Just asking to clarify whether I should request access to the forums now or in the future.)
My name is Thorn Ravelyr, recently traveled to this fair Duchy and it’s community of upstanding and good-natured people. I am pleased to meet all of your acquaintances *bows*
((Pretty much OOC from here on.))
G’day, I’m Matt from Melbourne, Australia. 19years of age and in my second-year of a university degree, juggling the studies with work and of course the MMORPG gameplay.
Previous gaming experience includes avid late-night sessions of Nox from Westwood many a year ago, roleplaying and persistent world action from Neverwinter Nights, playerkilling and skilling from Runescape as a combat 123 (before they aided the noobs with PestControl and other pathetic leveling tools), some random GuildWars ownage for 3months, and of course the World of Warcraft level 70 duelist/gladiator Warrior.
I’ve an insatiable lust for playing medieval warfare games, and the most recent highpoint of this has been the purchase of a game named “Mount&Blade”. I read somewhere from a developers notes of DF that the combat mechanics of that particular game would be somewhat similar to that of Darkfall, so I ventured into it and have loved every bit of the game. Feel free to download the trial and also be encaptured with it’s awesome bliss.
The wait for Darkfall beta and release to come upon us all is taking it’s toll upon me, and I’ve found myself making preparation and organization as to how I’ll be playing the game!
This led to my discovery of the Duchy of Wessex, and my reading and studying of your community. What I found interests me greatly, and I now find myself writing this here introduction to better meet all of the members of your society.
Looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing many a tale!
Thorn Ravelyr
(PS. Just a question. I received an email from Aethelric confirming that my application was on the go-ahead and named me a 'Villein' of the Duchy. Do I immediately receive this title, or do I still remain a trial member for the next week or so until I prove myself worthy of such a placing? Just asking to clarify whether I should request access to the forums now or in the future.)