PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Thorn Ravelyr
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Well-wishes and greetings to all,

My name is Thorn Ravelyr, recently traveled to this fair Duchy and it’s community of upstanding and good-natured people. I am pleased to meet all of your acquaintances *bows*

((Pretty much OOC from here on.))

G’day, I’m Matt from Melbourne, Australia. 19years of age and in my second-year of a university degree, juggling the studies with work and of course the MMORPG gameplay.

Previous gaming experience includes avid late-night sessions of Nox from Westwood many a year ago, roleplaying and persistent world action from Neverwinter Nights, playerkilling and skilling from Runescape as a combat 123 (before they aided the noobs with PestControl and other pathetic leveling tools), some random GuildWars ownage for 3months, and of course the World of Warcraft level 70 duelist/gladiator Warrior.

I’ve an insatiable lust for playing medieval warfare games, and the most recent highpoint of this has been the purchase of a game named “Mount&Blade”. I read somewhere from a developers notes of DF that the combat mechanics of that particular game would be somewhat similar to that of Darkfall, so I ventured into it and have loved every bit of the game. Feel free to download the trial and also be encaptured with it’s awesome bliss.

The wait for Darkfall beta and release to come upon us all is taking it’s toll upon me, and I’ve found myself making preparation and organization as to how I’ll be playing the game!
This led to my discovery of the Duchy of Wessex, and my reading and studying of your community. What I found interests me greatly, and I now find myself writing this here introduction to better meet all of the members of your society.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing many a tale!

Thorn Ravelyr

(PS. Just a question. I received an email from Aethelric confirming that my application was on the go-ahead and named me a 'Villein' of the Duchy. Do I immediately receive this title, or do I still remain a trial member for the next week or so until I prove myself worthy of such a placing? Just asking to clarify whether I should request access to the forums now or in the future.)

Finnigan
03-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Well met, Thorn. It is a pleasure to finally see you make your entrance. I look forward to seeing you around on our forums and irc.

If you have any questions, feel free to direct them towards me, or any other, and i'm sure that we would love to assist in whatever ways that we could.

Make yourself at home, and goodluck.

Komako the Hawk
03-14-2008, 05:07 AM
(Do I immediately receive this title, or do I still remain a trial member for the next week or so until I prove myself worthy of such a placing?)
Both trial members and villeins have access to the forums, so it doesn't really matter. You just need a usergroup change from "Esteemed Guest."

/me hurls pokeball with Mister Coronach inside

Sayton Reinhardt
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Cool, an ex-runescaper. What was your nick there and where you in any clan?

Tewdric Veincrusher
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome to Wessex. I hope that you are welcomed warmly. If there is anything i could help you with, please just ask!

Erwin Carius
03-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Welcome, Thorn!

How nice to have an experienced player such as yourself among us; few can brag with gaming accomplishments like yours.

Thorn Ravelyr
03-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Thankyou very much to all the replies, and for your warm welcomes Finnigan, Koma, Sayton, Tewdric and Thyreus!

Cool, an ex-runescaper. What was your nick there and where you in any clan?

Haha, yes I did play Runescape for a fair while, my nick on there was Thornmisfor. The first clan I joined went by the name of "The Moriquendi" and was a fairly small one at the time, yet then I joined DS "Dark Slayers" at combat 110, trained to 123, and spent just over a year destroying the wilderness with them *winks*

Welcome, Thorn!

How nice to have an experienced player such as yourself among us; few can brag with gaming accomplishments like yours.

You flatter me sir, i'm sure all here are equals if not betters of my skills!

Well met, Thorn. It is a pleasure to finally see you make your entrance. I look forward to seeing you around on our forums and irc.

If you have any questions, feel free to direct them towards me, or any other, and i'm sure that we would love to assist in whatever ways that we could.

Make yourself at home, and goodluck.

Shall do, Mr Finnigan.

Dreign Swift
03-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Greetings, Thorn, welcome to the forums. Glad you put a lot of stuff in your intro post, it makes the task of getting to know you easier :p.

What race were you planning on being? How long have you been following Darkfall?

Thorn Ravelyr
03-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Greetings, Thorn, welcome to the forums. Glad you put a lot of stuff in your intro post, it makes the task of getting to know you easier :p.

What race were you planning on being? How long have you been following Darkfall?

I've been following the trend of drooling after Darkfall for about the past year, Dreign, and it's been a bore to have to play all these other games waiting for it to come out! As for my ingame character, i'm most likely going to be making a human.

Orishas Morgan
03-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the Duchy!

Teetrid Beamfist
03-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Welcome, welcome!

Einar Tyrssen
03-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Welcome, and congrats on getting to the trial membership.

Slash Redhand
03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Welcome to Wessex, Well done with your membership:gds::gds:

Sayton Reinhardt
03-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Haha, yes I did play Runescape for a fair while, my nick on there was Thornmisfor. The first clan I joined went by the name of "The Moriquendi" and was a fairly small one at the time, yet then I joined DS "Dark Slayers" at combat 110, trained to 123, and spent just over a year destroying the wilderness with them *winks*

Ah, then I don't think I've ever seen or fought you. I was in Exercitum as "Orangutangen" for a brief time before WoW was released.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Hello there and welcome!