PDA

View Full Version : RESCINDED - Fealty Agreement of Cicatrices Bellorum

Nihilum
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Charter of Homage and Fealty, on behalf of Sir Ril Slater and Cicatrices Bellorum:

In the name of Auros, I, Ril Slater, known as the Cicatrix Nihilum, in the presence of my companions, swear that I will be faithful to the Duke of Wessex with regard to his life and the members of his body, without deception. Cicatrices Bellorum has accepted the invitation to assist Duke Manus of Wessex in his endeavor to create a unified conglomerate of rulers, and all members in Cicatrices Bellorum are expected to treat him, his followers and his allies not only as close friends, but as if they are the flesh and blood of the Cicatrices. In times of war Cicatrices Bellorum shall recognize as foe all those whom the Duke of Wessex has declared as foe, and can be fully relied upon to supply as many able-bodied troops as possible; those soldiers can further be relied upon to never back away from any engagement, regardless of odds. In matters of alliances, any allies and friends made on behalf of the Duke of Wessex shall also be honored as friends and allies of the Cicatrices Bellorum. In matters of trade, all tradesmen recognized by the Duke of Wessex shall in turn be recognized and protected by the Cicatrices Bellorum. If at any point the safety of any territory within the domain of the Duke of Wessex becomes compromised or is lost in its entirety, Cicatrices Bellorum vows not to rest until the land is reclaimed and returned to the hands of its rightful owner. In exchange for this cooperation, Cicatrices Bellorum asks for only one luxury: to be the first on the field of war and the last off the field of war. This is not simple arrogance or impatience, but has come to represent the embodiment of Cicatrices Bellorum beliefs and standards.

The Duke of Wessex has given into the care of the Cicatrices Bellorum a fief of land, which has been named the "Thanedom of Sancta"; in exchange for this honor the Cicatrices have agreed to protect Sancta to the utmost of their abilities, as well as supply the Duke of Wessex with frequent gatherings of resources. Every member within Cicatrices Bellorum, from leader to peasantry, will work together joyfully and in unison to tend that land as often as is possible, and thusly will provide the Duke of Wessex with all of the resources expected of them. Furthermore, the Cicatrices Bellorum intends to train each of those workers fully as warriors, whether they march to war or remain to defend their homestead.

This agreement has been accepted by the Cicatrices Bellorum as an extended charter with an indefinite time limit, the terms and agreements were negotiated by Nihilum and Severitas, after which the agreement in full was accepted and ratified by Nihilum, Severitas, Exuro and Eradico. The three-fourth quota of Cicatrix votes was fulfilled and the agreement stands. Those holding the title Cicatrix, both former and future, acknowledge the terms written herein and must uphold them to the best of their abilities. If at any time the Duke of Wessex wishes to release Cicatrices Bellorum from their management he need only notify a living and active Cicatrix and outline the terms of dismissal. If at any time the Cicatrices Bellorum wishes to leave the management of the Duke of Wessex it will require no less than four votes from living and active Cicatrices (note that in this context, Cicatrices is used to represent the rank Cicatrix), at which point those Cicatrices will contact an official of the Duke of Wessex to negotiate terms of dismissal. As noted, should the Cicatrices opt to bring this charter to a premature end, the territory of Sancta and all further territories awarded in benefice subsequent to this vow of homage and fealty shall revert to Manus Dei in escheat.

Our resounding vow, which all members of Cicatrices Bellorum are honor-bound to uphold: So long as a Cicatrix remains standing, no battle will be lost.

Signed,

-Nihilum, Cicatrix of the Cicatrices Bellorum
-Severitas, Cicatrix of the Cicatrices Bellorum
-Exuro, Cicatrix of the Cicatrices Bellorum
-Eradico, Cicatrix of the Cicatrices Bellorum

By the Lord before whom this Cathedral is holy, I will be to Duke Manus Dei faithful and true, and love all that he loves, and shun all that he shuns, according to God's law, and according to the world's principles, and never, by will nor by force, by word nor by work, do ought of what is loathful to him; on condition that he keep me as I am willing to deserve, and all that fulfil that our agreement was, when I to him submitted.

Nihilum bows humbly and places his hands in the hands of Duke Manus Dei, stating calmly and clearly, "I become your liege man from this point forward."

Manus Dei
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Manus, by the grace of God, king of Hyperion, duke palatine of Wessex, count of Elba. Be it known to all men, present and future, that we have received the distinguished Sir Ril Slater who is known as the Cicatrix Nihilum, as our liege man, against every creature, living or dead, for all the lands which he shall hold from us, which have been termed Sancta and which lie on the coast of Wessex. Sir Ril Slater has sworn to us on a warrior's honor, and by the Lord Auros and his Saint Germaine that he will aid us in good faith, as his liege lord, against every creature, living or dead; and together with him his companion Cicatrices, Exuro, esquire, Eradico, esquire, and Severitas, esquire shall support him. If Sir Nihilum fails in his duty to us, he shall yield back this fief of Sancta which we have given him, but otherwise, he shall use it and expand it, taking benefit in all augmentation of that fief we have granted. We have sworn with our own hand that we will aid Sir Nihilum against every creature, living or dead. Henceforth do we accept the Cicatrices Bellorum as our liege men in full.

Given by our own hand,
Manus Rex
Duke Palatine of Wessex

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2797/sealwessexms3.png