View Full Version : Salutations Wessex

Honorius Dioctus
03-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Hello I am Honorius Mayor of the Republic of The Silver Sun. I have been meaning to introduce myself for some time, and I thought it was necessary to introduce myself now seeing as how I was suddenly given a title :D. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Darkfall, and equally eager to working with Wessex.

If you have any questions for me I will be more than glad to answer them.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Hello there Honorius.
A a Mayor, What kind of tasks do you handle?

Honorius Dioctus
03-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Mayor - Provides organizational administration of urban affairs, zoning, and development of cities. They are assigned to a lord's city as the beauracratic official to conduct daily operations and management. Oversight of the Ministry of Commerce in that region is entrusted to a Mayor. Those extended additional honors may be granted the title of Lord Mayor.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Ah. Anyway, feel free to hang around here in Wessex.
It's always nice to see RSS people around here.

Manus Dei
03-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Honorius, you're the mayor of Soacio. But it is high time you posted. Welcome to the Wessex forums.

Finnigan
03-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Well met, Honorius! It is good to see you finally posting here. I look forward to the opportunity to become better aquainted.

Aiden Morild
03-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Welcome

Slash Redhand
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
hey there welcome to the forums

Dreign Swift
03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Indeed, welcome to the forums. We look forward to hanging out with you RSS guys more and more as DF approaches. :)

Honorius Dioctus
03-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Honorius, you're the mayor of Soacio. But it is high time you posted. Welcome to the Wessex forums.

If it is what is on my sig that you are referring too, Requesta was told by either Brando or Koma that it was Aquileia. I honestly don't know. :)

And thank you all so much for the warm welcomes.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Brando is nowadays Doge of Aquileia.
Not sure why he changed.

Bernardo dei Medici
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Alright, brace for impact on this one.

Aquilea is the name of our lands, Soacio is the name of our capital city, so Honorius is the Mayor of Soacio. Its been forwarded to Requesta to be fixed.

I think when my title was changed here, it somewhat confused a few folks understandably.

Dreign Swift
03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm interested to know, do we have any potential names for our capital city thought out? I'm assuming Wessex won't be used, as that is the name of our nation (correct me if I'm wrong). Or are we not planning to name it?

Tewdric Veincrusher
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm interested to know, do we have any potential names for our capital city thought out? I'm assuming Wessex won't be used, as that is the name of our nation (correct me if I'm wrong). Or are we not planning to name it?

Well...Wilton was the capital of Wessex apparently according to this:

http://www.wellho.net/share/wilton.html

But i think we could come up with a better name in my opinion. It also depends if the Duke wants to have a historic name or a fictisious name. If its the former i would not mind doing some research to find some appropriate names.

Bernardo dei Medici
03-11-2008, 08:20 AM
According to the map I put together for the Soacio community site, the capital of Wessex is Win-caster under direction from the Duke.

Not sure where its listed, but any young, motivated villein may be able to dig it up.

Dreign Swift
03-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Ah, yes, I did find one single reference to a "Win-caster" in our forums. His Grace clearly claims it as the name of our capital. Thanks, Your Grace.

Finnigan
03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow. I did not know this. Something learned every day! ^^