PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer saying hello!

Irythil Calderian
03-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Firstly I'd like to say hello to all members of the Duchy as I have submitted my application and hope to join you soon.

I stumbled upon the Darkfall site around 4 months ago while searching for a game that could possibly live up to the promises that others have failed to meet..and it seems like I've found it!!

I started off with the PnP DND, playing Wizardry, Ultima, Baldurs Gate, etc...with online game experience playing DDO, EQ, SB, WOW and dare I say Vanguard. My playstyle is more of a fighter/mage hybrid (more fighter though), falling in line with Elric, the Bladesingers of FR, etc...but the games today make it difficult to build a character the way you want. My favorite so far woul have to be the mage/Assassin or Crusader in SB.

I think Darkfall in general, and the Duchy specifically offer an excellent opportunity to explore online gaming the way it was meant to be experienced and can only hope to join you all in-game!

Chrono Veincrusher
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard, Irithyl.
What race will you be playing?

Irythil Calderian
03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Chrono!

More than likely Mirdain, but Human is a possibility. Yourself?

Chrono Veincrusher
03-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Dwarf of course. ;)

Slash Redhand
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
hey there, welcome to the duchy;)

Vec Peregrinus
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello thar and welcome to Wessex Irithyl! Always nice to have more elves join :D

Aiden Morild
03-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Welcome to Wessex

Oakk Haddock
03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
My favorite so far would have to be the mage/Assassin or Crusader in SB.

GRWAR!!!

Deran Malath
03-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Chrono!

More than likely Mirdain, but Human is a possibility. Yourself?

Humans are encouraged, as Wessex is afterall human guild based in Mercia that accepts also some dwarves and mirdain.

Oh, and Welcome to Wessex :)

Irythil Calderian
03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Humans are encouraged, as Wessex is afterall human guild based in Mercia that accepts also some dwarves and mirdain.

Oh, and Welcome to Wessex :)

Human is a real possibility......but for some reason I'm thinking of a displaced, overly handsome elf that decided a life among the humans of Mercia would be his path to adventure, glory and fame.

Finnigan
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Hehe, you could find a human member to "adopt" you to help you out a bit. :D Hail and welcome. Hope to see you on the irc.

Out of the list of mmos, I see WoW and SB, even DDO. Did you just completely ignore DAoC? :)

Dreign Swift
03-07-2008, 03:36 AM
We need Mirdain and Dwarves just as much as we need Humans, Irithyl, don't let them dissuade you. Currently, Humans make up more than 4/6th of the population, Mirdain and Dwarves, less than 1/6th each. Without the awesome power of Mirdain and Dwarven specialties, the "H/M/D" alliance is nothing.

Feel free to join us Mirdain (I happen to be a half-breed, father was a Human).

(Regardless, welcome to the forums, stranger)

Komako the Hawk
03-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Pick human.

Irythil Calderian
03-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hehe, you could find a human member to "adopt" you to help you out a bit. :D Hail and welcome. Hope to see you on the irc.

Out of the list of mmos, I see WoW and SB, even DDO. Did you just completely ignore DAoC? :)

OL...thanks Fin!

For some reason I didn't view DAoC "DnD" enough for me :confused: if that makes any sense, so i never really gave it a shot. DDO got old very quick, WOW was a last ditch attempt to keep my sanity (not great for me, but I cant really complain).

I liked SB, I was just sad because I felt the game could've/should've been so much more

So here I am awaiting Darkfall, petitioning to ply blade and magic in defense of the place I'd like to call home.

Finnigan
03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
hehe, so chances of seeing you hop into EvE to play with a few of us seems like a remote chance? :)

Irythil Calderian
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I've actutally started Eve a couple of days ago, just trying to get y feet wet as it is a little different from my normal game-type....it seems fun though.

Tewdric Veincrusher
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Hello and welcome Irithyl.

I hope that you enjoy being a part of Wessex (whatever the race) and if you have any questions i will be glad to help in any way i can.

Finnigan
03-13-2008, 06:39 AM
I've actutally started Eve a couple of days ago, just trying to get y feet wet as it is a little different from my normal game-type....it seems fun though.

Well, if you want to get ahold of some of our members in the game, keep an eye out/send a message to Thirlan, in the game. :)

It is good to have you with us.