View Full Version : Formal Introduction

Mortifar
03-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Greetings friends,

I am new here on the Wessex forums and would like to make myself known.

I'm a 23 year old male from Australia, learned about Darkfall a few weeks ago, and I've applied to join this fine clan.

My most recent MMO experience is Guild Wars, previously I played Tibia for a few years. I'm looking forward to Darkfall and hope to be in it for the long haul.

Regards,
Mortifar

Dreign Swift
03-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Greetings, Mortifar. Welcome to the forums.

Komako the Hawk
03-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Don't see too many Aussies round these parts.

Welcome to Wessex. What kind of character are you interested in playing?

Mortifar
03-04-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm interested in melee combat primarily but I think there will be a need for at least a little ranged abilities to go with it. I'll probably opt for a classic tank setup with possibly some bow skill incase I'm alone without any ranged support.

Orishas Morgan
03-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Awesome, Glad to have interested. Sounds like you would be a great addition to the Ducal Garrison - serving as a footman (melee combat).

I understand Guild wars had collision detection as well?

Mortifar
03-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Guild Wars has collision detection, but it has very few practical implications because of the way its implemented. Guild Wars is great for team PvP, but lacking in basically every other area. I do enjoy the odd random arena match but without a team dedicated to regular GvG matches, its not really worth playing extensively.

Chrono Veincrusher
03-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Hello there and welcome Mortifar!

Slash Redhand
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
:gds::gds:Welcome to Wessex:gds::gds:

Aiden Morild
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the Duchy

Orishas Morgan
03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I forgot to ask the obligatory question:

Whereabouts in Australia are you from?

(I spent a year in tasmania and have yet to run into anybody from there, but its worth a try)

Vec Peregrinus
03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Ah,Salutations and Welcome to Wessex!

Just out of curiosity, Any idea on which race you want to play as?

Mortifar
03-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm living in Queensland, Brisbane city.

Currently planning to play human.

Unfortunately, I won't be active online much over the next months. I am taking on extra hours at work and will be very busy with moving house and other things. I probably shouldn't have applied to join a clan with this in mind, so please excuse me. When Darkfall is released I will most likely be in a better position with regards to time, and I will definitely be back here to hopefully continue getting to know you all.

Einar Tyrssen
03-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm living in Queensland, Brisbane city.

Currently planning to play human.

My girlfriend is in Ipswich.

Welcome.

Dreign Swift
03-06-2008, 05:04 AM
My girlfriend is in Ipswich.

Welcome.

Wha?

When did this come about? And from Australia?

Finnigan
03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Hail and welcome, Mort. Make yourself at home and meet us on irc. :)

As for Einar, I knew that it'd only be a matter of time before the vikings plan their raids on the british penal colonies!