PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Teetrid Beamfist
02-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Hello. First let me say it's an honor to be admitted, on a trial basis of course, into this great clan. I've been reading all about the governance and such on the main site and so far it looks great!

Someone on the DFO forums suggested I look into the Duchy, as you have a Eve Online presence. I have joined the corp and talked with Thirlan. Also I just received the email saying I am a trial member so I figured I would post a little about myself.

My RP name is Teetrid Beamfist and I love drawfs because they are grumpy and short tempered and just short in general. My RL name is Toby. I'm from the bay (that's the "San Francisco bay area" to all you newbs) and I'm 18. I'm graduating High School soon and probably going to either University Washington, or University Oregon.
I was hardcore in an FPS clan for about 2 years, but this will be the first time I dedicate myself to a MMO clan. I have lots of experience in CAL and TWL and I'm hoping the transition to MMORPG won't be too hard.

My style: I read the Duke's post regarding RPing and it seems to jive with me. I'm fond of the healing classes, so I'll probably end up Priest/Archer. Strange for a dwarf, I know. I generally dedicate about 1 to 2 hours a day to gaming, but that's mostly because there isn't anything good out there. When CrackFall comes out I'll be up to probably 3 hours a day. I have a mic and vent and TS and xfire and IRC so I'm good with that.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you.
Thank you, and I look forward to being a member of this great clan.

Komako the Hawk
02-04-2008, 04:37 AM
The big U of O, eh?

Nira just moved from up to Portland from Eugene. If you got questions about the campus, you should send him a PM.

With your EVE membership you're the ideal trial member. As it's the start of the month, however, you might have one of the longer trial memberships (4 1/2 weeks).

Chrono Veincrusher
02-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Another Dwarf! Most welcome aboard Teetrid!

But i must say it's a bit odd to see a Dwarf Priest since Dwarves have poor magic abilities.

Slash Redhand
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the Duchy m8 :D
I hope you like your stay here and when the game comes out be as hardcore as it gets ;)

Aiden Morild
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Welcome to Wessex

Teetrid Beamfist
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Another Dwarf! Most welcome aboard Teetrid!

But i must say it's a bit odd to see a Dwarf Priest since Dwarves have poor magic abilities.

Yeah that's my conundrum right now. I guess I'll see when the game comes out, maybe I'll go Melee/Siege. Who knows? That's what's great about DF you can just get in and start playing and the game will figure it out as you go along.

Talfryn Emrys
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Well Met!

Vec Peregrinus
02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Hello and welcome Teetrid!

Teetrid Beamfist
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you all!

Einar Tyrssen
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah that's my conundrum right now. I guess I'll see when the game comes out, maybe I'll go Melee/Siege. Who knows? That's what's great about DF you can just get in and start playing and the game will figure it out as you go along.

Welcome. Tell your friends about Wessex, the Republic and Sleggjaholl. I need all the promotion I can get. :P

Hope you enjoy your stay, I think a Dwarf acting as a priest would be a welcome addition, just to mix things up. The stereotypical dwarf with an axe and alcohol problems (Chrono) gets a little redundant. :P

Teetrid Beamfist
02-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Hope you enjoy your stay, I think a Dwarf acting as a priest would be a welcome addition, just to mix things up. The stereotypical dwarf with an axe and alcohol problems (Chrono) gets a little redundant. :P

Yeah I have enough axe problems in real life. I don't need to have them in my virtual reality.

Einar Tyrssen
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah I have enough axe problems in real life. I don't need to have them in my virtual reality.

I hear that. Brando, the Duke, Koma and Fish are actually responsible for my being here. I was originally petrified in ice in Chrono's backyard, but they unthawed me with thirty space heaters and an electric blanket. Being a Viking, I have difficulties with things normal people take for granted.

For example, my computer has several axe marks in it as I do not know what a button is, and I mainly scream "ODIN" and throw an axe at my computer until it turns on. Playing Darkfall will be like home, but honestly I don't know if the appliances in my house can handle any more.

Wolfe Bennett
02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
hello and welcome to the Duchy