PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Duchy of Wessex!

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I am Sarvis Vaesire, once the Overlord of the Cruor clan. After consulting with his highness the Duke of Wessex, we have decided to perform a clan merge. I will now be heading the Cruor division of the Duchy. This will consist of my finest men and will be focused on assassination, scouting, shard protecting, main city guarding, and a jack-of-all-trades playstyle. This means members of my division shall by tribrid characters, learning any three of the four major skill groups (melee, magic, ranging, and crafting).

If you have any questions, please message me or respond to this post.

Sincerely,
Sarvis Vaesire

Jord Hunter
12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Hail and well met!

Welcome to the family.

Einar Tyrssen
12-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Welcome, I'm the leader of the Kingdom of Sleggjaholl. Glad to see I'm not alone, can you describe Cruor to us?

Chrono Veincrusher
12-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Your most welcome to Wessex, great men of Cruor.
I'm looking forward to get to know you guys!

Also, Tell your members they are more then welcome to come and visit us!

Yossarian
12-13-2007, 12:23 AM
A clan merge eh? Sounds good, welcome to Wessex.

How many men do you currently have?

Komako the Hawk
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Welcome to Wessex.

Come chat in IRC :) We're all talking about you.

Finnigan
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Hail, and well-met. I look forward to further meeting you and your fellows you bring with you.

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 01:19 AM
To both answer and ask questions:

Irc?

We are currently a small clan (somewhere from 15-30 members) and I'm guessing somewhere near 10 will be coming with me to the Duchy. You may laugh at these numbers, but my men are some of the most skilled troops (some with 10 years experience!).

Dreign Swift
12-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Welcome to The Duchy of Wessex, Sarvis Vaesire! Your operation sounds most impressive. Please, do tell your men to make their appearance here, we'd love to get to know 'em.

This will consist of my finest men and will be focused on assassination, scouting, shard protecting, main city guarding, and a jack-of-all-trades playstyle.

Does this mean you're not bringing all of them?

- Swift

EDIT: Oh, I see you basically just answered my question. Still, is there a reason you're not bringing all of them?

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Strangely none of them are on currently...

We have a scheduled clan meeting Friday at 9 GMT so I will ask them to come then. In the mean time I have an announcement, announcement in the shoutbox, and forum thread about the merge.

EDIT: I just received word that Slaker, one of my men, may be joining now...

Flaymer
12-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Yes yes! Welcome welcome! Good to have you. Here's some elven wine *pats you on the back* and plenty of folk to drink with...3 CHEERS to the new arrivals!

Slaker
12-13-2007, 02:08 AM
hail!! this is Slaker the colonel of Cruor in charge of the 1st regiment!! Im happy to be by your side and to serve Duchy of wessex also.

Chrono Veincrusher
12-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Hello there, Slaker.
Welcome aboard!

Dreign Swift
12-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Greetings, Colonel Slaker, and welcome to The Duchy of Wessex.

*tips hat*

Einar Tyrssen
12-13-2007, 02:48 AM
We are currently a small clan (somewhere from 15-30 members) and I'm guessing somewhere near 10 will be coming with me to the Duchy. You may laugh at these numbers, but my men are some of the most skilled troops (some with 10 years experience!).

What I meant was cultural, RP wise. Structure?

Sleggjaholl is a Norse clan, entirely focused on Scandinavian feudalism (or, at least, their version of it) and Norse culture.

Dreign Swift
12-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Sleggjaholl is a Norse clan, entirely focused on Scandinavian feudalism (or, at least, their version of it) and Norse culture.

Don't forget WAR!

(man, I must sound like a huge warmonger these days :p)

Einar Tyrssen
12-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Don't forget WAR!

(man, I must sound like a huge warmonger these days :p)

Yeah, KoSH is a Viking clan, after all. War is a big thing.

Dreign Swift
12-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, KoS is a Viking clan, after all. War is a big thing.

Fixed.

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Slaker! I am glad to see you here!

EDIT: I just received word that Kuhn, one of my finest men, has left to create his own clan. We will stay in touch however, and he may join Cruor again in the future.

RichTBiscuit
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Hello there! I am lieutenant cornal RichTBiscuit of the cruor clan ready to serve along side all duchy of wessex clan!

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Rich Biscuit.

Umm, you spelled "Colonel" wrong

Chrono Veincrusher
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Wessex, RichTBiscuit!

RichTBiscuit
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
oops lolz as you can see im not so great at english.

Dreign Swift
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Greetings. Where are you from?

RichTBiscuit
12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
im from UK

McDougles
12-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Hello all, I am also a member of Cruor who has decided to follow the advice of my leader and join the Cruor division of The Duchy of Wessex.

My main specialization ingame will be Crafting, Magic, and Ranged combat.

My Forumfall handle is Revolver777.

Cheers,

McDougles

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Revolver!! (I really gotta get used to calling you McDougles from now on.)

Revolver is one of my finest men, I think...

I hope Auza decides to join us.

Aiden Morild
12-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the Duchy

McDougles
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Revolver!! (I really gotta get used to calling you McDougles from now on.)

Revolver is one of my finest men, I think...

I hope Auza decides to join us.

You think?? Haha, I haven't been in Cruor for too long at all, but I've been trolling Forumfall for quite some time :D

Bernardo dei Medici
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
You think?? Haha, I haven't been in Cruor for too long at all, but I've been trolling Forumfall for quite some time :D

Hurray! Another fellow Wisconsinite! Eat it Minnesota! *glances over at Einar*

Einar Tyrssen
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Hurray! Another fellow Wisconsinite! Eat it Minnesota! *glances over at Einar*

Packers suck, Brando. Go to hell. :P

Wow you guys are really showing me up, aren't you? Well, I guess this REALLY means I need to step up my game and get more of my lazy underlings to join.

Mithandier
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
hey! I'm part of Cruor/Wessex. I'm squrrilslayer on the DF forums but ingame im mithandier. Just dropping in to say hi.

oh yeh... for got to mention, you have a battle mage at your command :P

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Mith! So happy of you to join us.

By the way, Scelestus, an all-pvp and experience clan, may be merging into my division.

Yeah me. :D

Bernardo dei Medici
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Packers suck, Brando. Go to hell. :P

Okay, well that at least explains why we shut out the Vikings 34 to NOTHING! At least I know why now. Man that's been bothering me not knowing why for so long. :p

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I know that if I tell you my favorite football team then all of you will hate me. :(

Rykiel
12-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Hail, I'm Rykiel (Nexus on the DF forums).
I used to be the head of all magical devisions in Cruor with strong intentions to becoming a full ritualist.
Looks like im switching back to my first instinct of battle mage.

Good to be in the ranks!

Einar Tyrssen
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Okay, well that at least explains why we shut out the Vikings 34 to NOTHING! At least I know why now. Man that's been bothering me not knowing why for so long. :p

Well maybe we can set up a little football game of ourselves.

THEN WE WILL SEE.

Sarvis Vaesire
12-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Hello Rykiel!

So far we have:

Sarvis (me)
Rykiel
Slaker
McDougles
Mithandier
Biscuit

Auza Blaide
12-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Hello, my name is Auza. I was the Fleet Admiral and commander of the navy in Cruor. I was also the first to register to Cruor. I've decided to go along with the merge and fight alongside of the Duchy of Wessex. I hope we can have a good time and we can all get along. My intentions are to be one of the best fighters in the game.

Einar Tyrssen
12-14-2007, 02:54 AM
hay biade

Glad to see so many of you can make it. This is going to be awesome.

Spig
12-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Greetings. I was of the Cruor Workforce (crafting), and am pleased to see the amount of members here at Wessex. I was a little worried about the lack of members Cruor had, so good call on the merge Sarvis.

Dreign Swift
12-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Welcome to the Duchy, Aiza Blaide, Spig.

Look forward to getting to know all you new guys, and the rest when they arrive.

Slash Redhand
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
hey there everyone. I'm glad to be here with you.
I'm Slash(Spartan791 at df forums)

Sarvis Vaesire
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Greetings Slash we are happy to have you with us!

Komako the Hawk
12-15-2007, 04:15 AM
Well, seeing as there are so many of you, it's right and fair all y'all get a welcoming tour. My name is Komako the Hawk, please call me Koma or Seeker. I'm a Herald to the Duke of Wessex - my job in a nutshell is to uphold the concept of Wessex's founding (traditional feudalism) and give it the professional taste you can't find in other guilds.

First off, I'd like to address some concerns about Wessex and RP, brought up by Camelmix on your own boards:

i never liked their system plus they seemed waaay to into the role playingWe are not - I cannot stress this enough - are not the die hard roleplayers that Wessex comes off as. Some of us role-play, and we have a special section (http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12) of the forum for it. You're not expected to RP in the traditional pen-and-paper sense. What is expected is for players to exist within the structure of Wessex's government - feudalism.

The entire concept of feudalism is simple. Each portion of Wessex's land and members belong to a specific Lord or Lady - and each Lord or Lady is in turn sworn in service to the Duke of Wessex. Your own Sarvis fits into this form of government like so:

Slaker is part of Sarvis's clan/land Cruor. He is a "villein" or commoner of Cruor. Sarvis is thus the Lord of Slaker. However, Sarvis is sworn to the Duke of Wessex. Thus, the Duke of Wessex is the lord of Sarvis, or otherwise referred to as a Liege Lord. Thus, all members of Cruor are part of Wessex directly through Sir Sarvis's feudal oath to the Duke.

Mister Coronach, Sheriff, has a great quote on this type of contract:

...as a subsidiary to us, it's not our job to manage precisely how their work gets done. All that's expected is that they deliver reliable and satisfactory military and political results when called upon, in exchange for being allowed to exist within our realm. Think of it a bit like a private contracting service. We get them to do a job, they get it done. We don't need to bother ourselves with how they got it done unless it's going to get us in trouble with some legal agencies or something.

Paraphrased: in return for a fief (land) of your own lead by Sarvis you get to exist as a subsidiary.

This is a small-guild friendly system - it retains their independent cultures whilst existing in a powerful empire/kingdom whatever, and this system is necessary for a nation-building game like Darkfall.

Now, as commoners of the Duchy of Wessex through the Fiefdom of Cruor you're all entitled to some pretty cool stuff. We have a large group of members known as Yeomen that work on micromanagement and administrative tasks. Their duties will keep the 300+ members of the Duchy orderly and intact, so all y'all can battle and focus on building up your own cities. I started my post by stating that I am a Herald that gives a professional touch to Wessex, and this touch is through the streamlined signatures we use. You request it, and I design it, along with the other members of the Collage of Arms. To request your signature, go here (http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1395) and fill out the request form. For now, the default rank for all members of Cruor is "Villein of Sarvis Vaesire" - and the signatures will reflect so - but updates will be available once the merge is fully wrapped up.

I highly suggest reading the Duke's Fireside Chats located in the commons (most of what I've said is just paraphrased versions of the chats) and familiarizing yourself with the members here. About 50 members of Wessex log in to these boards on a daily basis.

Welcome to Wessex.

Bernardo dei Medici
12-15-2007, 05:15 AM
Adding to the benefits that one receives as a member of Wessex and her allies, namely the Republic, you will have access to a guild management system unlike anything you have ever experienced before. As of right now you go through Wessex to make changes to titles and the like, but as soon as I am finished porting the sytem to a wider use model, you will have direct control over titles and ranks for your people.

You will also have access to an auction system, consolidated membership control panel, central bank, member journals and media uploads, an entire contracting and tracking system for crafters, online classes that you can even design yourself and submit to me (yes, you can take online courses and even have them graded automatically with a short quiz), a military unit organization control panel accessed on the same page as the membership panel, and a few others such as an auto launcher for ventrilo(you'll also get access to your own channels on our ventrilo server), a java chat client for IRC automatically set to take your username for the site and use it in the channels without any setup, and some more crazy features that we're currently debating at the moment.

Oh and we also have a 3D world that you can walk through (Republic only atm, still working on the Duchy's and soon yours if you wish it!).

We're not simply sitting on our asses, we're gearing up to do something instense in DFO.

We also drill in formations and have developed our own manuals and doctrine for warfare. We're ready and soon you'll be more ready for DFO than you ever thought possible.

Sarvis Vaesire
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a question:

May I promote my own "villeins" to soldiers, bowmen, assassins, etc.?

Coronach
12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes. The Feudal Laws of Wessex allow you to induct new members and promote your members to different positions as you see fit.

Though it is expected that any sort of structure that you give your fiefdom will be analogous to that of Wessex.

Zora Flynn
12-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, I've been so busy of late and now I see that we're growing by leaps and bounds. Lovely, and a hearty welcome to all!

Manus Dei
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I have a question:

May I promote my own "villeins" to soldiers, bowmen, assassins, etc.?

Actually, for villeins to become bowmen or footmen is an option up to them individually - it's called enlisting in the military. You can make it compulsory for all of your villeins, however all villeins who take any military ranks must drill with our military and learn the formations.

You can also send anyone out you wish as an assassin, but we don't label that as a public rank and keep that a private affair. I hand select my own "assassins" from the entire body of duchy members, and your members are eligible to be chosen as ducal assassins too.

The ranks you can give to your members, or insist that they occupy, ranges from: footman, bowman, seaman, man-at-arms, archer, marine, and then finally sergeant, marksman and midshipman. I would advise you don't give half your men naval ranks and half your men infantry ranks, because you want a cohesive unit to march with. Also, I would advise saving all the ranks above footman, bowman and seaman for the game so that you have room to promote your best soldiers.

Another way for your members to not be villeins is to take the "yeoman exam" on this site. Any villein who takes and passes that exam is no longer considered a villein and is eligible to become an "employee" of a liege lord like yourself, like a house retainer. You may name any of your members who passes that exam as your personal heralds or clerks who will help you run your knightly manor or village. You may also simply appoint your villeins to personal "house" positions, but they won't be officially recognized duchy-wide as free men unless the person has also passed that exam.

Finally, it's also traditional that you may promote any TWO of your members to be your personal squires- and being a squire is a very important rank, as squires are futures knights, like yourself. It is advised you only choose the absolute best and most dedicated for squires, because they get arms and officer status in the garrison like you do, and if they go inactive, you can't choose another squire for a long time.

Komako the Hawk
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Irc?

http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7

We always have about 10 people in the channel.

Chrono Veincrusher
12-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Our Military Chart:
http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/Wessex-Military-Tree.jpg

And a PDF explanation of the different ranks:
http://www.duchyofwessex.org/pdfs/military.pdf (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/../pdfs/military.pdf)

Einar Tyrssen
12-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Also, as Koma explained, this system allows you to keep your culture and general guild playstyle. The Duke also mentioned being a cohesive unit, so promoting half and half probably isn't good. If you haven't really engaged in thought about what you're going to DO in the game, take some time and do that. How will you fight? What will be your "special move" of sorts? We're a Norse guild, and our best fighting style is a skirmisher/light infantry. The system allowed us to seamlessly flow into the military structure of Wessex in our own special way.

Also, individual territory governments are possible in Darkfall due to it's "sandbox" like nature. So you're allowed a lot of freedom to build from the ground up and still not cause conflicts with RSS, Wessex, Sleggjaholl and others because we all bring a special spice to the mix. It's best to bounce ideas off with the other leaders, though, so if something comes up and is problematic we can brainstorm about a way to add it without just tossing it out.

Coronach
12-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Einar brings up a good point. Now that you've aligned yourself with Wessex, you have given yourself the freedom to really focus on what you want to do in Darkfall, so to speak. Wessex will take care of most of your petty concerns like accomodations and equipment, and you can hone your group to a razor edge in whatever specialization you want to take yourselves without fear of leaving yourself exposed from the back or sides, because, well, Wessex has you covered there, too.

Komako the Hawk
12-16-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes, Mister Coronach has your backside covered.

Auza Blaide
01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
My apologies, Cruor declines to join the Duchy because of a difference in values. The first time we meet Duke, I'll bleed you dry.:)

Kresh
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Good to hear :)

Synge Wynne
01-13-2008, 07:20 PM
My apologies, Cruor declines to join the Duchy because of a difference in values. The first time we meet Duke, I'll bleed you dry.:)

There's probably a line.

Drake Kincar
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
sad to hear :[

Einar Tyrssen
01-13-2008, 10:37 PM

LOL That's a good one.

Manus Dei
01-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Clerks and heralds, make a special note of Cruor so that we can be sure to raze their holdings to the ground and persecute them across Agon rather than offer them the customary options and amnesty.

Komako the Hawk
01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Duly noted.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
So much to kill and so little time.
Still, I can make an exception.

Synge Wynne
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
So much to kill and so little time.
Still, I can make an exception.

We wouldn't want you to get bored now would we :)

Kresh
01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Ye send the Clerks and the Heralds to talk them to death.

Finnigan
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Reeves don't get to have any fun? Bah.

Aiden Morild
01-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Maths is always fun! I ave a maths exam tomorrow! YAY!

Darvis Jaegiter
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Auza that was the stupidest fucking move I've ever seen.

Auza Blaide
01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
We aren't afraid of the Duchy.:) We don't need a bunch of mindless soldiers to fight for us; I guarantee that our men will be smarter, faster, and stronger than yours could ever hope to be.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
We aren't afraid of the Duchy.:) We don't need a bunch of mindless soldiers to fight for us; I guarantee that our men will be smarter, faster, and stronger than yours could ever hope to be.
If you say so.
But i don't see what you have to support your claims, Mind to elaborate?

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Right here. I'm proof. My name is Kuhn, 1st Squad Leader and Second in Command of Cruor.
I'm all from Cruor thats needed to take you down.
Well I'm not gonna be bored slaughtering you.
Duke your #1 on the hitlist;)]

EDIT: I highly support Auza's decision. Our ideas simply don't agree.

Manus Dei
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
You're just bitter because your leader Sarvis's plan to infiltrate Wessex was known all along and wasn't taken seriously. He couldn't even keep his mouth shut about it and all the spies came telling me, but I still invited the naive little sweetheart to come and pledge fealty.

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
He did? Traitorous coward should die then, and what about you Duke? Your pathetic little spies in our clan? Please.

And I'm not bitter at all, I just want to spill your virtual blood. :D
Sarvis is no longer worthy for Cruor, take him.

EDIT: By the way what are you 430 strong? How many of them can actually fight or is DUchy just another mass-recruitment clan with a core of about 50-70 real players?

Auza Blaide
01-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Me? I've never really been bitter about anything. I figured I would have a good time cutting your head off to shut you up. Everybody that is staying with Cruor has the same idea. :D I'll write something nice on your tombstone.

Edit: Sarvis Vaesire is also on our hitlist, if he exists in any form in Darkfall then he has betrayed his own guild and will die like the rest of you.

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for clarifying that Auza. Your kind simply annoys us and needs to be eliminated from the virtual world. Also we disagree with you on several other grounds by which your clan is absed but I'm not taking the time to fully write it out.:D

Oh and by the way just so you know-we'll respect any messengers you send to us and not kill them. If we're going to fight a war lets be civil about it.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Sarvis Vaesire is also on our hitlist, if he exists in any form in Darkfall then he has betrayed his own guild and will die like the rest of you.
Once again, I'm asking if you have anything to support these claims?

Auza Blaide
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
We don't have to explain ourselves to you. You have all heard what we really have to say. Prepare to die.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
We don't have to explain ourselves to you. You have all heard what we really have to say. Prepare to die.
I've already asked Kuhn about this, Care for a friendly match of Rune?

Komako the Hawk
01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not.

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Once again, I'm asking if you have anything to support these claims?

What claims? That Sarvis is on our hitlist or that we will kill him?
For one I'm getting a Darkfall account therefore claim supported. Two assured people hunting down your guys.

EDIT: We aren't kidding

Chrono Veincrusher
01-14-2008, 11:43 PM
What claims? That Sarvis is on our hitlist or that we will kill him?
For one I'm getting a Darkfall account therefore claim supported. Two assured people hunting down your guys.
I'm talking about how he/you will kill us all.
I just don't see the logic how he will succeed without some kind of secret plan.

Manus Dei
01-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Pardon me, didn't Sarvis die in the hospital?

That's what Darvis told me.

Komako the Hawk
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Sarvis was beaten to death in real life. He died this December.

Please shut up.

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I was told he barely survived so my apologies if I was misinformed. I meant no disrespect to him nor his memory.

However it is conceivable that we can beat you, to answer Chrono.
Simply put Quality over Quantity.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
However it is conceivable that we can beat you, to answer Chrono.
Simply put Quality over Quantity.
Does this also apply with 1vs1?

Kuhn
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Does this also apply with 1vs1?

Yes. If anything it would be easier to take you all down 1 at a time rather then having to deal with groups.

Komako the Hawk
01-15-2008, 12:00 AM
You're pretty misinformed as to the quality of Wessex of players.

We have a ton of great players here, from FPS games like BF2 or CS to RTS titles like Civ4 or AoE3. If the Wessex community was lacking in quality than I can assure you, I would be the last person to be here.

I hope you consider apologizing and joining the Duchy come Darkfall, or whenever in the future, because this community changes people. I can assure you, if you're decent human beings, you'll look back on the posts you made today and see arrogant, angry, and radical hate posts, and after self-analysis you'll be more inclined to respect His Grace and the people here. Sarvis's plan changed after announcing the merge because he began to enjoy these boards and clan, and if you're respectful to his memory, I sincerely hope your attitude changes in-game and in real life as well.

Kuhn
01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
You're pretty misinformed as to the quality of Wessex of players.

We have a ton of great players here, from FPS games like BF2 or CS to RTS titles like Civ4 or AoE3. If the Wessex community was lacking in quality than I can assure you, I would be the last person to be here.

I hope you consider apologizing and joining the Duchy come Darkfall, or whenever in the future, because this community changes people. I can assure you, if you're decent human beings, you'll look back on the posts you made today and see arrogant, angry, and radical hate posts, and after self-analysis you'll be more inclined to respect His Grace and the people here. Darvis's plan changed after announcing the merge because he began to enjoy these boards and clan, and if you're respectful to his memory, I sincerely hope your attitude changes in-game and in real life as well.

I'll never join Duchy or apologize for being against you. Hate posts? No i'm just saying I disagree with your air of superiority thinking your above people and clan! This post screams it. I'm respectful to Sarvis's memory because I don't disrespect the dead, so until I see you dead I have the right to have my own damn opinion. "His Grace" is arrogant in my eyes and you are being far too judgemental for my tastes. Saying that if we're "decent human beings" we'll renounce our opinions? How bout this? DO a self-analysis of yourself and ask if you have the right to define what a decent human being would do. I sincerely do not change just because some pretenious forum member thinks I'm wrong. And if your insulting my real life off these boards then that justs gets to me the most! You ASSUME you know me since you've read a few of my posts. Let me tell you this: You don't know me, and I hope to never know you.

Guess what my self-analysis says? I spoke my opinion, apologized for possibly being wrong about Sarvis.
My Analysis of you is that your a pretenious forumfaller who thinks just because he's changed or whatnot he has the right to judge peoples character and tell them they are morally wrong.
Those people, like you, are one of the worst kind.

Auza Blaide
01-15-2008, 12:13 AM
I mean no disrespect to our former leader. If he did actually die in the hospital (I was informed that he had lived and, in fact turned control of the clan over to me in person) then I am sorry for any implied disrespect. If we did have a secret plan, why would we make it open?

Please note that this is just a game and it is all in good fun what we wish to do. Our views vary in our definition of fun. I have fun fighting and getting stronger. I don't have fun being told what to do by some egocentric tyrant who wishes to control all that he sees. Just because I don't think like you makes me a bad person? Maybe... I help people, I enjoy their company, but, I will never call anyone master.

You have no idea who I am in my real life and have no buisness telling me that I am a terrible person.

Manus Dei
01-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Just a simple offering of earth and water is all we ask.

Kuhn
01-15-2008, 12:18 AM
You know you cannot afford earth and water here.

*Kick into Pit of Death*

Auza Blaide
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
How about this? I'll put you into the earth and then spit on your grave.

Komako the Hawk
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't have fun being told what to do by some egocentric tyrant who wishes to control all that he sees.

I don't understand how you can come to this kind of conclusion. It usually takes a bit more knowledge of the situation before making such a severe judgment of anybody.

And by no means do I think you're a terrible person. I think you have the wrong idea through surmised evidence and aren't willing to consider the other side. Why would I, or the other 150 active members of Wessex, intentionally victimize ourselves to a tyrant?

What you are is a narrow-minded person. While although members of the clan may not have the stomach to handle such blatant disregard for the other sides opinions, I'm willing to take the incentive to logically point out that you're being foolish, overly independent adolescent brats by coming onto our boards and professing your undying loathing of the man I call My Lord and not explaining your attitude. More importantly, I'm empathetic enough to try to understand why you're being such brats, and compassionate enough to forgive you for your behavior.

So please, do explain.

Kuhn
01-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't understand how you can come to this kind of conclusion. It usually takes a bit more knowledge of the situation before making such a severe judgment of anybody.

And by no means do I think you're a terrible person. I think you have the wrong idea through surmised evidence and aren't willing to consider the other side. Why would I, or the other 150 active members of Wessex, intentionally victimize ourselves to a tyrant?

What you are is a narrow-minded person. While although members of the clan may not have the stomach to handle such blatant disregard for the other sides opinions, I'm willing to take the incentive to logically point out that you're being foolish, overly independent adolescent brats by coming onto our boards and professing your undying loathing of the man I call My Lord and not explaining your attitude. More importantly, I'm empathetic enough to try to understand why you're being such brats, and compassionate enough to forgive you for your behavior.

So please, do explain.

ANd your still pretnious and now a hypocrite. YOur assuming we're narrow-minded off one debate with no cross evidence, how is that any different?Don't sound all high and mighty with me you son of a gun. And I'm not an adolscent and do not like being put down by a overly confident, pretneious, arrogant forum poster. I have taken logic to your last post and you've ignored it obviously since it was on target. I'm not professing undying loathing Im backing up my buddy in his decision to split Cruor from Duchy. YOur the one that brought it to this area of conversation. Dont give me your damn empathy or your self-sacrificing attitude. I deal with enough of you people when I meet religious zealots.
Stop assuming you know us you hypocrite.

EDIT: You saw how he could come to that severe of a conclusion off a few posts. Isn't that what you just did? I don't have time for people who think their high and mighty but whose agruements are full of flaws.

EDIT2: Im signing off for today so don't get confident when I dont immediatly disprove your next point.

Komako the Hawk
01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
You sound pretty angry right now. Maybe I hit a nerve.

You're going to have to make a choice. In the one hand there will be people advising you, telling you that your attitude is inappropriate, and in the other hand you'll have your own reason. One of your hands will dictate the rest of your life and gaming career. Which one will be up to you. I'm sorry Kuhn, I really am. You have a good soul, and I hate telling good souled people that their judgment is poor.

Oh, don't worry about it. As soon as you log off, you'll start feeling better. You'll remember you don't have to listen to any of that pretentious, hypocritical crap said on the internet. You're in control of your life, remember?

Go have a cookie. I promise by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel as right as rain.

Auza Blaide
01-15-2008, 12:44 AM

So please, do explain.

You really need to work on your people skills. Calling us foolish brats that are too stupid to comprehend your opinion really is something that really is uncalled for. This is just a game and seriously insulting who somebody is, is very immature. You are only proving me right in wanting to kill all of you.

Komako the Hawk
01-15-2008, 12:49 AM
You really need to work on your people skills. Calling us foolish brats that are too stupid to comprehend your opinion really is something that really is uncalled for. This is just a game and seriously insulting who somebody is, is very immature. You are only proving me right in wanting to kill all of you.

And I quote my previous statement:

So please, do explain.

Auza Blaide
01-15-2008, 12:52 AM
You people aren't worth another moment of my time. At your leave "My Grace".

Komako the Hawk
01-15-2008, 12:53 AM
You people aren't worth another moment of my time. At your leave "My Grace".

Come back when you feel fit to explain yourselves.

Wessex always has open ears.

Thirlan Tyrandor
01-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Hmmm personally if I were you guys I wouldn't waste my time attacking the Duchy. Suppose, for arguments sake, that you've some how skewed the laws of probability such that every single member you've recruited is a combat master with amazing kill ratios then for you to beat the Duchy each of your super human players would need a kill ratio GREATER than 10:1, assuming you have 20 members and the Duchy comes with roughly 200. That's like saying one of your guys can solo 10 of ours so to test this theory out you can play against us in Runes of Valhalla and you can send your best fighter against 10 of our guys. If you fail then you obviously wont dent the Duchy of Wessex and would probably make better use of your time on other things like getting more members and then maybe coming back when you can win with an easier kill ratio.

Now if you tell me that it's possible because the Spartans managed with 300 troops then I need to point out to you that this was a rare event that hasn't happened many times in History and yet some how you're telling me that you're the chosen ones? If that's the case you must be famous FPS players. Are any of you Fatal1ty hiding in disguise by any chance?

There's a wise saying in war, "Those who seek victory from battle are destined to defeat". Right now the odds seem stacked against you and as I said before, you might want to consider doing other things to improve the odds because I enjoy a good challenge and right now it doesn't seem like it will be remotely fair. You might even complain about us zerging you, which is entirely fair and should I remind you a valid tactic. Why shouldn't I use all my men to defeat you, If the odds of victory are that much better? In the end it doesn't matter what you did to get the victory so long as you win it with a clear advantage at the end and in the long run.

Manus Dei
01-15-2008, 03:50 AM
The most ridiculous thing about all of this is, your leader approached me, asked if he could sub, and I allowed him to do so and to invite all of you. And now, after extending such a welcome, we are treated to this display of gratitude. We have NEVER seen anyone come to our own forums and talk to us like this, nor have we ever tolerated anything close for this long - and it's all the most disgusting because you were made welcome here.

The first sheriff who sees this can feel free to ban all of these yokels and end this thread.

Flaymer
01-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Macarena anyone? *begins dancing*