PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Dyne
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Hail and well met! My names Dan, I'm 19 and I live in a small town in northern New Jersey. I put in an application the other night, Rugmuk referred me to your wonderful website. I'm interested in joining The Duchy of Wessex, and perhaps if you guys like me enough, stay until Darkfall is released. (cant wait!)

I know I said my name's Dan, but no one ever calls me Dan. Not even at work; all my friends, heck even my BOSS calls me Dyne. I'm not really sure where I got it from, I thought I had made it up, but then someone said it came from FF7, which I didn't know until later on when I played it again. The name stuck when I started playing Laser Tag at this place by my house, I used the name Dyne. I got really good, then eventually got hired to work at the laser tag arena/arcade so all the bosses/employees knew me as Dyne.

Sorry about the rant. :P So yea! If you guys have any questions, you can contact me in-game (Irth) my characters name is Dyne. He's a lonely Cyclopian Mezotek. :]

Best wishes,
Dyne

Gavriel Venitiago
12-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome, glad to have you!
Lots of new members lately :gds:

Clarke Blackbriar
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
welcome to the duchy dyne, what kind of character do you think you will go for in Darkfall?

Aiden Morild
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome to Wessex

Finnigan
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm interested in joining The Duchy of Wessex, and perhaps if you guys like me enough, stay until Darkfall is released. (cant wait!)

Well met, Dyne.

I'm curious, is this to say that you will drop away once we move on to Darkfall?

Einar Tyrssen
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Well met, Dyne.

I'm curious, is this to say that you will drop away once we move on to Darkfall?

He means is DON'T MAKE FUN OF HIM GOD FINNIGAN. (Dyne, disregard this, Finnigan is nice and I paint rainbows for Finn and Koma all the time to brighten their day)

Nice to see new faces. I, too, extend a welcome to you from Sleggjaholl. You're going to enjoy it here, and if you have any gamer friends who are interested in a Norse-themed guild, forward them to here and then to me. I'm reluctant to show them my GuildCafe site but Brando's going to make it all better.

*paints a rainbow in the sky* :D

Dyne
12-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Well met, Dyne.

No, not at all. I meant the exact opposite! :)

Who knows, though, we still have another year or so before we will even see a beta. :(

So do you guys all play Irth? Or are you all playing different games waiting for Darkfall?

Finnigan
12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Disregard mr. Einar. =P I wasn't making fun of you, merely curious about what you had meant, and it is good to hear.

Not everyone plays Irth. it is sort of a spread out group of gamers all waiting for Darkfall.

Komako the Hawk
12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Wessex has 80 active members, around 10 have ventured into Irth.

So yes, I suppose you could say we're a bit spread around ;)

Dyne
12-07-2007, 03:46 AM
welcome to the duchy dyne, what kind of character do you think you will go for in Darkfall?

As far as race goes, I'm not quite sure. I was thinking Orc/Mahirim. I'm not too fond of Mahirim though, they're kinda spooky looking, and Orks are just plain badass. But I may also want to try out those Dark Elf guys, seeing as how their the solo race; that's badass as well. Every race has something I'll like, so unless you guys pick for me, I'll never decide.

As far as play style goes, I'm definitely a mix of crafter and front line axe-swinging rage machine. Whether I'm Ork or not, I will be stealing plenty of those Axes from them. :)

Komako the Hawk
12-07-2007, 03:52 AM
The Duchy will be Humans, Dwarves, and Mirdain.

Dreign Swift
12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forums, Dyne.

Although I'd hate to lose another to the stubby ones, it sounds like your playstyle might best fit the Dwarf mold. Crafter/Axe swinger and such.

Chrono Veincrusher
12-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome to Wessex, Dyne!
Not sure what you heard, but in the world of Agon the Dwarves are the most bad ass race around!

Feel free to join us ;)

Dyne
12-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Yea.. I'll probably end up playing a Dwarf. So.. I have a couple questions?

Am I required to be very formal as I see in most of the forum/website writings? Are you guys heavy into role playing? If so, am I required to do so? I don't remember seeing any information on the subject when I registered, just want to know. Either way it's cool; I enjoy a good RP. I mean, I play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons. :D

Speaking of which, any of you guys D&D players? If so, excited for 4th Edition? I know I am!

Dreign Swift
12-11-2007, 03:18 AM
By and large, roleplaying in Wessex isn't of the usual sort. We have a smaller contingent of dedicated in-character-at-all-times RPer's, but the majority either opt out entirely or choose to embrace the roleplaying ideals as described by His Grace in this thread. (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6&highlight=roleplay)

Our "official home" of roleplaying is the Bivouac Inn & Tavern, and should you choose to, this would be the place to further the introduction and fleshing-out of your character. You should find there are plenty interested enough to engage you there.

Hope that helps.

- Swift

Ellison Montjoy
12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Yes, but while keeping in mind that it isn't absolutely necessary to be in a character all the time, we still observe a custom of formality with regard to forms of address for player ranks.

Dreign Swift
12-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes, but while keeping in mind that it isn't absolutely necessary to be in a character all the time, we still observe a custom of formality with regard to forms of address for player ranks.

I suppose I was only thinking of the roleplaying implications of his question. Thank you for assuring that point was made, it certainly should not go unnoted.

Dyne
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I've decided I'm going to be a Dwarf for sure, oh, here's neat little tidbit taken from a recent Dev Journal

"The items you buy from vendors are of average quality, but a skilled crafter can make the higher quality versions of these items. Perfect versions of specific items are theoretically possible."

After reading that, I realized.. oh wow, this crafting system is going to be neat, skill affects quality. Expect me to be making these "theoretical" perfect items. I love crafting. :]

Theodoric Brionne
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm sure the dwarves will appreciate another at the forge, welcome to Wessex!

Einar Tyrssen
12-15-2007, 02:02 AM
I've decided I'm going to be a Dwarf for sure, oh, here's neat little tidbit taken from a recent Dev Journal

"The items you buy from vendors are of average quality, but a skilled crafter can make the higher quality versions of these items. Perfect versions of specific items are theoretically possible."

After reading that, I realized.. oh wow, this crafting system is going to be neat, skill affects quality. Expect me to be making these "theoretical" perfect items. I love crafting. :]

ANOTHER crafter. All those looney pure PvPers can go right to hell now, people DO enjoy it. Too bad that topic died on the DF forums, otherwise I'd have to show them you. :P

Dreign Swift
12-15-2007, 02:06 AM

Superb. MOAR CRAFTERS = WIN. Glad to hear it, my stubby friend.

Dyne
12-15-2007, 11:30 AM
ANOTHER crafter. All those looney pure PvPers can go right to hell now, people DO enjoy it. Too bad that topic died on the DF forums, otherwise I'd have to show them you. :P

Don't get me wrong, I LOVEEEEE to PvP.

Depending on how the crafting systems work, and whatnot, I'm really hoping that you can craft boats, because that sounds incredibly fun.

Any word on where Wessex would like to set up geographically? Perhaps a coastal city? Or an island city? If so, I'll definitely craft teh boatz's. Otherwise I guess I'll make hardcore weapons and armor.

Bah.. why won't this game be released already. I just want to go to sleep for a long time, wake up, and play Darkfall.

Chrono Veincrusher
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Any word on where Wessex would like to set up geographically? Perhaps a coastal city? Or an island city? If so, I'll definitely craft teh boatz's. Otherwise I guess I'll make hardcore weapons and armor.
Our main city will be somewhere in Mercia, At the best resource wise location we can find. Sooner or later we're going to get a coastal city since we have a fleet.

Einar Tyrssen
12-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVEEEEE to PvP.

Depending on how the crafting systems work, and whatnot, I'm really hoping that you can craft boats, because that sounds incredibly fun.

Bah.. why won't this game be released already. I just want to go to sleep for a long time, wake up, and play Darkfall.

Oh, I adore it too but sometimes I just get tired of it. I like to mix it up, you know?