PDA

View Full Version : good-o!

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm lclarke, from ol' england, I've been intrigued about Darkfall for some time and I decided to myself that I should join a guild to be ready for the big off as it were (whenever that may be) and I think this may just be the place I'm looking for

I think myself as a more militarised kind of player, coming from other games such as World War 2 Online and some such, so tactics and what not are importmant in my ways of doing things and from what I've read on the Darkfall recruitment forums, I'm impressed of what you can offer to me as a guild and more importantly what I can offer to you as a player

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
If you have any friends that wanna be Nordic, forward them to me plz.

Oh, and welcome. Forgot about that part, I'm getting senile.

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 07:40 PM
If you have any friends that wanna be Nordic, forward them to me plz.

Oh, and welcome. Forgot about that part, I'm getting senile.

unfortunatly i do not know of any.. and thanks for your welcome

i hope to be a reliable member of this community sometime :cool:

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
unfortunatly i do not know of any.. and thanks for your welcome

i hope to be a reliable member of this community sometime :cool:

I hear they're like salamanders. Look under rocks and stuff.

Jord Hunter
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the boards. I assume youve submitted an application already?

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 07:59 PM
how would i go about doing that?

Jord Hunter
11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
how would i go about doing that?

Go to: http://www.duchyofwessex.org/

Bottom left, the Join/Contact shield. Make sure you dont rush it though. We like detail :)

Good luck.

Aiden Morild
11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome to Wessex

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
ok thanks jord, application sent...

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 08:46 PM
ok thanks jord, application sent...

Best of luck to you, what exactly do you hope to accomplish in Wessex? What I mean is, where do you really want to be after everything gets settled?

Also, hop on IRC, pretty cool chat. If you need any help, I'll get the info ready.

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
definatly need help for IRC , I have not used it before

Yossarian
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
definatly need help for IRC , I have not used it before

Hello lclarke. Do you have mIRC? I'll find you a thread about it in a minute.

Edit: Here it is. http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7&highlight=mirc

Clarke Blackbriar
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Hello lclarke. Do you have mIRC? I'll find you a thread about it in a minute.

Edit: Here it is. http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7&highlight=mirc

no access :rolleyes:

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Attached is the most current information about our IRC chat channels. This thread will be updated whenever changes are made. You will need to download mIRC (download here) (http://www.mirc.com/), or any IRC client that you prefer. As always, I recommend TRILLIAN (Download here) (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/), as it combines, AIM, IRC, MSN, ICQ and Yahoo all in one buddy list and interface. There are also customizable skins located here (http://www.trillian.cc/).

Server name:
irc.stratics.com:6668

Channels and Passwords:
#wsx- for basic guild related chat and TRIVIA!

#darkfall - General public channel for Darkfall players.

Nickname format:
[WSX]Aeneas

Basic Commands:
/nick [WSX]yournickname

/nickserv register password

The following commands can be added to your client start-up (separated by semi-colons) so you don't have to worry about doing it every time.

/nickserv identify password

This is important, as you will need to be identified with the server if you have been granted "Voice" or "Half-op" status. You should set your saved sign-on commands as follows:

/nickserv identify yourpassword; /join #wsx

/join #wsx
/join #darkfall

+V or "voice" status will be given to Duchy members only. Trial Members will recieve "Normal" Status.

There.

Dreign Swift
11-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Welcome to the forums, Iclarke.

Any idea what race you want to be? Playstyle?

Look forward to getting to know you.

Talfryn Emrys
11-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Well met Iclarke!

Good to hear from another WWII online player...Axis or Allies? :)

Clarke Blackbriar
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Playstyle? something stealthy and deadly, i'm glad they say there will be none of this invisible crap in Darkfall, true killers of the night do not need to be invisible

and Thordainne, I am an allied player, in the squad called the 101st Airbourne, if you have heard of us in game, we're the best :cool:

Dreign Swift
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
There.

I'm not sure, but I would assume there's a reason the IRC information is in the Boroughs, and if so, it should probably stay there. He could always be PM'd with the information.

Am I wrong?

Coronach
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure, but I would assume there's a reason the IRC information is in the Boroughs, and if so, it should probably stay there. He could always be PM'd with the information.

Am I wrong?

A few months ago I would venture to say that you're right. However, our clan IRC info has been disseminated among the Darkfall community enough to render any concealing of it useless. We have a strong enough moderative force in it, anyway, should the chat become beseiged.

Einar Tyrssen
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
A few months ago I would venture to say that you're right. However, our clan IRC info has been disseminated among the Darkfall community enough to render any concealing of it useless. We have a strong enough moderative force in it, anyway, should the chat become beseiged.

AKA Coronach is the law around those parts.

Dreign Swift
12-01-2007, 02:06 AM

Sounds good to me. Just being safe.