PDA

View Full Version : Visiting from another Kingdom

Saintish
11-29-2007, 03:20 AM
A Mirdian with long silver hair clad in a black and red greatcoat and a purple officer's cap strides into the reception chambers, he carries himself unlike one would normally expect from a Mirdian. He was more...rustic, if not sloppy; not the typical "Mirdian grace" by a longshot. His mouth hangs open with awe. and the thistle he was chewing on falls out.

"Damn, this place is noice." He comments in wonder.

"Greetings, people of Wessex, I am Field Marshal Lithos Venaihil'leanar, of the Kingdom of Serendipity! I come on my own as a visitor." He calls out.

((Not necessarily a response to your RP ambassador thread on our own forums; Lithos is just coming on his own, not as formally as you did.))

Radison McDougal
11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Greeting Field Marshal Lithos Venaihil'leanar, of the Kingdom of Serendipity! I welcome you to the Lands of Wessex. May are lands and people show you a Good time while you stay. Don't forget to make a stop by one of the taverns for a drink. I'm sure one of are lords will be with u shortly.(radison bows, and makes his way out side)

Saintish
11-29-2007, 03:40 AM
Lithos raises an eyebrow at the....page? He sighs, stretching to get the soreness out from a long ride. He spots a nearby fancy couch, looks around him suspiciously, and then sits down.

Komako the Hawk
11-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Koma smiles at the visitor who sits down after being approached by a newcomer to the Duchy. The Seeker lays a gentle and forgiving hand upon Radison's shoulder. "Radison," she draws a sympathetic breath, "...do your best to chat appropriately with foreign dignitaries, whether or not they are on official business. We represent His Grace, and first impressions should express his craftiness and splendor - which includes grammar."

The Seeker walks with the air of a Herald of His Grace's court to the recumbent figure on the couch and extends her hand in a gesture of friendliness. With the halcyon voice of a swam, she speaks to the visitor who she recognizes as Saintish from her own travels, "There is no need, friend, to be suspicious, or fearful within these chambers. His Grace expects honesty of His subjects."

A tender, but almost forced smile appears on The Seeker's lips as she peers at Saintish, reclining subjacent to her tall Mirdain self.

Saintish
11-29-2007, 04:04 AM
((Though do keep in mind my character's name is Lithos, but my forum name is Saintish. In retrospect, I should have named myself Lithos anyways. Ho hum))

Lithos looks at the Herald and grins. "With oll these fancy couches, it almost seems a croime ta sit in one." He pushes himself to his feet, bowing to the Herald. "You do seem....familiar, 'ave oI met ya before?"

Komako the Hawk
11-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Lithos looks at the Herald and grins. "With oll these fancy couches, it almost seems a croime ta sit in one." He pushes himself to his feet, bowing to the Herald. "You do seem....familiar, 'ave oI met ya before?"

"Yes, friend." The Seeker's eyes twinkle at the absent-mindedness of her fellow Mirdain. "We had the opportunity to meet each other within your own domain. I tell you, my name is Koma - surely you don't forget my humble self?"

Saintish
11-29-2007, 05:37 AM
"Ah...yes, yes, I remember now! Do excuse me, it's been a long ride, an' o'im quite toired." Lithos rubbed his eyes with his hand, trying to keep awake. "Pleasure ta meet ye, again, Koma. Quoite the place you lot have here. By the Throne, it's foncy, an' this be just the reception chambers! This Dutchy is simply marvelous! How do you manage to keep it this noice? Surely your wealth attracts raiders...."

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't feel like roleplaying.

HI SAINT!! LOL

Just dropping by to check or what?

Aiden Morild
11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
(( Welcome to the Boards, Enjoy your stay))

Saintish
11-30-2007, 02:54 AM
((OMG a Caius!))

((Yeah, sort of an unofficial ambassador thing, but this is a truly bitchin' forum/site/clan, me likes it lots))

Komako the Hawk
11-30-2007, 03:13 AM
This Dutchy is simply marvelous! How do you manage to keep it this noice? Surely your wealth attracts raiders...."

"Our fair Duchy consists of a large Garrison of over fifty volunteers. The rest of us participate in the military actively when we have the opportunity, but are not considered to be of Lord Aeneas's impressionable corps of elite, drilling troopers. Our fair Duchy also consists of twenty active Freemen, offering their services to His Grace to "noice up" and administrate various aspects of His Grace's land in exchange for release from serfship.'

'Yes, we attract raiders. The Seeker truthfully believes that many hate Wessex - that some sort of passionately loathing lies at the bottoms of their hearts. But Wessex is large and impressionable, with a small armada of influential diplomats and envoys capable of keeping other lands at bay, excluding the greenskins, dog-people, and cave-fvckers - such barbarians can't understand the notion of "diplomacy". If all passive confrontation fails, other nations of the elven, human, or shorter kind can taste our blades and those of our allies and friends."

((OMG a Caius!))

((You mean the strange irrational creature?))

Einar Tyrssen
11-30-2007, 04:33 AM
((OMG a Caius!))

((Yeah, sort of an unofficial ambassador thing, but this is a truly bitchin' forum/site/clan, me likes it lots))

Ah, how are things? How's Serendipity? Glad to see you :D

My computer crapped out, so I lost contact with a few sites. I either forgot in the mess of re-establishing myself or I don't remember the website and google turns up nothing.

Saintish
11-30-2007, 05:39 AM
((IC RAWR!))

((Fine, Serendipity could use more activity))

Marshal Lithos nodded politely to the Herald. "I see, quite the establishment ye got 'ere. So, I'm not 'ere on official business or whatnot; may I take up temporary lodging within your fair city here? I wish to see everything there is to see, and bring back a report of my travels to my King Zathris."

Komako the Hawk
11-30-2007, 06:06 AM
"...I'm not 'ere on official business or whatnot; may I take up temporary lodging within your fair city here? I wish to see everything there is to see, and bring back a report of my travels to my King Zathris."

"You are welcome and encouraged to explore the public areas of the Duchy. There is a certain amount of privacy within Wessex, as with any nation, but areas open to guests and visitors are free for the collection of information for a report such as your own you aim to bring back to your liege lord."

Einar Tyrssen
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
((IC RAWR!))

((Fine, Serendipity could use more activity))

Yeah, even Wessex is mostly inactive. If even half of the inactive came back, she'd be the biggest out there. Possibly.

Komako the Hawk
12-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah, even Wessex is mostly inactive. If even half of the inactive came back, she'd be the biggest out there. Possibly.

((I wouldn't call 85 out of 200ish a bad activity count...))

Einar Tyrssen
12-01-2007, 08:33 AM
*WOULD*

Yeah. Beat that.

Gavriel Venitiago
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Welcome Saintish!

Just a question: Was Serendipity created by accident?
...Bad joke

Bernardo dei Medici
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Hello to you of the Kingdom of Serendipity.

You and your kin are more than welcome to join us on our ventrilo server and even get a channel for yourselves if you feel it might provide a kick in the pants to generate some activity. We play some rounds of Civ4, AoE III, CoH, and whatever other games are up that night. We're also into Eve Online, some still in DAoC on a free server, and a few rounds in Rune here and there.

Whatever we can do to lend you a hand, just ask and we shall attempt to provide.