PDA

View Full Version : Hail, pleasure to meet you!

Hyu Garona
11-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Greetings, my name is HyuGarona and I'm a Tradesman of Sleggjaholl.

Even though I'm a Tradesman, handle money and my greed, I've also had my share of bloodshed in the past. Taking risks and putting my life on the line is the thrill of my life, whether it would be taking a shipment of gold across the raging sea or arguing with someone over prices, taking risks is my life pleasure.

On a less roleplay-ish note, my name is Nikolas, I'm 16 years old and I live in Finland. I'm studying Programming, Marketing and Customer Service in one of the most popular Polytechincs in Finland, also HyuGarona is my normal internet nickname which I use out of its uniqueness.

Pleased to meet you all. ;)

Dreign Swift
11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Greetings, HyuGarona.

Welcome to Wessex!

Click on your User CP, under "Miscellaneous" click on Group Memberships, then join the group "Thrall." Nice to see more of Caius's men making their way here :).

Chrono Veincrusher
11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm glad to see Sleggjaholl growing.
Welcome Aboard!

Manus Dei
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes indeed, hello to you. It's quite a welcome thing to see someone new from Sleggjaholl and a crafter as well nonetheless. How did you meet Sir Einar and find Sleggjaholl?

Einar Tyrssen
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Glad to see you could make it! You guys should listen to this kid, he's amazing.

Also, I may need to talk to you, your Grace. He's not a thrall in my guild, he's one of my personal cabinet. Burgess, I think, in the Duchy but I'm not sure as to what that would translate for Sleggjaholl. I'll do some more research, but for right now I guess that's a good rank for him.

Even so, Hyu is going to be the man in charge of building a massive trade empire.

Oh, and whoever made the Duke's sig is awesome.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Welcome :)
I've been havin a lot of fun here for the past 2 weeks, and I think you'll be happy.

Dreign Swift
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Also, I may need to talk to you, your Grace. He's not a thrall in my guild, he's one of my personal cabinet. Burgess, I think, in the Duchy but I'm not sure as to what that would translate for Sleggjaholl. I'll do some more research, but for right now I guess that's a good rank for him.

Even so, Hyu is going to be the man in charge of building a massive trade empire.

Eh...my apologies. Guess we'll need more groups, as Thane and Thrall are all that we currently have ><

In charge of building your trade? Sounds like he could be the equivalent of our Steward of Trade.

Duplicarius Dillingham
11-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy being at the Duchy.On a side note, is English your native language? because if it's your second, then your grammer and spelling is crazy good. I'm almost 16, and can barely speak Spanish as a second language. And also, aren't polytechnics like a college offering degrees, so wouldn't you already be out of highschool then?

Aiden Morild
11-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Enjoy Your Stay!

Radison McDougal
11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Welcome HyuGarona, I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have! I look foward to seeing your goods!

Komako the Hawk
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh, and whoever made the Duke's sig is awesome.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome, Garona.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
I look foward to seeing your goods!

... duchy after dark, eh? I say we make Radison the official welcoming committee. He seems friendly enough.

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 07:56 AM
... duchy after dark, eh? I say we make Radison the official welcoming committee. He seems friendly enough.

God, can you just cool it with the hormones? First that thing with scientology, now all your weird Duchy fetishes. Just..

Dude.

Dreign Swift
11-29-2007, 08:31 AM
God, can you just cool it with the hormones? First that thing with scientology, now all your weird Duchy fetishes. Just..

Dude.

ROFL.

Yea, that Scientology bit was just uncalled for...and leave Radison alone, he's a good guy. Me and Caius both bestow our recommendations on him for full membership (I declared it first, he just copied me).

Hyu Garona
11-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Ah, sorry that I haven't been online for the last couple of days, I've been busy with my school and hobbies.

Yes, English is my secondary language since I speak it at home, I prefer English over Finnish because Finnish is a very mixed up and hard to understand language, so I rather speak English since it's a bit more simple.

Well I think a "Vocational School" is the exact term, but I thought that a Polytechnic may sound more familiar, the only difference is that Polytechnics give out a bit more higher standard for studies, and so a higher degree as well.

I'm still honored to be the Leader of Trade in Sleggjaholl, I'll be seeing you around. ;)

Dreign Swift
11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, English is my secondary language since I speak it at home, I prefer English over Finnish because Finnish is a very mixed up and hard to understand language, so I rather speak English since it's a bit more simple.

Wow...

That's something new to me, I have always heard people exclaim how hard English is, so for you to say Finnish is significantly harder, even as a native language...that just blows my mind. No thanks to that language, lol.

Glad to see you may break the mold of "post once, then leave." No offense, Caius :D

Hyu Garona
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow...

Glad to see you may break the mold of "post once, then leave." No offense, Caius :D

Haha, well I try to visit forums as often as possible, but since I have so many which I do need to visit I may only visit once a day or few days.

By the way, who does all the awesome Duchy of Wessex sig's? They're blowing my mind away. :eek:

Coronach
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
By the way, who does all the awesome Duchy of Wessex sig's? They're blowing my mind away. :eek:

Welcome to our Duchy. As for our sigs, we have an elite team of heralds working 'round the clock to turn out the best signature banners available on the internet.

And occasionally someone will make one for themselves under the rigorous guidelines.

Dreign Swift
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
That would be our wonderful Heralds. There's a good few of them, not just one. Nira Nathair, Komako, Chrono, these are some of the more recently active ones. Komako did mine, and a great many other incredible sigs.

Edit: Gah, blast you and your fancy new sig! *shakes fist*

Coronach
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Gah, blast you and your fancy new sig! *shakes fist*

I and my santa hat shall continue to one-up you!

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I wonder if any of the Heralds can hook some of my crew up, you dig, holmes?

Bernardo dei Medici
11-29-2007, 09:30 PM
ROFL.

Yea, that Scientology bit was just uncalled for...and leave Radison alone, he's a good guy. Me and Caius both bestow our recommendations on him for full membership (I declared it first, he just copied me).

That scientology bit was Kanja and I only poked fun at Radison because he's a loveable rascal. If I despised him I would have edited his text to say something horrible. I'm a fairly transparent person :p

Einar Tyrssen
11-29-2007, 09:36 PM
That scientology bit was Kanja and I only poked fun at Radison because he's a loveable rascal. If I despised him I would have edited his text to say something horrible. I'm a fairly transparent person :p

Oh, riiight. We all heard it. Kanja just pointed it out.

Dreign Swift
11-29-2007, 10:15 PM

Yeh, I was there. Just overacting :)

Bernardo dei Medici
11-30-2007, 01:17 AM
It's not my fault ya'll are puppets of the liberal media and can't tell the difference between E-Hollywood news and a classic literary theme. :D

Einar Tyrssen
11-30-2007, 04:34 AM
It's not my fault ya'll are puppets of the liberal media and can't tell the difference between E-Hollywood news and a classic literary theme. :D

Hahaha.

The only thing I watch is Metalocalypse and the history channel.

Dreign Swift
11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
The only thing I watch is Metalocalypse and the history channel.

Hmmm...

How did I know you would like that program, lol

Too easy. :cool:

Komako the Hawk
11-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Odd.

You're in the Thrall usergroup mate, but still considered a guest. Forum bug?

Hyu Garona
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Odd.

You're in the Thrall usergroup mate, but still considered a guest. Forum bug?

That's what I was wondering, I believe I joined the group just as you told me from the Miscellaneous options in my User CP.

It doesn't really bother me, but could someone check up on it anyways, please?

Coronach
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
It had to do with his base user status. Had to put him in the base Member group also for him to be considered an actual member on the forums.

Komako the Hawk
12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
I wonder if any of the Heralds can hook some of my crew up, you dig, holmes?

We have a request thread that's always open.

Einar Tyrssen
12-01-2007, 08:32 AM
We have a request thread that's always open.

Not how I roll, cuz, not how I roll. You feel me?