View Full Version : Greetings from Fayore

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone! I'm happy to say that I've been accepted as a Trial Member. I can tell that The Duchy of Wessex will be a great experience and I hope to make great friends here :)

Now for a bit of information about myself.

Sex: Male

In my relatively short career with MMOs, I've been an avid roleplayer and explorer. Currently, I'm an officer in a pre-launch Age of Conan RP Guild as well as a member of an RP Kinship in Lord of the Rings online. My other love is crafting and mercantilism. I have belonged to a few "Trading Company" guilds in Everquest 2 and Vanguard which have been very rewarding to me.

If I am accepted as a full member, you'll problably see me persuing the career of a Burgess who is saving to purchase his own merchant ship! Maybe I'll even become a Baron.... Ahh, the possibilities! I love it :D

(edit) I'm going to play a human character, though I don't have any details worked out yet. Stay tuned for a character profile.

Anyway, good to be here.

Gunnarr Varghoss
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Hail Fayore, It is great to see you here with us. If I were you I definitely wouldn't worry about making new great friends, because its inevitable that you will!

Welcome!

Chrono Veincrusher
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Greetings Fayore!
Welcome to Wessex.

What kind of race will you go for inside DF?

Komako the Hawk
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome to Wessex.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Ah, that's a good point Chrono.

I'll be playing a human.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I personally recommend Fayore for full membership. Not that it really means much, more like getting a gold star in class. It just makes you feel that much more special ... or possibly not.

Either way, it is good to see the Grey Order making its way into DFO. Perhaps a few more of your comrades may want to join the ranks of the Duchy?

If there is wider spread interest, perhaps we can send several envoys to formalize relations and discuss further possibilities of cooperation.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Although the Grey Order isn't making it's way to DF as a whole, I'm sure that many of the members would be interested in checking out Wessex. (This could get me hanged, but I personaly think that DF is offering what many of our members are looking for in AoC... :eek: )

And thanks for the :gds: Brando, it does make me feel special.

By the way, the mail that I recieved from one of the Clerks said that I should email Reverend Father Destinova with my surname... I wasn't given any information on how to do that. Also, I was told to sign my name on the Beta slot thread, but I can't find that either...

Coronach
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Duchy!

By the way, the mail that I recieved from one of the Clerks said that I should email Reverend Father Destinova with my surname... I wasn't given any information on how to do that. Also, I was told to sign my name on the Beta slot thread, but I can't find that either...

You'll need trial member status before you can access that part of the forums. There's been a breakdown in communications between clerks and sheriffs in that regard so I don't know how long that'll take (bureaucratic process and all), but you'll find it as soon as you get that, I'm sure. Forum PM to Destinova would probably work just as well regarding the surname.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh, so all I need to do is wait for a Sheriff (such as yourself) to grant me Trial Member access.
And thanks for the other info Coronach.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Although the Grey Order isn't making it's way to DF as a whole, I'm sure that many of the members would be interested in checking out Wessex. (This could get me hanged, but I personaly think that DF is offering what many of our members are looking for in AoC... :eek: )

Soon enough they shall see the light same as the Republic has. I feel that my efforts of applying pressure to Garek need to be stepped up a notch. :D

Finnigan
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Greetings and welcome. Pleasure to meet you. :) Always nice to meet people held in high regard.

Beren Fiennes
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forums Fayore. Enjoy your stay.

Aiden Morild
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome, Enjoy your stay!

Oakk Haddock
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome!

We have a crafting company within Wessex, if your looking to craft. If not, find me if you need anything.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
That sounds great Avarice; you'll have to fill me in on the details!

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone :D

Chrono Veincrusher
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Lost Isles Trading Company (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1066)

Gavriel Venitiago
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks Chrono.

Avarice, I think that I might be very interested in joining the trading company, but I might be leaning more towards the career of a (shipping) merchant rather than a full-time crafter. But hey, I've got a lot of time to work things out :)

Tagrun Urit
11-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Welcome and Glad to see you here!

Komako the Hawk
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Well, I like this fellow. He gets a star from me as well.

http://character.pulaski.net/gold%20star.gif

Chrono Veincrusher
11-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Ohh.. It's a rare sight to see the Seeker taking interest in a new recruit!

Galan Askew
11-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Welcome! Wark!

Baned
11-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Thou hast my blessing, newcomer.

Thy attitude appeals to me, and I surely hope thou stay in the Duchy.

Art thou faithful to Our lady of light?

Chrono Veincrusher
11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
If you are into RP, Take a look in our RP section: The Bivouac Inn and Tavern. (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

Character descriptions (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1534)
Character backstories (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78)

Gavriel Venitiago
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
(Can't say I've read up on much Lore, but I'll get on that right away, Keltic!)

Tahnks Chrono

Zora Flynn
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the Duchy Fayore! I hope you like it here.

Duplicarius Dillingham
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Welcome! I too played vanguard for a little, but decided it wasn't for me.

I hope you enjoy it here

Gwar
11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Welcome aboard Fayore

Oprah
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Welcome!:p

Gavriel Venitiago
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to get started.

Einar Tyrssen
11-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Or Sleggjaholl.

If they're down with that. We're all on the same team.

Gavriel Venitiago
11-18-2007, 02:32 AM
By the way, I've totally overloaded my schedual with forums and games to follow, as well as a LOT of work, so I'll problably be absent...