PDA

View Full Version : Hey, just joined.

Mattimus
10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey guys. Just joined the clan today.

Not sure how active I'll be able to be on the forums right now. I'm living in a dorm currently, and the internet doesn't work well with certain sites. Of course, the wessex site is one of them, so i can only access it occasionally. I'll be living at home most likely around the middle of November, so it will all be fixed then.

Not entirely sure how I'm going to play this character yet. I want to see how all the different forms of combat are in darkfall. I think I'd like to try to hit the assassin rank in the guild, but I'm not sure if my character will use magic or arrows etc...

Oh, also, in the email from Destinova, it said to sign up on the beta slot thread. Which forum is the thread in? I couldn't seem to find it.

I think thats everything.

Thanks for the invite,
Matt

Chrono Veincrusher
10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Welcome to The Duchy of Wessex.

Beta Signup Thread (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178)
(You need access from our Sheriffs first)

Mattimus
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
After looking around at the forums, I don't think I'd really fit into this guild. I like the organization aspect, but there is a lot more RPing than I thought. I don't RP at all, so I'm going to have to remove myself from the guild. Thanks for your time and effort however. Good luck in darkfall, whenever it comes out.

Btw, you guys may want to consider a new site layout. Viewing everything, especially the forums in this little square is annoying.

Chrono Veincrusher
10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Actually a lot of us don't rp at all as it's totally optional.

Ah well, If you don't change your mind again.
Take care i guess.

Destinova
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Btw, you guys may want to consider a new site layout. Viewing everything, especially the forums in this little square is annoying.

Hahahaha, just open the forum in a new tab or window. http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/ <---- Or use this link if that's too difficult. Also roleplaying isn't mandatory. Lots of people here don't do it. There's a big difference between drafting a character backstory and pretending you're your character and participating in a real feudal government.

Oprah
10-12-2007, 04:17 PM
welcome..errrrrrrrrrrrr nevermind:confused:

Nira Nathair
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Hahahaha, just open the forum in a new tab or window. http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/ <---- Or use this link if that's too difficult.

Or at the bottom of the forum page, there's a link that says No Frames. (If you aren't in frames, instead there's a link that takes you to the framed portal site).

We have one forum that is for RP, and most of us don't even participate in that forum, His Grace the Duke included. There are some things He's written about When (and How) to Roleplay in the Fireside Chats and such that you will want to read before making a judgement about RP in this clan.

Yossarian
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Why would you join a clan and then read all the posts?

And obviously he couldn't of read through that much if he thinks there is a lot of RPing.

Spaw Kindred
10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I like the organization aspect, but there is a lot more RPing than I thought. I don't RP at all, so I'm going to have to remove myself from the guild.

I hear ya man, but hey think of it this way, if the stereo typing of RP'ers skill in PvP sticks to it, then you'll be at the top :D

Erwin Carius
10-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome...goodbye. Next time read up on what a clan is about before you apply to join it. :P

Just a bit of explanation -- roleplay here is more about adjusting yourself to a medieval society, rather than making up a whole character and personality that you go around pretending to be. Of course it differs from person to person, but we certainly don't have any such requirements.

Finnigan
10-12-2007, 08:26 PM
How unfortunate. Perhaps he looked at all of the various links on the left side before somehow reading over the forums. There are only a good handful of us that seem to roleplay. Much of which is confined to the RP section of the forum.

Hum. Oh well.

Leto Atreides
10-12-2007, 09:10 PM
"I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello" :)