PDA

View Full Version : *Walks by the guards knowing they wear fear like a shadowy veil over him*

Caine
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
*As I enterd the reception chambers I realized once again that every person in the room took a glance at me and and felt a fear they have never felt before. The fear is the unknown. The fear is not understandable. For I have lived almost my entire life like this... Being the creature... Being the one of the Necromantic Arts... It was never always like this... But to understand that, you'd have to go back... Back to when the death started... (Read Background Info) Trust is a gift not given yet I felt that I might have a chance at a new life here. I felt that maybe they would let me study my art in peace underground somewhere away from the general public. I would gladly give my life.. Many Times *Evily grins* to help defend their land. I Study the secrets of death. This is my gift, and my curse. What vile visions everyone must have of me. I'll show them... I'll show them that I can be of use. I can do more than they think. Then they won't fear me. *I grabbed a very sharp talon from my cold dark robes and dipped it in the ink and started to fill out all the required papers.* *I then walked away slowly out of the chambers secretly slipping into the darkness of the rain outside* Yes.. The rain of ages plot again to wash away revelation.*

Spaw Kindred
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
(( Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex :o! ))

Chrono Veincrusher
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
"Oh.. *a bit of silence* "Welcome to Wessex!" said the Dwarf behind the reception when the dark figure approaced.
"Thank you, you will be informed on the status of your application as long as you're within the city walls."
*Chrono takes the paper and put's it in the pile of applications, and then takes a quick look at it*

*Cough* *Walks outside to the man standing in the dark rainy alley.*
"Excuse me, Sir. Perhaps you ain't aware of this but Necromancy ain't all that highly reguarded in this city of light. Nevertheless we will still handle your application.
Good day to you."

Aiden Morild
08-13-2007, 10:47 PM
((Welcome Dude))

Dreign Swift
08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
*A cloaked figure is spotted from a great deal away making his way towards the main gate. An on-duty watchman observes him, making note of his strange dress and what could only be described as a heavy "presence" about him. After satisfying the challenge and reply sequence, the figure makes his way through the arches and begins conversing with a few people. The figure on the walls can only speculate on the man's intentions for the time being, but he is not without reason to trust his instinct and uncanny ability to read people. Oddities aside, the figure seems to be good-willed.*

Perhaps he seeks refuge here. These days there seem to be more and more reasons to seek a pledge, what with all the strange occurrences in Agon recently. Wait...what is this putrid and foul stench?

Ah. It is death, and this man does not just smell of it, he feels to be steeped in it. It's amazing how well a smell can recall past images so vividly--"dig them up," so to speak. Heh. This man seems to be impossibly different from any around these parts--possibly even representing a polar opposite to our Wessex. A man such as this...would he have the audacity to come here with intentions to become a part of Wessex?

Woah, stop yourself, Hagakure. You did not always judge people so, be careful that you're not taking on a "holier than thou" position from being among the upstanding and largely "righteous" citizens of Wessex for so long. Ignorance is your sworn enemy, and you well know it is possible to regress into ignorance, not just be raised into it.

*After a quick dissemination of information, the watchman is relieved of his duties and another assumes the post. Slinging his bow through and across his shoulders, he makes his way down to the gate with a few swift movements, just in time to hear confirmation that the man was indeed seeking a pledge.*

"Hail and well met, Caine. I am Hagakure Swift, an Archer of the Ducal Garrison and sworn protector of these lands. I think you'll find that not everyone here finds fear in the unknown or unorthodox. The way I see it, it's good to gain another fellow who is a bit outside the common "Morgaine, light and righteousness" caste, which is the dominating influence within Wessex. It's good to see one of your skill and persuasion showing interest in serving His Grace.

((I apologize that I have basically taken the liberty of somewhat introducing my own character within your intro thread...I guess it's just that I haven't been highly active in RPing him up to this point, and I saw somewhat of an opportunity to start doing so here :o. Welcome to the forums.))

Alexio Corbeille
08-15-2007, 06:00 AM
welcome.

you go by the same name on DF forums?

Caine
08-16-2007, 07:13 AM
*nods*