PDA

View Full Version : So I'm interested in conquering the world

Ragnar
06-17-2007, 08:06 AM
I've applied to join the Duchy of Wessex, and I am interested in the feudal government you are setting up. I think it will be, at least in the short term the most effective government form in Darkfall.

My personal goal is to start small and eventually, through diplomacy (and when needed, conquest) gain control over a decent area, mainly bringing order and law over portions of the game.

My best skills are in diplomacy, political actions and organizing laws and governments. Some may consider me ruthless, but I personally think I'd make a great addition to the team.

Chrono Veincrusher
06-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Greetings Ragnar.
I wish you well with your application, diplomats is always welcome in our ranks.
What other MMORPG games have you been playing before?

Komako the Hawk
06-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Blasphemy. It is the Heralds that will rule the world. Our beautiful arts will inspire even the most foul of dogs and greenskins to sing praise at our feets and serve us forevermore.

Aiden Morild
06-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Greetings, Enjoy your time with Wessex!

Topher der Jagermeister
06-18-2007, 04:27 AM
Welcome and please excuse Chrono for spelling your name wrong. heralds dont always pay attention to detail when it doesnt have to do with art work.:p

Ragnar
06-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I have played World of Warcraft as well as an old school MUD. I also tried DAoC and Guild Wars.

I've only played World of Warcraft for approximately 7 or 8 months. I have a small roleplay guild on the game, roleplaying an attempt to take back parts of the plagued northern portion of the eastern continent.

As for the MUD, it was the Wheel of Time MUD and I have played it off and on for seven years. For approximately 5-6 of those years, I have been playing a character named Ragnar, who gradually took power in a clan/guild called the Defenders of the Stone there. I also attempted to take over through diplomacy and warfare several other guilds. Unfortunately the mechanics were not really present, and this was futile (one of my biggest pulls to Darkfall)

While Ragnar is officially retired from politics on that game, I still put my hand in every now and again to try to make sure all the progress I made isn't lost.

I increased clan recruitment, wrote rules of conduct, laws and even a Constitution (which was not ratified, to my dismay).

Chrono Veincrusher
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Blasphemy. It is the Heralds that will rule the world. Our beautiful arts will inspire even the most foul of dogs and greenskins to sing praise at our feets and serve us forevermore.
Well, of course!
Still, he don't mention anything about arts so I'll recomend the diplomat path.

Welcome and please excuse Chrono for spelling your name wrong. heralds dont always pay attention to detail when it doesnt have to do with art work.:p
Art and the Duchy comes first, everything else second.