PDA

View Full Version : The new arrival and the Dedicated Craftsman

Gersendai Roman
06-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Hail, and well met friends!
I am a humble man who has been in search of a grand group to call my own.
I've decided to try Wessex and see how i like it; both it and its members.
By nature, I am quite fond of crafting, to say the least.
The vision: Crafting one extremely powerful weapon, and one very grand piece of armor.
naturally, dreams have long paths to travel. But the rewards at the end are better than you could ever imagine.
I stand here before you, friends, a simple man with a simple dream.
Not so much for a powerful formula, but for a clan to call my own, as I do that.
Crafting in general is my hobby... I will focus in mainly weapons and armor.
I will try to master the basics of all crafting eventually, but that will wait until after ive mastered my main trade :)

thank you for reading

Komako the Hawk
06-10-2007, 05:21 AM
The Seeker glances at the newcomer, and gives a subtle welcoming wink.

Elix Eviear
06-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Welcome, Gersendai. I think your decision on Wessex was the right choice. Enjoy your stay.

Gersendai Roman
06-10-2007, 05:59 AM
thank you Elix :)
*nods towards koma*

Manus Dei
06-10-2007, 06:00 AM
That's a sure welcome, Gersendai . Crafters - we need 'em. Legendary crafters? Even better.

Gersendai Roman
06-10-2007, 06:12 AM
That is indeed what I would like to do.
*bows before him with respect*

Thaddeus
06-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Seems like a swell find, I wish you well.

Beric Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the guild,
Here you'll be filled,
We ain't got no shit ass lid,
Here the skys the limit for Wessex,
Talk to members in Forums,
But if thats a bore
then you can come play,
EvE with some great group on Trranquilitay.

Aiden Morild
06-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Welcome to Wessex

Chrono Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Greetings, Gersendai.
A crafter you say?
As a fellow crafter, I wonder if you might be Dwarf material?

Nevertheless, Welcome to Wessex.

Gersendai Roman
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Ne, I would be that of the Human sort.
Well met, however, I have all good intentions towards friendly races and all who reside in this clan of Wessex!
For the blades I forge and armors I hammer shall be the strength and structure of our brave soldiers on the battlefield when needed.

Chrono Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I have all good intentions towards friendly races and all who reside in this clan of Wessex!
As you're new in these part of the world, I'll give you a piece of good advice.
Beware of the elf!

They may look harmless, but you never know what they are up to!

Komako the Hawk
06-10-2007, 03:34 PM
On the contrary, my former apprentice, Elves are quite harmless if you have the intelligence and keen nature to politely converse with one.

That being said, we are quite dangerous to drunken misshapen fools that would seek to downgrade the sophistication of Mirdainkind with crude jokes and whiskey.

Chrono Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 03:47 PM
That being said, we are quite dangerous to drunken misshapen fools that would seek to downgrade the sophistication of Mirdainkind with crude jokes and whiskey.
That would be Ale, Elf.

Komako the Hawk
06-10-2007, 03:56 PM
That would be Ale, Elf.

Watch your tongue, or I'll bend down to pull it out!

Chrono Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Watch your tongue, or I'll bend down to pull it out!
I'll let it be, for today that is.

Beric Veincrusher
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm not racist or anything, but Mirdain can't craft in Darkfall like Dwarves can.

Gersendai Roman
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
As long as I am here to craft, there are no worries ^.^

Beric Veincrusher
06-11-2007, 12:39 AM
As long as I am here to craft, there are no worries ^.^

Which (Online) games have you been a crafter in?

Gersendai Roman
06-11-2007, 01:58 AM
I have crafted in any games that have crafting systems (good ones)
one of my favorite systems is UO new or old
Other than that most crafting systems are too tedius, so im looking greatly forward to this system in darkfall.
its supposed to be (to my knowledge) a little complex, but not too simple like in WoW and supposed to be VERY customizable

Elix Eviear
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I have crafted in any games that have crafting systems (good ones)
one of my favorite systems is UO new or old
Other than that most crafting systems are too tedius, so im looking greatly forward to this system in darkfall.
its supposed to be (to my knowledge) a little complex, but not too simple like in WoW and supposed to be VERY customizable

Oh, how I miss UO! I used to be a pure crafter back in the day and it was actually really fun. Instead of getting involved with all the fighting you could sit around with your crafter friends. You learn a lot about the community and what players want. Not a bad path at all, but I don't think I'm doing it this time around. Never know, though.

Gersendai Roman
06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Yea, I was unable to play enough back in the day to learn how to craft on an advanced level in UO. I want to change that in DF and get involved in something for once.

Oakk Haddock
06-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Hello, welcome to your Trial membership with the Duchy, you seem friendly, and should do fine. All we ask is that you be yourself, play with us, and stay active on the forums or IRC. Simple enough eh?

I'm also a full-time crafter, used to love UO crafting until post-T2A. Tried doing a little in all the other games, but gamemakers either does too much, or too little with their crafting. I have high hopes for Darkfall.

Which brings me to my next point. A couple of us Duchy members are doing a crafting venture, may be your cup of tea, maybe not. You'll hear about us sooner than later I'm sure, so just keep the Lost Isles Trading Company in mind.

Chrono Veincrusher
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Hello, welcome to your Trial membership with the Duchy, you seem friendly, and should do fine.
In that case perhaps Gersendai could need a group membership update?

Grats if you get it Gersendai.

Destinova
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
He disappeared. Hasn't been around for five days. I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a joke. He would sit in #darkfall and RP forging weapons while people would flame him, funny stuff.

Beric Veincrusher
06-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Really quite sad that FrMerrin doesn't roleplay in the #darkfall channel, he'd be a real kick.

Oakk Haddock
06-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Glad we didn't get some wierdo in the ranks.

Aiden Morild
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM
He disappeared. Hasn't been around for five days. I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a joke. He would sit in #darkfall and RP forging weapons while people would flame him, funny stuff.mega-lol

Elix Eviear
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Well... cool. Nice find on my behalf.

*chugs a bottle of wine*

Silvius
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
fellow crafter.

Gersendai Roman
08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Im sorry about my disappearance, but its hard to stay 100% active when there are other things to do and things that get in the way.
I've been on a quest every day trying to find some other game to craft in in the meantime of darkfalls release...
So far, I have yet to find anything that comes close.
I will try to be a little more active, but I am not too big of a forums person, and that IRC is a hell hole from what I remember in past experience, and I'm sure it hasnt changed because people dont change... sad to say.
Anyways, I hope to have a well time as time goes on.

Aiden Morild
08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome Back

Destinova
08-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Heh, maybe I was wrong.

Gersendai Roman
02-17-2008, 08:03 AM
I hate bringing old topics back from the dead, but this is just me saying Hello again and I'm here to stay. :)
I never thought I was going to be gone forever either way I look at it.

Aiden Morild
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Welcome Back

Chrono Veincrusher
02-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I hate bringing old topics back from the dead, but this is just me saying Hello again and I'm here to stay. :)
I never thought I was going to be gone forever either way I look at it.

Welcome back, But i just want to know where you stand since you made a post on the DF board.

Being a freeman merchant of the Duchy is one thing. A solo merchant selling to whoever is another.

Before, I was planning on joining Wessex. Dont get me wrong, they are alright, but, I just don't feel right joining any specific clan. So, as a full-time crafter and merchant, I want to be able to make as many ties to as many clans as possible.

So, This is what I am here for... Because of my profession I am choosing to go about, I feel that I cannot join any specific clan for the sole reason of feeling restricted to who I would be able to sell my wares to. Although, I still want to be able to befriend as many clans as possible, because, any reasonable long-term/permanent merchant in this world will know that even with the slightest business sense, you need as many customers as possible and time is money. So, I want to see just how many clans members and leaders are willing to ally with a solo merchant.

Gersendai Roman
02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
If I am here, then I am not going about freely trading with enemies, if that is what you are thinking.

Chrono Veincrusher
02-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Good to know.

Gersendai Roman
02-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Now that I am back and here for good, I figure I need a goal within the government set forth, so in the long-run, I am personally aiming for becoming a burgess and at the absolute top of the list in my general area, Steward of Trade... Taking into consideration that would more than likely take a long time to be even remotely possible to obtain, but, I will be doing my best, so heres hoping for some good trade.

Komako the Hawk
02-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm glad you've chosen to work towards being the best and hope that you can achieve great things come Darkfall. The liberal spirit that drives people to be the best sometimes does exactly that - never lose track of what drives you to be a great crafter, but always be realistic on what you want to accomplish.

Welcome to Wessex. Again.

Gersendai Roman
02-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah, its not easy to get me down when I am so up. ^^
Ill find my path, one way or another.

Bernardo dei Medici
02-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Once you're set up and get nestled in, I think you may find that the Duchy of Wessex and the Republic of the Silver Sun have some appealing features that you won't find anywhere else.

Head on over to the Republic's community site and log in using the same username and password that you signed up on our forums with.

You can find the login here: http://www.silversunrepublic.com/soacio_login.php

Within our site you will find a contracting system and merchant licensing sytem. These two features will put us miles ahead of the competition.

We're integrating Wessex into our community platform so all those features there are open to Wessex members.

Oakk Haddock
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Hola, your active again, and I'm barely active, no computer. Good to see you back.