PDA

View Full Version : Current Title-holders and Office-holders?

Jonathus Feldgres
01-30-2016, 04:44 AM
So I've been reading through the Duchy of Wessex introduction book (http://duchyofwessex.org/pdfs/introduction.pdf) and there are a lot of titles and offices.

Is there a list somewhere of the current office-holders? I mean, I know you can see some next to people's name if they post to see their office and title but I am wondering if there is a current list of offices and titles and who holds them.

Francis Winterfell
01-30-2016, 06:03 AM
I would assume that when the server relaunches and they see who has returned, the clerks would have to put a list together that can constantly be updated as positions change.

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-30-2016, 02:49 PM
There is no list, though I have a project on the books to create one. Any such list has to be maintenance light though, which is always a sticky point. Keep in mind that it would actually need 4 pages: Social, Military, Clerical, and Employment.

My current thinking is to build one within Unity, pulling from a xml file that clerks can update through the tool.

Jonathus Feldgres
02-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Okay great. Thank you guys!

Varrick ChaosWielder
02-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Keep in mind the most recent (3-4 years) appointment to public office, as well as knighthood and above, are very public affairs. You can see those in the Cathedral, as oath's are always sworn in Church, so that it can be official under the eyes of god.

Jonathus Feldgres
02-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Excellent. Thank you Varrick.

Apoca Ailen
02-07-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but would it not be possible to create a public google document (that can only be edited by those invited to do so) that has the names, titles, and possibly even join date or some other useful information on it?

Name | Social | Military | Clerical | Employment | Join date

Something to that effect.

Azzerhoden Razeri
02-08-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm a bit late to the party, but would it not be possible to create a public google document (that can only be edited by those invited to do so) that has the names, titles, and possibly even join date or some other useful information on it?

Name | Social | Military | Clerical | Employment | Join date

Something to that effect.

Yes, but maintaining it would be a chore, and it would quickly fall out of date. My thought was to build something that would allow us to just use the current forum permissions that would update automatically. However, that would still be months off. So perhaps a google doc would be good for now.

Strike that - thinking of this more I think this would work very well.

Bernardo dei Medici
02-08-2016, 04:42 AM
I'm in favor of your original idea before you lined it out. I can script something for vBulletin fairly easily. Heck, I used to do forum mods for WSX all the time back in the day :P. We'd also use it in SSR and any future group forums so I'm down for putting it together.

Azzerhoden Razeri
02-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Sweet! My thought had been to output it from the forums in an XML format, then I can load them up into a Unity 3D web app. This would allow for an automated 'scroll unrolling' that would be as large as it needed to be.

Something in php that read the dynamically generated xml source would be easier to maintain though for future admins, should the need come to update the code.

Bernardo dei Medici
02-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Naw man, just do it through vBulletin and if you want some animations just use HTML5 that is fed through the vBulletin scripting for database inputs and whatnot. Light weight is the key, especially since the forums are crazy with bots and spiders (so is ours, sadly). Working on a script to shut them down while still giving the visitor/guest credit for the forums.

Azzerhoden Razeri
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Going back through my internal list of tasks to complete before the LIF MMO launch and am now on this. I think there are two tasks here, one for the general structure of the various structures in Wessex, and one for a member list. I've started the structure list in an excel document whose editable link I will post in the Ducal Court, and when there is some decent content the view enabled link here.

Bernardo dei Medici
04-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Are you doing it on Excel for the formulas and Excel-fu? I know a lot of that stuff isn't very mature in Google Sheets, but Sheets is much better for collaboration.

Azzerhoden Razeri
04-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Are you doing it on Excel for the formulas and Excel-fu? I know a lot of that stuff isn't very mature in Google Sheets, but Sheets is much better for collaboration.
One Drive (Microsoft). As I have the latest versions through my employer, I usually just edit in the full application. Plus, Google Spreadsheets has this annoying issue of making log out completely of my Azzerhoden.Raseri account to my Azzerhoden account depending on which google set of docs I am working on.