PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Service - Esquire Rhodri Taliesin to Sir Otto Osterwind

Rhodri Taliesin
10-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Here in these hallowed halls I doth declare my Oath of Service to Sir Otto Osterwind, Knight Bachelor.

Until he bid my leave or find myself in merits deserving, I vow to serve him his Esquire:

I solemnly vow upon my honor and all that I hold dear, that I shall humbly uphold the traditions and values of chivalry.

I shall offer my hand in friendship, not my blade to all who my Lord calls friend,
I shall be mindful of all lessons my Lord shall teach me,
I shall stand by my Lord's side in battle,
I shall know not fear or doubt in any task my Lord assigns me,
I shall hold no secrets in knowledge amongst my Lord's friends and allies,
I shall defend to the best of my ability the Church of Wessex and all her Holy people,

As a man I shall be honorable, fair and repentant, As a soldier I shall be valiant, unyielding and without fear, and as a servant, I shall be faithful, honest and exact.

All this I shall uphold until my dying breath, so I do swear it in the name of honor and valor.

~Rhodri Taliesin, Esquire.

Otto Osterwind
10-30-2013, 01:20 AM
I receive this Oath of Service. I will nurture his sense of honour and temperance so that he may always strive towards virtue and humility as well as all qualities of the chivalric code. By my hand and sword I will school him in the arts of war, both martial and strategic, so that upon his knighthood, should he be deemed worthy, there will be none to doubt his capability.

With his words spoken binding him in duty I will strive for as long as is needed to make Mister Rhodri Taliesin a man proper for knighthood so he may stand amongst us as worthy. May he be honoured for this privilege.

Signed,
Sir Otto Osterwind

Sir Levald Aurelius
10-30-2013, 03:26 AM
By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon the His Grace the Duke, upon Sir Otto Osterwind, upon Mister Rhodri Taliesin, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif

Levald Aurelius
Herald Emcee
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex