PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Minuvas Melphestaus
10-24-2013, 08:56 PM
OOC: Hey folks, I have been on and off in the Darkfall Community, I've been a long-time RP'er in the Neverwinter nights communities, and this would be the first time I've struck out into the MMO world. You may call me Steve, I'm a Cavalry Officer at Fort Benning, GA and I will be leaving for Ranger school soon, however I hope to make some introductory roads into this community and see where it takes me. I hope you will let me into your community, and hope this brief In-character description will give you some clarity as to my character.

IC: Minuvas Melphestaus, has had the rare opportunity to be well read thanks to Parents who emphasized 'the only way off the farm, is by the book' and reminded him constantly that in Wessex - one could make a way for himself given enough effort and successful deeds (Particularly absent, was the morality of those deeds - 'good' or 'bad' seemed less relevant than their success). This small bit he learned from his parents was well meaning, and it stuck with him well enough - during a tragic fire that claimed both their lives, Minuvas was taken in by the local Church where he was given an upbringing with God and duty the focal point of his life, to which he excelled. Standing at roughly 6'0 with blue eyes and brown hair, this average built man is well read and educated - though sweeping floors in the Church, and tending to books has left him weak in the sword arm. Though not all military ambitions are gone from the man, as Minuvas now strikes out into the world. As a man he has many choices, where is he guided? Does he pick up the mace and become defender of God and Country, does he pick up the book and become a caretaker of the faith - a healer of the sick, an educator to the neophyte? Wherever he goes, he is sure to carry with him the foundations of his character - Faith, Passion, and Disciplined Learning.

Minuvas Melphestaus
10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
OOC Note: This would be the first time I've roleplayed, in the MMO world.

Azidano Valkran
10-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Very warm welcome!

We practice practical role-play here, meaning that as long as you are filling a role, you are 'roleplaying' however the traditional roleplay is up to us how far or not we take it.

I see you are a faithful man. We have a religion within the guild called the Church of Soldeus, led by our Parson Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder.

Caldros Valkran
10-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Welcome, and Soldeus guard you!

Like Azidano said, alot of our 'roleplay' is simply taking on roles within the Guild and the character stuff is up to us. If you're interested in the Military side of things, you should join the Ducal Garrison. Right now a lot of us are playing Mortal Online, which is an MMO. Hopefully we'll see you on Teamspeak, and we can get to know you more.

Altus Whyte
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome, and Soldeus guard you!

Like Azidano said, alot of our 'roleplay' is simply taking on roles within the Guild and the character stuff is up to us. If you're interested in the Military side of things, you should join the Ducal Cabinet. Right now a lot of us are playing Mortal Online, which is an MMO. Hopefully we'll see you on Teamspeak, and we can get to know you more.

Ducal Garrison*

Caldros Valkran
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Ducal Garrison*

Thank you Altus. I wrote this late last night and was extremely tired. I corrected it. :)

Minuvas Melphestaus
10-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Is the Group more active on DF or MO?

Azidano Valkran
10-25-2013, 09:03 PM
I would say Mortal Online. Darkfall was a past... long forgotten to the pages of history now.

Minuvas Melphestaus
10-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, Roger that - guess I'll be heading to MO :).