PDA

View Full Version : Are Sea Battles a thing anymore?

Apoca Ailen
07-07-2013, 11:27 PM
As the title says. Since the resizing of the continents and oceans, are sea battles a thing anymore?

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-08-2013, 01:19 AM
They have them yes. One of the Clan's favorite pastimes is to go a pirating.
That said, the big ships with lots of guns are not in yet, or were just added.

Apoca Ailen
07-08-2013, 02:44 AM
They have them yes. One of the Clan's favorite pastimes is to go a pirating.
That said, the big ships with lots of guns are not in yet, or were just added.

I've been craving a game that allows for awesome sea battles lately. ArcheAge seems like it would be a great game for it, but that's still only available in Korea. So my only chance (as far as I know) is Darkfall ;_;

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
We were out fishing a couple days ago on a trawler, when a Coastal Runner came ripping up on us with several members wearing Dread Plate. We died fast.

That being said, was a great example of pirating on the high seas. :-)

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
We often go fishing and pirating, its tons of fun! Large groups of us too

Kavu Calmelat
07-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Oh? Pirating? Like attacking vessels on the high seas for their plunder or ship itself? Are these enemy guilds or just unlucky passerbys?

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Anyone not an ally is an enemy. :-D

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-13-2013, 04:47 AM
Both Zirus. Enemies and unlucky passerbys, sometimes both at the same time!

Wooster Redwood
07-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Anyone not an ally is an enemy. :-D
Wrong, give it a more positive spin!
Anyone not an enemy is an Ally!

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-13-2013, 04:43 PM
haha Sir Wooster! I love your positivity!

Casilda Tametomo
07-13-2013, 05:38 PM
*dies*

Passers-by?

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Aye indeed. I have declared Cairn to be Holy Ground, and to worship Soldeus' avatar taken form upon the Continent. In his infinite wisdom, Soldeus has granted us a way to purify our inner spark. And thus he sent forward Shorax, The Flame-Wrought, mightiest of Red Dragons! The faithful can withstand his fire, and it shall melt away their sin's. Those not so pure of heart... get a quick trip back home. But the infidels pillage our lands. All those who dare attempt to defy the Holy Grounds are enemies of the Faith. And thus we send forth Pirate ships to plunder all who dare approach our islands. Our mighty warriors patrol in large groups the island, ensuring the Faithful can pray in peace. Those that are not here for peace, find that they can leave in pieces. Small ones. Very small ones.

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Back from my trip to London (St. Albans actually) and I see we now have 2 new ships in game, both with multiple cannons. So ship battles are definitely an active part of the game. :-D

Apoca Ailen
07-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Are they still annoying to make? Nihilanth and I used to pillage sea villages to fund our ships while playing DF1 in Daneslaw. It was a thousand times easier to just save up money like that and buy them already built than to build them ourselves or through the guild.

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Right now its raining ship modules to make them :) So its easy as hell to get them, and we have a few ship builders in the clan.

Kavu Calmelat
07-23-2013, 04:07 PM
So basically the Reverend father came up with a loop-hole that makes being a pirating violent RPK perfectly holy and legitimate.
It's like the crusades all over again, except with boats so it's somewhat cooler.

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-23-2013, 05:42 PM
And that's why he is the Reverend Father.

Casilda Tametomo
07-23-2013, 08:07 PM
So basically the Reverend father came up with a loop-hole that makes being a pirating violent RPK perfectly holy and legitimate.
It's like the crusades all over again, except with boats so it's somewhat cooler.In a word, "framing".

And everything is cooler in boats.

Kavu Calmelat
07-25-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
Darkfall sounds fun.

Varrick ChaosWielder
07-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Yes, I spend most my time in the waters near the holy island... I guess you could say I hang out in the Holy Sea *laughs at the bad pun*

Kavu Calmelat
07-26-2013, 08:29 AM
If you Jumped off your boat you would be a Holy Diver.
I bet you sure enjoy painting the sea red and then parting it.
Oh jeez I best stop before I hurt myself.

Azzerhoden Razeri
07-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Oh jeez I best stop before I hurt myself.

Or we help. ;)

Casilda Tametomo
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU
Darkfall sounds fun.^^I think you meant to say...