PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment/Wessex video

Erwin Carius
03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I was thinking we could just take some fraps of all the games we play and upload it here, then someone downloads that and cuts it together and adds the Wessex Tune to it and then we have a video.

What do you think?

Surly von Fishbarrel
03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have any experience making graphical intros?

Chrono Veincrusher
03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Does anyone want to learn how to make graphical intros?

Erwin Carius
03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
How do you mean graphical intros? Are you talking scrolling text or world of warcraft animated intros?

I know Brando made a pretty nice trailer for us in gta with some effects on the intro.

Surly von Fishbarrel
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
How do you mean graphical intros? Are you talking scrolling text or world of warcraft animated intros?

I know Brando made a pretty nice trailer for us in gta with some effects on the intro.The latter of them, an animated logo.

Thirlan Tyrandor
03-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Sounds like something you'd do in a 3D program like 3DSMAX or Maya.

Beric Veincrusher
03-05-2007, 04:06 AM
I took about 30 seconds of me owning some rats in EvE, but during those 30 seconds I also got ganked by some enemy players, garr

Legatus
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
If I had video to work with I could use Premiere to whip up something. All I would have to do is install the program again. I am a little rusty but I still remember what I need to. Other than that just advice on what you want me to do. Get back to me thanks.

Surly von Fishbarrel
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
You got the videos ready to upload thyroid?

Erwin Carius
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
You got the videos ready to upload, dear Thyreus?
I have a lot of random fraps but I'll take some better with more Wessexians in it when I can.

Legatus
04-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Just restating what I said before, its been a while. If you guys give me some raw video of Wessex members in games I can start to make a recruitment video. My difficult classes are comming to an end and I will have some time and I am familiar with Adobe Premiere. I am not sure if i should post elsewhere to get the raw video but I figure here is a start =P

Surly von Fishbarrel
04-26-2007, 07:52 PM
If I had any videos, I'd be piling them on top of you right now.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Here's an -ish video. Just a sample of something that I roughly tossed together.

Let me know what you think. I can try to do some more 3D-ish graphics for the text and render the sword and stuff as well.

I can also drop the pics in the beginning. Couldn't think of anything else to use as filler.

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/brando/WSX/wsxintro_sample.wmv

Sayton Reinhardt
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Nice!
I like the images in the beginning, but maybe some text over them would give them a purpose. Something like the texts you use to see in movie trailers perhaps.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Trying to animate the rose with little results. I even pulled out the video camera and did some motion capture with a few different objects. So far it looks worse than the rose being stiff :p

Manus Dei
10-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I like the way the words in Duchy of Wessex come in. Maybe have the orb and sword shoot in straight, then the rose just fade in, then the lens flare appear. Let the objects be props that appear after the text comes in from all sides.

Erwin Carius
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
The rose and sword and all coming together made me think of Monty Python, but it looks really good. :)

Bernardo dei Medici
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Great minds think alike :D

I have the sword coming straight in from the left as if its being sheathed in the rose below Wessex.

I'm also adding some flame animations. Flames are always cool, right?

Bernardo dei Medici
10-08-2007, 10:31 PM
New remastered (uhhh sorta) version:

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/brando/WSX/wsxintro.wmv

Chrono Veincrusher
10-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I like the results.
Keep up with the good work.

Manus Dei
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
lol That's actually pretty damn good...

Really damn good.

How about change "form the mortar from which" to "form the mortar with which" because form and from confuse the eye for a moment...

Maybe you can add some sounds of horses whinnying and snorting in between the text?

And can you animate the lens flare? There are some premade animated lens flares on flashkit.com . You just drop the little scene into the larger movie at that place.

Really great intro. What's gonna come after this? What is this a segue into?

Bernardo dei Medici
10-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Alrighty, did some tweaking and I think it turned out much better. Added one of the images back in with some warfare sound in the background in between the text.

Modded the lense flare just a bit so that it flows a little more smoothly.

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/brando/WSX/wsxintro.wmv

Not really sure what will come of the rest of it. People asked for a graphical intro so I figured I'd give it to em :P

Maybe I'll take the drill videos and put them in with this intro.

Chrono Veincrusher
10-09-2007, 12:33 AM
It wouldn't hurt to extend the period the first and second intro text is being aired. Right now you don't have time to read it all with a bit of margin.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Done.

Thirlan Tyrandor
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Everything is good except I think you should pick a different background music. That song has been used in SOOO many movie trailers and other various productions that it makes it too clich? for use.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Everything is good except I think you should pick a different background music. That song has been used in SOOO many movie trailers and other various productions that it makes it too clich? for use.

Awwwww ... yeah, I tried to find some other song, but I couldn't remember what the title was so I settled for this.

Manus Dei
10-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Sir Thirlan, can your brother finish the face of my character's portrait? If he does, I think including his paintings as a kind of montage in the rest of this movie would make something really incredible.

Zora Flynn
10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Very nice work, Brando!

Thirlan Tyrandor
10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Sir Thirlan, can your brother finish the face of my character's portrait? If he does, I think including his paintings as a kind of montage in the rest of this movie would make something really incredible.

I'll talk with him about that your Grace... I think he may have dozed off.

Servus
10-12-2007, 11:09 PM
give me some time and i may do more things for your intro other then just a portrait. As it stands my days are slightly occupied so to speak, but given two weeks i may be able to bring forth some roughs if you wish. Bear in mind that i do not do 3D work.

Surly von Fishbarrel
10-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I just saw this thing, and I'm with Thirlan on the whole background sound thing. That shit is so cliche it makes saying "Don't have a cow, man" seem stylish.

Manus Dei
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Brando, why not try using the second movement of Carmina Burana instead of the first? It has the same passion, it's just not as played and recognized.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I was originally intending this just to be an example, but hell ... why not ...

I suppose if I used the 300 soundtrack people would be even more offended, or not?

Manus Dei
10-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, 300 was way too popular.

Bernardo dei Medici
10-15-2007, 03:20 AM

I just saw this thing, and I'm with Thirlan on the whole background sound thing. That shit is so cliche it makes saying "Don't have a cow, man" seem stylish.

Okay ... so any recommendations?

I tried the second movement of Carmina Burana and its not working out too well.

Manus Dei
10-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Kyrie from Mozart's Requiem?

Bernardo dei Medici
10-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Okay, hopefully this one will whet the appetites of the hungry mob:

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/brando/WSX/WSXvideointro.wmv