PDA

View Full Version : Claimed Long March

Valens Bellator
01-01-2013, 02:23 AM
We managed to grab Long March before it was taken tonight. While I know some people are waiting for the persist bug to be fixed, Tasos did say it may be a few days before the next wipe, and this would be an excellent opportunity to explore Long March a bit.

Perhaps we can determine whether or not the walls surrounding that sapper's tunnel are functional? It won't be easy to accomplish before the next wipe but it can be done.

*EDIT* Evidently you can't begin work on the walls until quite a bit of the city is developed which, unfortunately, is unrealistic progress for us to make within a couple of days. The focus has therefore shifted to crafting gear and PvPing.

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Sooo...... that may not be entirely correct. :D

Valens Bellator
01-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Someone's uncle must have kicked the bucket... ;)

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-01-2013, 07:23 AM
It's raining gold, stone, and lumber. I'll only take cover when the building blocks start falling out of the sky

Valens Bellator
01-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Alright so we have plenty of wood, iron, and gold, but we're way behind when it comes to stone. If anyone has some time to kill over the next day or so and wants to afk harvest be sure that you focus on stone so that we can continue to construct more building modules.

I don't know if we'll get the keep up tonight but we're damn close at the moment.

Manus Dei
01-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Congratulations guys. How did global react? And have any other guilds claimed cities? Someone get a post about this up on the DF forums, stat. Also, take note and record who was involved with the claiming.

Valens Bellator
01-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Actually most of the cities have been taken by now as once you reach 5000 dominion points you can simply walk up to a vacant clanstone and claim it. In a way, then, everyone in the guild was involved as we all worked to get our dominion up.

A few things were said in global, but not much. It seemed like many guilds were reaching 5k dominion around the same time, so cities were going quickly by then and it was easy to miss the tiny little notice that pops up for a second informing the server of the new owners.

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I'll add that actually getting things up on a city is a running joke in the game, as clans are using the database sync / persistence issues to reproduce resources. At one point last night the decision was made last night by the only two officers on to not build up the city past the bank because of the upcoming wipe. However, with the abundant *duping* going on in the game right now, the call was made to build up the city as much as we can to see if the gaps in the wall still existed.

Valens Bellator
01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Evidently if you have items on you for about an hour, bank them, then relog you'll generally start with them in your bag again, thus duping them. It's been reported a thousand times over in the beta forums and is connected to the persist bug issue, but given a wipe is incoming it seems Aventurine doesn't really care that the entire server is duping items.

Proximo Coriolanus
01-02-2013, 11:13 AM
There is a inner wall in longmarch that completely encircles the tunnel with no break in it. 2 gates in the outer wall which require building separately from the wall and gates are in. There are glitches with walls we have started to find where you can run jump and other movement things with the skills to scale them.

Valens Bellator
01-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, the main issue is there's a perfect slop above the exit of the sapper tunnel that allows for people to leap over the walls using either Dash or Stampede. Based on what I've seen from the other cities I've visited, though, this may prove a problem for many of them.

Hopefully they alter those skills to adhere them to the ground as they dash forward.

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
You can also get on top of the fighters guild (where I am currently AFK macroing), by going up the walls and the tower, then jumping down onto the roof of a house, and from them using Magma Bomb to life myself up into the air.

At the moment I am crouched and casting, so I don't think any raiders can see me from any point in the city. Please don't go up there and kill me, otherwise I'll be down at the stone and easy meat. :-)

Hopefully I will hit level 100 today in self heal. I thought I saw some spells for the next level I'd like to check out.

Logan Larion
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Nobody else thought it was odd that Long March got up and walked fifty miles south east? I spent 15 minutes looking at unholy wars map trying to figure out where Longmarch would be if it still existed and what flattened it.

Valens Bellator
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Haha yeah they've reduced the size of the world and moved many of the cities/hamlets around.