PDA

View Full Version : Servers up!

Audin Cardew
12-28-2012, 03:18 AM
log, play kill go go

Manus Dei
12-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Is this the build with the item loss fix or is this the build that they are gonna wipe again in a few days?

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 07:04 AM
The build they are going to wipe.

However, I have discovered something that may be better for us then hitting Chaos Chests. The treasure chests appear to be tied to the character, so potentially any number of characters can hit them and get gold. The amount is random, so if we hit them in mass, we may get enough gold to start the guild right then.

They also apparently set a random respawn timer. It is posted they can refresh as often as 20 minutes. I have a macro running that goes through the common 5 spells, then hits the F key. I let it run for 2 hours while I watched a movie and picked over 1,000 gold.

Amethys Aurelius
12-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Sounds cheating to me even it wouldnt be against rules.

Kyrendis Varen
12-28-2012, 01:52 PM
If it isn't against the rules, it is not cheating, it is tactics. And its effectively an arms race, all the other sides will be doing whatever they can to get an edge, and if we do not we will be left behind.

Azz: Do you have locations for some of these chests? Are they static?

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 02:16 PM
They are static. There is one in the back of the zombie temple near the starting human city.

There is also one in the bottom of the mine shaft in Idawoll.

I also ran my macro over an armor chest last night and picked up a few things that I was going to note the stats on. I was hoping for some spell caster gear, since it appears there are two tiers missing from the crafting recipes. No luck there, but I did pick up a Leanspar shield. Requires 120 strength to wield. :)

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Sounds cheating to me even it wouldnt be against rules.

I can understand how my brief post may appear to be taking advantage of a bug or something if you haven't had a chance to be in beta yet. Here's what they are: AV has put these Treasure Chests in spots in the protection areas (possibly elsewhere but I have not seen them yet). They give a random amount of gold, and have a random refresh rate. The chest I just hit gave me 4 gold. In general they are designed to add a bit more reward for those who explore or hunt mobs. I just sat over one testing it while I watched a movie.

The results is that out of a maximum of 6 refreshes (and as few as 2), I picked up over 1K in gold. Therefore, if we all hit the chest there is a good chance we can get the guild started right away.

After that, I am still not sure how valuable gold is, except for crafting goods. I tested buying a spell yesterday with prowess points, and was successful. And I discovered that you can make the elemental dust using gold, sulfer, and mandrake. A success gives you 4 dust, where as the same amount of gold only buys you 1 from a vendor.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 04:35 PM
NA Server is now down. It was in Admin mode for a few minutes prior to going down, so this may be the patch.

No word yet on the DF forums.

UPDATE: Now in admin mode

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Official Word:
----
A patch will be going in tonight, our ETA to be up and running is about one hour. Servers are wiped. There are temporary fixes in this patch which take care of some persistence issues. These are hopefully enough to avoid wiping until a permanent fix in the form of the persistence system completely re-written is implemented. This is a major task and should take a few more days, we weren't able to finish it by today as we hoped to.

This is what's in the patch:

Fixes for some client crashes
Various GUI fixes
Various fixes to server persistence
Some animation fixes
Various fixes to the world
Various adjustments of environmental sound

We'll keep you updated with any new information.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=349215

Longclaw Ferraal
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Sounds like good news overall, except for the new wipe in a few days part, but a few days is longer than the 24 hours we had last time. Hopefully the temporary persistance fixes work.

Servers are now up!!

Amethys Aurelius
12-28-2012, 05:45 PM
But then is the questions is it worth it to do in beta, than in release. since its all going to wipe for release anyway?

Altus Whyte
12-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Is it worth grinding dominion for a couple of days until the wipe? We need 5k and that's quite a bit.

Would be nice to get the entire kingdom into one clan after next wipe just to get 5k.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I believe that is the plan. I don't really think of it as a grind, as I would rather play in this game then any other at the moment.

The purpose for getting a city i Beta is to make sure we have the kinks worked out now rather than after release.

Longclaw Ferraal
12-28-2012, 07:14 PM
It appears that the Imperium guys made a clan for the entire Kingdom, 1st on the Server too!

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Kingdom of Hyperion is up!

Audin Cardew
12-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Sweet. Be on after work!

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Now we just need Brando or His Grace on so that we can get *approval* to get withdrawal access. Going to be hard to build dominion when paronoid about losing stuff to crashes or not getting it out to craft.

Longclaw Ferraal
12-28-2012, 09:25 PM
They gave me full vault access and I didn't even have to ask 0.o.

Valens Bellator
12-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Now we just need Brando or His Grace on so that we can get *approval* to get withdrawal access. Going to be hard to build dominion when paronoid about losing stuff to crashes or not getting it out to craft.

Didn't this patch fix the persistence bug? I imagine they'll be wiping again shortly if not.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-28-2012, 11:37 PM
It said several days, which may put it out until next Wednesday or Thursday.

As of this writing we have 690 in Dominion.

Valens Bellator
12-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Ah darn, so a wipe is a week away?

Manus Dei
12-29-2012, 05:25 AM
If it's a week away, it's better than a few days. No worries, guys - you'll get lots of attention on the DF forums for aggregating together so fast and raising dominion so high...

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Your Grace, when you get a chance, can you have a chat with the Imperium leadership to pull their collective head out of their ass? Apparently the Duchy members have to get your acknowledgement that we are legitimate players to get access to the clan bank.

Altus Whyte
12-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Since Manus is technically the only executive leader in WSX at the moment it's perhaps to be expected that they want him to confirm everything. We do need to get some of our highly active players confirmed as trusted when it comes to these kind of matters though.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-30-2012, 02:59 AM
I believe Prox has gotten everyone access now. Apparently the issue was that someone Imperium gave access to (new recruit) ripped them off.

Valens Bellator
12-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Aye, they were engaged in rather aggressive recruitment and one of their new members wound up stealing the entire guild bank.

Manus Dei
12-31-2012, 06:49 AM
It really should be acceptable that any knight of Wessex has demonstrated enough involvement and sincerity in the clan to be trusted to make decisions in my absence, let alone have bank access. Imperium just hasn't honestly done their homework about how Hyperion works, and we are partially at blame for not fully explaining things to them with how quickly this beta came upon us.

Proximo Coriolanus
01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
We got it sorted out quickly enough, some of you guys grind to much =P I didn't really log in the first day it came up again but within 2 days we got it fixed. They are not unreasonable people. We accomplished quite abit this go around actually.

Azzerhoden Razeri
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
This dupe bug has made it possible to get a good idea on what it will take to create a city as well. Also fighting in average gear using pots and food, what the guard towers are capable of, permissions around members, and more.