PDA

View Full Version : Your Beta Experience

Ray Zor
12-19-2012, 01:06 AM
So I thought Id start this thread for the future posts it will hold.. Sadly i have yet to even create a character. I work to much!!! UGGG lol. Hope they get the severs up soon.

How is your experience so far? Anyone even been able to play?

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Network timeouts, log in server down, queues. Got in game once, fixed a problem with my mouse http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=341758 then crashed to desktop and have not gotten back in.

Manus Dei
12-19-2012, 04:33 AM
After the patch, it will show "waiting for queue, waiting for eta" - don't keep clicking "start playing". If you wait long enough, eventually it will change to a queue number when you reach about #50 or so...

Kalith
12-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Been in the game for about a total of 30-40 minutes so far, my first impressions of the game are very positive, especially glad about the new UI

Kyrendis Varen
12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
I was in for 3-4 hours. I managed to get some exploring done, a little combat, and pictures with screenshots of the entire map and the locations of clanstones.

Kalandros
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
SSR is having minimum to moderate success in beta so far. Experiencing the bugs and login issues that are plaguing the early beta. A few people have been able to explore a little more and experiment with resource gathering.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Someone in the Hyperion Teamspeak mentioned a city (believe the name was Bannoc) was now a swamp.

Kyrendis Varen
12-19-2012, 07:17 PM
That was me, and it was Brockmore.

Valens Bellator
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
All of my favorite cities, such as Long March, Andruk, Aradoth, and Alberworth are still in the game, so I was happy about that.

I forgot to confirm it but I've also heard that Gulghat does still exist but has been moved.

Audin Cardew
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately the the bug when you lose all your stuff is still prevalent. It may be frusterating but until it becomes stable. I would concentrate on smaller things like getting used to the UI system and doing some exploring would be better than farming resources etc. Or perhaps doing some PVP with just your noob stuff on. Would be good practice at least.

Altus Whyte
12-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Getting mounts and scouting the far away lands would be a good thing to do. (Mounts are quite easy to get, you just need to whack some bushes, skin some trolls and mix it all together in the alchemy pot; out comes a pig that you can ride.)

Audin Cardew
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Whats the recipie?

Altus Whyte
12-20-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm currently farming a bush in sandbrook, got lucky, already have my first herb just 20 cottons in.

Whats the recipie?

1 steedgrass, 1 lesser anima, 20 gold coins.

Grandmaster Flash
12-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Good to hear that they made mounts easier to get. Unless you were farming wildtribe mages or oaklords, steedgrass used to be hard AF to get.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Started running around the EU server, found 2 chaos chests, one with 52 gold, the other with 233 gold plus a treasure map. :-)

Proximo Coriolanus
12-21-2012, 04:02 AM
I got like 60 cotton without getting any steedgrass...

Manus Dei
12-21-2012, 08:02 AM
I got two steedgrass just from killing trolls. Then I watched trolls kill a guy and got his mount.

Valens Bellator
12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I got two steedgrass just from killing trolls. Then I watched trolls kill a guy and got his mount.

You know, when Beowulf pretended to be sleeping so as to observe Grendel's tactics as he devoured poor Hondscio, he simply maintained afterward that he was, indeed, sleeping. You ought to invent a similar story for such encounters; the scribes need something to write about, after all!

I'll just assume you won the mount following a difficult, brutal encounter.

Altus Whyte
12-21-2012, 01:58 PM

How many trolls and what kind did you kill?

I killed about 40 regular ones by Sandbrook and only got onions and potatoes.

Audin Cardew
12-21-2012, 02:04 PM

I have actually gotten 3 steed grass (2 I was able to save for clan bank) from the goblins camp.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM

These were the southern trolls of Sandbrook. I have dealt with the northern trolls of Sandbrook as well, and found them to be stingy as well as snooty. The southern trolls were much more hospital.

Orov Senjak
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
I haven't been able to play much due to work/baby but to me it seems so far from finished. I know someone said they liked the new UI but I find it far worse than before. Its even worse than Mortal Online (which I have to say shows just how much I don't like this one). My frame rate and everything has also been pretty bad but I can mostly attribute that to the fact the game is in debug mode and my system may not be as powerful as it needs to be but I definitely don't see this releasing when they said it would.

Manus Dei
12-23-2012, 09:53 AM
If you're in game, don't forget to send an application to the clan. While you play and gain feat experience, that experience boosts the whole clan and speeds our ability to take a stone, so the sooner you get accepted before going out to play or harvest, the better.

There are some things I find improved this time, and they are:

the UI - the two radial wheels are very convenient. Once you get used to it you can switch quickly between the things you need and stay keen in a fight.

The new class balance. It actually gives a "role" system to combat, and as far as the duchy is concerned, it does more: it gives a reason for there to be bowmen and footmen, and even cavalry. Skirmishers get tremendous advantages with ranged weapons, and I could see a reason for a very skilled one to be considered a ranger. Also, while swinging from a mount, damage is potentially 4x more, which finally gives a reason for Wessex heavy cavalry.

The ability to receive revenue from "tenants" on player housing. There are plots without clanstones that we always wanted that could serve as knight's fiefs or boroughs.

There are some annoying things that haven't improved, though, and for me those would be

Long March still has a tunnel going right under its walls. Not taking that this time.

Mounts are still "craftable" and collapse to a figurine.

PVP, although a bit more clever and based on powers and abilities now, is still horribly timed. You will never be able to block before a hit registers. Blocking is only for approaching archers or tanking.

Valens Bellator
12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
The problem with those "tenants" is whoever happens to find a house deed can claim those houses and the controlling clan has no say in who actually lives there.

As for Long march, I suspect those walls surrounding the tunnel will indeed keep people out. Hopefully someone (if not us) will take that city this beta and build those walls so that we can test it.

Manus Dei
12-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I remember it had those walls around the hole before, and, just as before, we were sure that the developers would have provided a way to seal it off. But no, there are just open walls at that part.

Azzerhoden Razeri
12-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Someone posted (which means it may not be true), that the radial arms were designed this way to stop mages from macroing their attack sequence. I don't see how it is much different then the traditional hot key layout, but I do like it.

Proximo Coriolanus
12-25-2012, 06:09 AM
I suggest asking a developer about Longmarch instead of wasting time building it ourselves just to see. We can 'test" city building in any other city we wish, Brando mentioned there's possibly no starting cities in Mirdain/Alfar lands so we could have free reign out there.

Valens Bellator
12-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Aye both areas are lacking in starter zones.