PDA

View Full Version : Darkfall Online: Unholy Wars DELAYED

Zyconnic Wolfe
11-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Find the thread here (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=332990)

Kyrendis Varen
11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Raise your hand if you saw this one coming.

http://www.theresourcetank.com/wp-content/uploads/raised-hands.jpg

Gavriel Venitiago
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank God.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
As sad as it is, this actually helps us TONS. With Planetside 2 releasing on the 20th it would have been quite a distraction, but now pushing the game back almost a month means we'll have a ton of people looking for something else to play once the newness of PS2 wears off. That will push our release roster up exponentially plus we'll have a ton of other actives around to pull in.

Kyrendis Varen
11-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh yes, it is great for us. But it was predictable.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
We had actually planned the community game release schedule around it knowing how likely it was lol.

Valens Bellator
11-14-2012, 06:50 PM
You all must be mistaken. In the decade that I've followed Aventurine they've been nothing if not timely and prompt.

Kyrendis Varen
11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
You all must be mistaken. In the decade that I've followed Aventurine they've been nothing if not timely and prompt.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1345612799016_9113851.png

Manus Dei
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Heheh... Glad that we not only knew it, but counted on it. I'll be finishing up this term nicely, then.

Passed my clinicals, by the way.

Aethelric Brandt
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Congratulations, Manus!

The delay is really nothing but good news. The game clearly needed more time, and we could still stand to do some more organization before launch. Many of us be more effective after the school term ends, as well, as Manus mentions.

They're promising more information on the game before launch.. which would be promising from any other company. Still, any bit of information will help us be more effective on day 1.

As sad as it is, this actually helps us TONS. With Planetside 2 releasing on the 20th it would have been quite a distraction, but now pushing the game back almost a month means we'll have a ton of people looking for something else to play once the newness of PS2 wears off. That will push our release roster up exponentially plus we'll have a ton of other actives around to pull in.

You guys will be playing PS2? Which server? I think we have at least three Wessex people who want to play at launch, maybe we could join up. Would be nice to do something other than solo for a change. :)

Bernardo dei Medici
11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
We haven't decided on a specific server yet, but I think we'll be on something West Coast. Our PS2 section is pretty large and we've been doing some streaming channels on Twitch.tv with a few different groups.

I'll actually have my own Twitch.tv and "radio station" up and running here shortly as in this week some time. The guys over at ApocTV and MMOSmackTalk set me up to have my own system to do my own streams. I plan to run my content through the MilitaryGamers.com Network and pull in a few other providers to give us a constant internet radio station -esque stream. I'd love to get some Hyperion content on there too. I have plans to pull in a lot of different vendors and outlets to do up a solid stream.

Kyrendis Varen
11-15-2012, 01:20 AM
I will join you in PS2. Good times in that game.

I miss Galaxies actually having spawn and shields.

Valens Bellator
11-15-2012, 01:41 AM
I'd love to join you all in PS2 as well. Been waiting for that game for a damn long time.

Bernardo dei Medici
11-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Hop on our TS3 server: teamspeak.militarygamers.com We run squads from time to time in PS2.

Valens Bellator
11-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Just tried it out and it seems pretty fun. I could do with a few less slopes and mountains surrounding every base, but I've admittedly not seen much of the game yet.

Aethelric Brandt
11-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Depends on which continent your on, and where you are on that continent.

Azzerhoden Razeri
11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
I'll see you in PS2. Would be on right now except I saw there was another 2g update. :-(