PDA

View Full Version : Darkfall Skill Gain x20 ... yes, x20, Grind Gone! Oh and Reduced Sub Fee @ $9.95

Bernardo dei Medici
07-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Darkfall now only costs you $9.95 per month with no client purchase price. Skill gains are now boosted to x20 until Darkfall 2.0.

Now is the time to rally around a Wessex banner and join the Silver Sun Republic in Darkfall in rebuilding Hyperion with a solid foundation for Darkfall 2.0.

No more skill grind? Village timers at 6 hours? Sea Tower ticks doubled? How can you not jump into Darkfall with the Duchy of Wessex?

Lots of EU players are on the NA server and have reported no ping issues. All the NA guys played on the EU-1 server on release and it was playable, so join us on NA and rebuild the glory of Wessex and Hyperion!

Duncan Blackmoor
07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
i'm a bit confused about the EA/NA server thing. Does anyone know what the server population is on each server?

I kinda hate they split it up... but we need to find out where wessex would go when/if we go back to darkfall. So that when i decide to resub, i know where to go.

Julian Masno
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm looking into buying Darkfall this time, I tried it but it's a lot harder than it looks unless you're with a group.. Well was. So I am quite interested in seeing what it's like now.

Bernardo dei Medici
07-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Server choice is entirely an internal WSX decision, so I'm not going to make that decision for you guys. What I will do is try to entice you to pick the NA server, lol. RSS and several other guilds are playing under the Hyperion banner on the NA server.

I wish it was one server as well, but AV sold their souls to the devil when they released the EU server so they can't merge them until the agreement they made with their publisher dissolves.

Altenan Sorna
07-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Count me in - even if my access is random, but steady.

Jaidyn Sothenic
07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm back playing on EU with lots of people.

Amethys Aurelius
07-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh yes we have alot of ppl, and i love it.

Duncan Blackmoor
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm back playing on EU with lots of people.

are you playing with the daneslaw, or whatever they called themselves?

Amethys Aurelius
07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Daneslaw is cool, great clan. alot of fun in two days complete.

Jaidyn Sothenic
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
are you playing with the daneslaw, or whatever they called themselves?

Yes mate, I am one of the Elders running it.

Paul Varden
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes mate, I am one of the Elders running it.

And when Darkfall 2.0 comes, how will Wessex come into this? Are you leaving Wessex forever? it's confusing me a little.

Amethys Aurelius
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Viking theme, i couldnt leave it.

Duncan Blackmoor
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
i resubbed and found myself red and bound to a bindstone inside a city.... oh joy :)

Jaidyn Sothenic
07-04-2012, 04:41 PM
And when Darkfall 2.0 comes, how will Wessex come into this? Are you leaving Wessex forever? it's confusing me a little.

http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?11465-Friends-of-old-and-new

I have said my farewells. But still apart of the Wessex community in spirit.

Paul Varden
07-04-2012, 04:58 PM
http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?11465-Friends-of-old-and-new

I have said my farewells. But still apart of the Wessex community in spirit.

So you said your farewells and joined Danes? or completely left?

Jaidyn Sothenic
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
As a friend of Manus I was asked to stick around and that I am welcome in the community, he knows I am apart of the leadership of DanesLaw and wont be joining you for Darkfall.

Cyndane Vadin
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
What up with the 20x increase in skill gain? Thats pretty insane. Wont everyone be maxed out when the update hits?

Zyconnic Wolfe
07-04-2012, 11:44 PM
I think they will do a wipe and start everything from new.. but no one really know

Altenan Sorna
07-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Okay, so here's the skinny on how DF and my rigs get along:

Laptop - Anyone ever remember how horrendously bad I'd lag in FoM? Guess what? Same here. It's strictly hardware lag, but at least I can gather resources. :P

Desktop - Won't know until tomorrow, give or take. I'm guessing it'll run a lot better. Some of you might be shocked to know that I finally upgraded my GPU. (Nothing fancy, but it works.)

That said, I'm looking to be more a serious craftsman/cook, than I am a combatant. Seeing as this would seriously be against the Footsman mantra, could anyone give me any ideas on exactly what role to go for within the Duchy? After being gone for even a few years, one tends to forget the who's-who, and who-does-what.

Otto Osterwind
07-05-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm also on the EU-1 server with DanesLaw. Been a great few days with good friends in.

Paul Varden
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I've also joined DanesLaw as it's majority all EU and the players I use't to play with. Going on holiday though on Wednesday so won't be subbing until when I get back.

Aery Thiralis
07-07-2012, 07:37 AM
I'll wait and see before I play.

Thaliost
07-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Against all reason, I went ahead and just resubbed in EU.
Game client validating data.

Julian Masno
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I am now downloading it since I have the next two days off of work.

Ormal Nehutyc
07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
After reading the thread I have come to a halt and a question. Do I join EU or NA? I live in Alaska USA mind you so my connection to both could be nearly the same. I mostly worry about pressence,that meaning Wessex and allies of Wessex. I have a strong feeling towards EU since Otto and thaliost are on EU(Otto got me into wessex,Thaliost is awesome) But RSS is on NA and it would seem that my ping would do better on that server...in theory.

Thoughts on this?

Duncan Blackmoor
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Well we haven't set on a specific server officially yet. So if you want to play right now, my advice is to just pick a server and start playing, you can always transfer over later.

I am trying to gather people for a game of darkfall on another thread, you can find it here.

http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?11497-Playing-Darkfall

Altenan Sorna
07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I went NA due to living in the States, but I'm guessing there's a way to play on EU as well once you're subbed? Or am I wrong in that guess, and it's a per-server sub?

Duncan Blackmoor
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
you can transfer your char for a price, or just create a new char on a new server.