PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Fealty - Sir Lyks, Thane of Vehm

Lyks
11-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Before all who stand within these Cathedral walls, I, Lyks the Thane of Vehm, by the Light of Soldeus, hereby swear fealty and do homage to His Majesty, Manus Dei, the King of Wessex.

I swear to uphold the Common Law of Wessex and to abide by the decisions of the Royal Cabinet.
I swear to fight our enemies to the death if they attempt to lay disgrace or siege upon any part of the Kingdom.

I pledge to contribute a reasonable amount of resources and gold from my own estate to His Majesty, King Manus of Wessex, and shall train and equip a suitable garrison to defend the Kingdom of Wessex and to inculcate in my people the culture of Wessex and the love of Soldeus.

If I, or my sons or their successors, do not observe to His Majesty, the King of Wessex, or to His successors, each and all of the things declared above, we wish that our title be returned to His Majesty or His successors.

By Soldeus’ name, before whom this Cathedral is holy, I will to His Majesty be true and faithful, and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns, according to the laws of Soldeus. Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything which is unpleasing to him, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will perform everything as it was in our agreement when I submitted myself to him and chose his will.

Lyks kneels before King Manus and proclaims: "I become your liege man."

Manus Dei
11-27-2011, 08:47 AM
I, Manus, King of Wessex and Hyperion, Count of Elba. It is meet and fitting that those who do us liege homage should receive our favor and blessing. Thus do we accept Thane Lyks as our liege man, and will protect him against every creature, living or dead, so long as he shall hold us as he did when first he submitted to us and chose our will.

*Manus places a hand on the thane's shoulder and anoints him with the other*

Casilda Tametomo
11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath of Fealty to be given in good order and witnesses its acceptance, hereby recording it.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon His Majesty the King; upon the noble Thane, Sir Lyks of Vehm, and upon his people; and, upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s42/Najwalaylah/Signatures/seal-wessex-green-small.png
Casilda Sothenic
Herald
of the College of Arms
of the Kingdom of Wessex