View Full Version : Grant of Arms for His Grace Malachi Drake

Sir Levald Aurelius
09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
TO ALL AND SINGULAR to whom these presents shall come, I, Levald Aurelius, Herald Emcee of the Royal College of Arms, send you greetings.

WHEREAS it has pleased the Radiant Lord to call to His Service as Patriarch of the Church of Soldeus and Primate of All Wessex His Grace Malachi Drake, Archbishop of the Province of Wessex, Bishop of Wentus Castrum, Knight of the Solar Legion, and

WHEREAS, subsequent to this, the Most Holy Father, having already heretofore had Letters Patent of Armorial Ensigns granted and appointed unto him and duly recorded in His Majesty's College of Arms, accordingly hath rightly requested the favor of His Majesty's Warrant for our marshalling such Arms as befit this holy station;

AND FOREASMUCH as His Majesty Manus Dei, by the Grace of Soldeus King of Wessex, did by Warrant under his hand and Seal authorize and direct me to marshall such Arms and Ornaments and in the same Patent such Device and Badge accordingly, Know Ye therefore that I in pursuance of His Majesty's Warrant and by virtue of the Letters Patent granted by The King's Most Excellent Majesty do by these Presents marshall unto the said Malachi Drake, Patriarch of the Church of Wessex, the Arms following:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5244/malachicoa2.png

THAT IS TO SAY: Impaled, the arms of the Archdiocese of Wessex, Dexter, as under--
Per chevron Azure and Vert, on Argent an ordinary Chevron, representing the Grace of the Radiant Lord descending from the heavens to earth, a Candelabrum of five branches with Candles, Sable, enflamed Or, representing the Races that Soldeus shall claim as His Own; in chief the Sun in His Rayed Splendor, Or and in base a Cathedral of the same, representing the episcopal seat of Wentus Castrum at the Cathedral of Saint Jude;
and, Sinister, His Grace's personal arms, for which the Most Holy Father continues to use the design that was adopted upon his selection to receive the fullness of The Radiant Lord's Priesthood as a bishop, when he was appointed, ordained and installed as Bishop of Wentus Castrum and which he used during his tenure as Archbishop of Wessex, Gules a Wyvern Or;
the above encircled by its own exceptional privilege with the Insignia of the Solar Legion, a band Or with interior border Argent, and on it the Motto "LUMEN•SOLIS•VICTRIX"-- "By the Light of the Sun I Conquer", lettered Sable;
thus, completed with the external ornaments of a superimposed processional Cross of Soldeus, per cross upon per saltire, Or, that is placed in back of and which extends above and below the shield; and, a gallero supporting fiocchi numbering thirty, Vert chased and interlaced Or, the cord of the latter adorned dexter by The Royal Award for Meritorious Achievement;
all subscribed by His Grace's motto on a banner Argent;
the whole of which comprises the Heraldic Achievement.

THESE MAY BE BORNE and used forever hereafter by the said Malachi Drake in His Holy Office of Patriarch according to the Laws of Arms. In witness whereof I have to these Presents subscribed my name and affixed the seal of my office, by the Grace of Our Radiant Heavenly Father and of His Majesty, Manus Dei, King of Wessex.

http://www.kingdomofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif
Levald Aurelius
Herald Emcee
of the College of Arms
of the Kingdom of Wessex

Addendae:

The Patriarch's design is taken from the arms of the family Drake, and honours His Grace's parents and forebears.

For his motto, the Blessed Patriarch continues to use the Tindremene phrase, "SAPIENTA, JUSTITIA, DILECTIO." By the use of these words taken from Saint Martin Luther's Gospel (MLK 4:4:67), the Most Holy Father reiterates the admonition of Saint Martin Luther to the Kallards when he said of war that "This way of settling differences... cannot be reconciled with WISDOM, JUSTICE, and LOVE."

The pontifical hat aforementioned, with its thirty tassels, in five rows, on either side of the shield, all in green chased and interlaced with gold are specially warranted to be the heraldic insignia of a prelate of the rank of Patriarch by instruction of The Holy See of 333.