PDA

View Full Version : A New Game?!?

Nangar Rockhelm
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm reading into this that the code of the old game was poorly put together and patching a nightmare hence the lack of updates, and hence the updated version (new game, *cough* engine?) so hopefully all will change, and quite soon. Needless to say for August they say they may have a release date, but knowing AV you'd best read December, but, well enjoy

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/activity-report-july-1st/

Nangar Rockhelm
07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
ignore this blank space, I'm posting silly today

Falesh Helithian
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I doubt there will be a new engine though there may be some improvements like limited multi core utilization and many new models and animations. The gameplay though should change enough to justify the "new game" hype as many important things will be changing. I like the hype too as it needs something more then just an expansion to get a flood of new players/returning old ones to sub up. I'm 100% sure it will be awesome, the question is when it will arrive. ;)

Elagost Thego
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Interesting.

Nangar Rockhelm
07-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I still recon, but ofcourse dont know) they've been re-writting consderable portions of code. It explains the lack of development, why so many bugs still exist, why we get lag when a person comes into range. Basically I think the messed up the first attempt.

Royko Sothenic
07-02-2011, 09:32 AM
This is very good news indeed, this will get the playerbase back which is what darkfall is really missing, ive been saying for a year now that they should close game down and relaunch, news that its a new game is just awsome, i have every faith that this release is going to be epic, would be great for our roster too as im sure everyone who ever played darkfall will want to try this because they all know deep inside that darkfall is the greatest mmo out there but it was just missing something extra for them, other than pvp.

The Darkfall relaunch: First an ETA: Development should be completed sometime in August and we should know around that time when we’re going to release it and we’ll give out a release date and all the details. This relaunch is not an expansion. It’s a new game we’ve been developing in parallel with the current version of Darkfall. The scope is massive, and it has been difficult to stay on schedule after several unexpected issues we’ve had with the current version, changes and additions we decided to make for the new version, some business developments, and the decision to add the siege system into this version of the game rather than in the relaunch. There are shifting priorities having to do with business issues for this relaunch, and another part being some Asian developments we also need to take into consideration. We can assure you that everything we’re doing in this regard is in the best interest of our players and of Darkfall, and that the relaunch of the game will be very exciting for everyone.

Nangar Rockhelm
07-02-2011, 10:06 AM
There is concern about if this will include a character wipe, I've not seen clarification on this point, so I presume they have yet to decide.

Personally, though I'd imagine that in the interest of not pissing off the existing player base they'll move to rework the existing stsyem, keeping some skills, droping some, reworking some and making new ones. That would IMO give everyone something to work towards whilst not forcing a re-roll. Still, we'll hear soon enough, such a question demands an answer and soon.

Falesh Helithian
07-02-2011, 10:23 AM
There will not be a wipe, they have said that multiple times for instance here:

# Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
# I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=265301

Royko Sothenic
07-02-2011, 10:41 AM
They also said this would be released in 2010 lol

But yeah i agree i cant see there being a wipe, although it would not bother me either way.

Nangar Rockhelm
07-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Its true, Roy's threated to role a female dwarf and marry me...

Alexander TheDutch
07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
its true, roy's threated to role a female dwarf and marry me...

lol

Royko Sothenic
07-02-2011, 05:15 PM
female dwarf that dosnt want to marry nangar :)

Nangar Rockhelm
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Deny it all you like, i have witnesses!