PDA

View Full Version : Loot distribution

Falesh Helithian
07-01-2011, 06:40 PM
One of the things we want to change this time around is how we handle loot. The previous system was perfectly fair but exceptional time consuming. It got to the point where people would rather leave the loot unsorted in the guild vault then recive it if that meant having to sort it out.

One possible solution is to put all the loot together in a clan strongbox once every so often and let everyone take items one at a time. For instance you would say for everyone to take one good weapon and once everyone has do that again until all weapons are looted then move to armour. This is obviously less fair but takes a fraction of the excruciatingly boring work that the other system demanded.

So what do people think about that? Will this be acceptable or does anyone have a better idea?

Tarek Bane
07-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Well we could keep the old system just have a rota in place so the same ones arn't doing it over and over, and if you dont do your turn on the rota then you miss out on the share? depending on how much loot we get, (ie bank space) it could be done once a week? or maybe twice,
Could make a simple spread sheet with the date you sorted the loot to keep tabs on who is and who is not...

Alexander TheDutch
07-01-2011, 07:55 PM
i agree with tarek for this. old rules wherent that good like falesh sayed mostly the same people where splitting the loot. my stay in shining in japan showed me a different one witch i like also. they dropped everything in the clan vault and everyone took out what they needed if you have enough swords dont take swords. whe never had problems with it.
mostly whenn whe went out pvping whe geared out of the clan bank.
But you need group of people who you can trust with full bank acces ofcourse

things like infernal where put in a different back and whas rolled for. so

Nangar Rockhelm
07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Hope I dont get in trouble for spilling clan secrets but similarly to your idea Falesh, Lux put the stuff the clan gathered in the clan bank. I beleive this may then have be transfered to a dummy clan for temp storage (so as not to overwhelm the bank). After a period of time it was all gathered up back in Lux and split between lots of different bags and put in clan strong box (if danger around) or person (if safe), then loot the corpse. Limit depending on loot quality eg to 1 nice armor peice (FP+) and 1 R50 or above, the rest free for all...ish. Obviously you take the items out of the bags, not the whole bags. That way you have to search to find stuff. Regs and the like were resold to get the clan a bit of money. It wasnt to onerous, and whilst some may have worked harder to get the kit together, the whole clan benefitted. It also by-passes trust issues with open clan bank.

The old way was, as you say time consuming and perhaps onerous on those with the responsibilities to distribute.